An app that tells you how tall surrounding buildings are?
1052 7 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Does anyone know of an app or website that shows the height of surrounding buildings?
2017-6-13
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Google earth perhaps.
2017-6-13
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

There is a New App becoming soon available called drone start. It uses maps that have elevation data to advise of your recommended RTH altitude.  
2017-6-13
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Canada

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-6-13 04:54
There is a New App becoming soon available called drone start. It uses maps that have elevation data to advise of your recommended RTH altitude.

How did you hear about the app? Do you know if there is a beta version of this?
2017-6-14
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

jamesw Posted at 2017-6-14 05:50
How did you hear about the app? Do you know if there is a beta version of this?

It was in beta however its stopped beta now and being released soon I believe. https://www.faulknerlabs.io/drone-start
2017-6-17
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Canada

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-6-17 15:25
It was in beta however its stopped beta now and being released soon I believe. https://www.faulknerlabs.io/drone-start

Thanks man!
2017-6-17
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

No problem. I tried it during beta its is looking to be a handy little app. Even reminds you about altitude adjustment and to check home altitude when using DJI GO. It did have a few little niggles like where I live is all class D airspace. So it wouldn't let me use the apps built in auto take off. Developer told me its designed for safety so it will probably stay like that. However I did express that under certain conditions it should allow an override.
What I would like to see is DJI somehow link to live flight data, this would be a great safety feature to pre warn of anything in flight path or aircraft flying low. Had a heart pumping moment when an air search aircraft came out of nowhere and was very low thankfully the magic can climb pretty quick. A feature like that would have pre warned of this.
2017-6-18
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Is it an iOS or Android - or both - App?

Thank you.
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules