1848 7 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Oosterbeek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76847 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

Like many I had huge problems with the HF downstream of my P4P after installing the latest firmware V01.04.0602 of June 8th 2017. The HF downsream is not connecting well causing your screen to glitch and the Status LED to blink fast from red, green and yellow without an audible signal.

The solution that worked for me was to downgrade back to V01.03.0509 of April 12th 2017. I used DJI Assistant 2 to do so.

All HF feed works normally again and the blinking Status LED is a steady green again.

Hope this will solve the many questions.
2017-6-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did you update the RC too (to 1.4.1)? It's required to get the link successfully reconnected after the P4P update to .604
2017-6-12
Use props
Eric Oosterbeek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76847 ft
Netherlands

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-12 17:47
Did you update the RC too (to 1.4.1)? It's required to get the link successfully reconnected after the P4P update to .604

Yup. Then also I don't see the need yet to get the latest version. Seeing all the complaints, it should not even have been distributed as a pre-pre-pre-alpha
2017-6-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK, then sadly I have nothing I can suggest further, Eric. After methodically working through the process (starting with cold update of P4P using Assistant 2, updating the RC via phone wifi after GO told me I needed to, and manually re-connecting the link), it all worked for me. Took it for the ultimate test on the weekend (mentioned in another thread) and all good - apart from needing a change of underwear afterwards.

Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been as successful as mine. I'm amazed at the variance of success. I'm suspecting solar flares, or perhaps people should start sacrificing chickens to the Great DJI God prior to starting the update process?
2017-6-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eric Oosterbeek Posted at 2017-6-12 17:56
Yup. Then also I don't see the need yet to get the latest version. Seeing all the complaints, it should not even have been distributed as a pre-pre-pre-alpha

Aloha Eric,

Sounds like your device is getting overwhelmed by the new upgrades and firmware.  What device are you using?  DJI GO 4 works best with a multi-processor and 2 GB RAM.

Also are you disabling all background operations and downloads?  Uninstall or disable all apps that have nothing to do with DJI.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-12
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-12 18:09
OK, then sadly I have nothing I can suggest further, Eric. After methodically working through the process (starting with cold update of P4P using Assistant 2, updating the RC via phone wifi after GO told me I needed to, and manually re-connecting the link), it all worked for me. Took it for the ultimate test on the weekend (mentioned in another thread) and all good - apart from needing a change of underwear afterwards.

Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been as successful as mine. I'm amazed at the variance of success. I'm suspecting solar flares, or perhaps people should start sacrificing chickens to the Great DJI God prior to starting the update process?

LOL, Punchbuggy!  But it was Socrates who told his friends   "don't forget to sacrifice a rooster to Asklepios..."   I'm sure we are not at THAT stage...
2017-6-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-13 01:50
LOL, Punchbuggy!  But it was Socrates who told his friends   "don't forget to sacrifice a rooster to Asklepios..."   I'm sure we are not at THAT stage...

hehe but yeah, after reading of all the problems people are reporting with the latest P4P firmware, are you sure of that?  
2017-6-13
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-13 16:40
hehe but yeah, after reading of all the problems people are reporting with the latest P4P firmware, are you sure of that?

Absolutely!  Especially in the morning, after i have taken my first cup of coffee and my daily dose of painkillers, I am quite an optimist
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules