Death of a Phantom
1451 9 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbf2cd62e
lvl.1
New Zealand

Well last night I crashed my Mavic and my Standard simultaneously.

Yep, I managed to get them both into the air at the same time, I was executing a follow me mission apparently. I had the Mavic’s rc in my left hand and the Standard’s rc in my right. Up and out they went to about 90 feet and then the difficulties began. Without any prompting from me my birds seemed to converge together without actually touching, one above the other (dunno what that was all about) but no matter which way I hastily toggled the four sticks, this way and that, I couldn’t get the quads to move apart. I thought, bugger me, they’ve become self aware and are just screwing with me, when all of a sudden a “mission aborted” message flashed up on the Mavic’s screen and down they went; the Mavic into an adjacent hay paddock, completely undamaged, thankfully. However the Standard didn’t fare nearly as well. It decided to put an end to the madness by diving, props first, into a saltwater lagoon about 100 yards in the opposite direction. And then I woke up, the nightmare was over, it had all been a dreadful dream. I hurriedly flicked on my bedside lamp and there they were, my precious girls, safely parked in the corner patiently awaiting their next airborne adventure.

2017-6-12
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

You might need to take a short break from the technology for awhile until normal dreams return...   lol...   :-)
2017-6-12
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

A wet dream about a Phantom landing in a saltwater lagoon. Quit eating that chocolate before bedtime.
2017-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Two drones and one brain... Oh oh... Haha

I have five drones and two helicopters. Got any suggestions? ;-)

Seriously though, hope that this unfortunate experience hasn't drowned your RC spirits.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fansbf,

As much as it may have been a dream, you have brought up a real problem.  Generally, two remote controllers should not be closer than 10 feet to each other unless they are flying on different frequencies, 2.4 vs. 5.8 GHz.  My friend and I were flying two Phantoms on 2.4 GHz and he was less than 10 feet from me when he lost control of his Phantom.  Lucky we caught it in time and he regained control.

In your case, your Mavic will fly both frequencies and your P3 Std remote controller flies at 5 GHz, the Live Feed is 2.4 GHz.  So if you try this in real life be sure to set your Mavic remote controller to 2.4 GHz.  

With other P3A and P3P and  P4, they all have remote controllers using 2.4 GHz.  If I fly my P4 Pro with any of these, I use 5.8 GHz since the P4 Pro also has a frequency choice.  Otherwise, we have to stay at least 10 feet away from each other.

Hope this helps somebody because you really had me going with your dream!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-12
Use props
fans814ed400
lvl.1
United States

No more drugs for you lol
2017-6-27
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

hahaha whoa that would suk if this where true
2017-6-27
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Flying two drones at the same time... iss madness
imageskatzemjamer kids.jpg
2017-6-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Who hasnt had that dream lol
2017-6-27
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Germany

So you're the little clown of a pilot who trespassed onto my hay field and lagoon.  I'm putting up an electrified fence around my property in my dream tonight.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules