1798 14 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighCamera
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I bought a Phantom 4 pro+ remote controller to control my existing phantom 4 Pro could I plug Goggles into hdmi on the remote and still have the screen on the remote at the same time?

2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why would you need both? But yes, of course the screen should still work, so you can make parameter changes. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-6-13
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-6-13 10:03
Why would you need both? But yes, of course the screen should still work, so you can make parameter changes. ;-)

Because at times I'm not the one wearing the goggles.
2017-6-13
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Should still work and yes I have tried this are different things. I thought maybe some one here has a P4P+ and has done this.
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-13 10:20
Because at times I'm not the one wearing the goggles.

Ah, well, then you would already know the screen still works with the goggles plugged in.

Makes sense to ask, but you could simply plug them in to find out. When you get your set. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-13 10:24
Should still work and yes I have tried this are different things. I thought maybe some one here has a P4P+ and has done this.

Hopefully someone with direct experience, using both simultaneously, can shed light on this for you.
But I feel, if memory serves me, my answer will be correct, good luck.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-13
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks man. I guess I should have stated my question a little better.  With a P4P Plus remote does the HDMI and USB outputs on the remote allow for goggle use and built in screen use simultaneously?  I was entertaining the idea of getting the remote. I have not ordered one
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-13 12:02
Thanks man. I guess I should have stated my question a little better.  With a P4P Plus remote does the HDMI and USB outputs on the remote allow for goggle use and built in screen use simultaneously?  I was entertaining the idea of getting the remote. I have not ordered one

Yes, as stated, they should work independent to one another, allowing you to lift the goggles and attend  parameter choices with your app, on the device/RC screen.
It would be poor functionality, if you were to have to unplug the goggles for the screen to be lit.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-13 12:02

Aloha High,

It should work as RedHot is trying to indicate and there would be dual display, but I also do not have the P4 Pro+ (plus) and the Goggles as you requested.  One of the Goggles videos actually shows the answer to your question (I cannot find it now though).  The current and most informative video mentions multiple remotes and Goggles and also mentions the Phantoms and Inspires.  The FAQ says that the Goggles HDMI will connect to any HDMI device.  However, Head-tracking only works with USB.  (But, the USB will not connect to the P4 Pro+ (plus)).

The big question to still get resolved is the resolution.  The P3A, P3P, P4 and P4 Advanced and P4 Pro all can have 720p HDMI modules installed.  The P4 Pro+ (plus) has a 1080p HDMI module built into the screen.  Using a HDMI cable will get 1080p to the Goggles.  To see both the device display and the Goggles display, you have to enable dual display in the DJI GO 4 app.  I suspect that the side controls on the Goggles will not work with the HDMI cable though since there is no indicated channel for controls like is mentioned for the USB ability to control the Goggles and Head-tracking.

One way to look at the problem though is the Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) regulation.  You have to be able to flip up the Goggles to see your bird (or have a spotter) and when you have the Goggles flipped up, you still have to control the bird.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

• This question came to me as I was formulating a plan to try for more stability.
  • I have been using my Shield tablet which I love but I can't get it to stop losing the App. Comes back I know but P.I.T.A.
  • $600.00 for the Plus remote could be as much as a good Apple product plus it would have connectivity.
  • Downside is small screen
  • The Shield gives me an HDMI output right on th tablet that works perfect. I don't mind losing the head tracking.
  • I guess for now I'll just deal with the crashing and wait for updates.
  • It's really cool to be flying with the tab like always and have friends come up to me and just grab the goggles and hotplug into the shield to see birds eye view
  • Just kicking these things around here for some one elses inspiration, nothing is really broken so thanks for reading
  • Also got me wondering why DJI is so Apple bias but uses a stripped down Android os on their own remote. I guess they figured out how to make it work after all.
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-13 15:14
  • This question came to me as I was formulating a plan to try for more stability.
  • I have been using my Shield tablet which I love but I can't get it to stop losing the App. Comes back I know but P.I.T.A.
  • $600.00 for the Plus remote could be as much as a good Apple product plus it would have connectivity.

• Aloha High,

So, does the Shield HDMI work well with the Goggles?  I bought the Eachine Goggles Two for $140 and it has a 1080p display, but single screen.  I love the 20/20 vision, but I have to use 3 diopter reading glasses with it.

BTW, nVidia just came out with a new firmware update for the Shield K1 that includes the crash issue.  You might want to look into it.  It is version 5.2.

Aloha and Drone On!
    2017-6-13
    Use props
    marctronixx
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 210118 ft
    • >>>
    United States

apple has strict rules about how an app will work on their OS. its just one iOS.

android is open ended so there are more different "flavors" of android.

it makes sense to design an app on android because the code is free. no license to pay.

==

i have a p4p+ and the goggles. the goggles landed monday and have not had time to set them up/update firmware.

i can plug them in tomorrow to the RC to test if you need anything else answered. seems though you have your bases covered based on the above posts...
    2017-6-13
    Use props
    HighCamera
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 17:15
    Aloha High,

So, does the Shield HDMI work well with the Goggles?  I bought the Eachine Goggles Two for $140 and it has a 1080p display, but single screen.  I love the 20/20 vision, but I have to use 3 diopter reading glasses with it.

I think the shield works great with the goggles for me. You don't get head tracking with HDMI on any device . It shows exactly what is on the tablet. Just curious how you found out about the crash issue being addressed with the new firmware 5.2. I need to read all about it. I did upgrade as soon as it came out but still crashed once already
    2017-6-14
    Use props
    Cetacean
    Captain
    • >>>
    United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-14 07:19
    I think the shield works great with the goggles for me. You don't get head tracking with HDMI on any device . It shows exactly what is on the tablet. Just curious how you found out about the crash issue being addressed with the new firmware 5.2. I need to read all about it. I did upgrade as soon as it came out but still crashed once already

Aloha High,

It was in the text introducing the Firmware Update - you know, the one that disappears as soon as you start the update.  Have you tried looking at the nVidia Web Site?  I was going to do that next.

There is something weird about these crashes though.  They are very easy to recover from but the restart is a serious pain! - there goes the video, do it again!  Something is predictable about them but I just cannot figure it out yet.  If you have any ideas, please share!

On my system, the new DJI GO 4 really tries to hold on to the signal even when a crash is in progress.  It fades in and out and in and out and some times I can recover without a restart.  But, part of my system is that I use the parabolics for range and foliage penetration.  Not aiming them right can start an episode, so you have to be on your toes.

Since this Nougat problem started, both DJI and nVidia have been working hard to get a handle on it.  I have seen progress, but from what you say, it is still there (I have not flown with it yet, bummer).  Anyway, have a good time with those Goggles!  The problem will get solved eventually!

Aloha and Drone On!
    2017-6-14
    Use props
    HighCamera
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United States

Hey there Cetacean,
    Your crashes don't really sound like mine. My app just dissapears instantly, no warning, no stuttering etc.  I wonder if some of the guys who downgraded back to earlier Android are still flying stable with new firmware etc?

2017-6-15
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules