Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
trouble sending video file
1718 25 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lanahan310
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69977 ft

United States

hello I am having trouble sending video files over email, saying the file is too big. what are the optimum settings on the camera to best enable a mov. file being sent successfully?
2017-6-13
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

In general you would want to set the lowest quality possible. Still a decent 5 sec movie will be too large for e-mail.
Video + e-mail are two worlds that don't get along.
I send larger files via Wetransfer. That is free - up to 2GB.
2017-6-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or you could use drop box or some other file hosting site and email the link to share file viewing.
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Where are you trying to move the files to, another computer or a mobile device. Like Aardvark mentioned, a file sharing site like Dropbox would be the best course of action.
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-13 13:38
Or you could use drop box or some other file hosting site and email the link to share file viewing.

Aloha Aardvark,

Can you check this for me?  When I tried to use my DropBox to upload a 1080p video, it would reduce the video to 720p.  I have the free version.  

720p is unusable for me.  Does the purchased DropBox allow 1080p video?  Mahalo in advance for any help on this!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-14
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

I upload to youtube...   Free and will accept HD and 4K videos.   :-)
2017-6-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-14 00:41
Aloha Aardvark,

Can you check this for me?  When I tried to use my DropBox to upload a 1080p video, it would reduce the video to 720p.  I have the free version.  

Aloha Cetacean

I have only ever used drop box for making original files available for download. Any video I have ever viewed in the past using drop box was poor quality.
I will need to log onto an old drop box account and run some tests regarding the resolution. But to be honest as Pasaytenpete has already suggested the 'tube' is probably the best platform for moving forward in terms of streaming video files.
2017-6-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-14 23:50
Aloha Cetacean

I have only ever used drop box for making original files available for download. Any video I have ever viewed in the past using drop box was poor quality.

Yes, but to be honest, the OP was asking about sending video files elsewhere, not viewing them. And Dropbox is best for that purpose.
2017-6-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-14 23:50
Aloha Cetacean

Aloha Aardvark,

Mahalo!  Anything more you find out on that will be helpful.  Have you ever figured out a way to download a video from YouTube?  At one time I thought it was possible.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-15 00:54
Yes, but to be honest, the OP was asking about sending video files elsewhere, not viewing them. And Dropbox is best for that purpose.

Aloha Geebax,

So, are you saying the DropBox video player only plays back at 720p while it preserves the original upload at 1080p?  And that 1080p video is available to download and play on your own video player at 1080p?  Hmm.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-15 02:03
Aloha Geebax,

So, are you saying the DropBox video player only plays back at 720p while it preserves the original upload at 1080p?  And that 1080p video is available to download and play on your own video player at 1080p?  Hmm.

Yes, Dropbox has a video preview mode that is pretty awful, but the whole purpose of Dropbox is to make available files in their original form. If you download the file it will be exactly as it was originally. Youtube, Vimeo and all those other video sharing sites heavily process the file, so it is not in any way original. To sum up, if you want to share a file with anyone in its original form and size, start an account with Dropbox and use it for sharing.
2017-6-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-15 16:26
Yes, Dropbox has a video preview mode that is pretty awful, but the whole purpose of Dropbox is to make available files in their original form. If you download the file it will be exactly as it was originally. Youtube, Vimeo and all those other video sharing sites heavily process the file, so it is not in any way original. To sum up, if you want to share a file with anyone in its original form and size, start an account with Dropbox and use it for sharing.

Aloha Geebax,

Well, that explains a lot of things.  I had given up on DropBox for video because I thought it was pulling a YouTube.  Mahalo for the information!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-15 01:58
Aloha Aardvark,

Mahalo!  Anything more you find out on that will be helpful.  Have you ever figured out a way to download a video from YouTube?  At one time I thought it was possible.

Last I recalled, there were YouTube converter sites, but none of that was ever high quality.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-15 17:48
Aloha Geebax,

Well, that explains a lot of things.  I had given up on DropBox for video because I thought it was pulling a YouTube.  Mahalo for the information!

I concur with Geebax, it all really depends on what you need. The OP, though seems like he wants to send the original files somewhere and not just streaming.
2017-6-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 19:34
Last I recalled, there were YouTube converter sites, but none of that was ever high quality.

Aloha Jamie,

Mahalo for the input.  When I was aware of such things, I was not in the drone world.  Most of my experience with video has come with Phantoms.  What an education!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 19:39
I concur with Geebax, it all really depends on what you need. The OP, though seems like he wants to send the original files somewhere and not just streaming.

Aloha Jamie,

Yes, what Geebax says makes sense.  I still plan to make a test of a very short video to see the upload and download effects on quality.  Good thing we are having this discussion, I already told someone a month or two ago erroneous information under these circumstances.

It is so nice to have this Forum as such a resource.  I get answers to questions I never knew I had!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-16
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-16 01:02
Aloha Jamie,

Mahalo for the input.  When I was aware of such things, I was not in the drone world.  Most of my experience with video has come with Phantoms.  What an education!

Alhoa, Cetacean!
I use this  with Firefox to download videos, and sofar it hasn't failed me. If different resolution files are available, it lets you chose the one you want to download. This Extension is called Video Download Helper.
videodownloadhelper 1.png
videodownloadhelper2.png
2017-6-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-16 01:43
Alhoa, Cetacean!
I use this  with Firefox to download videos, and sofar it hasn't failed me. If different resolution files are available, it lets you chose the one you want to download. This Extension is called Video Download Helper.

Aloha Antonio,

Mahalo for the information!  I will look into this.  I do not use Firefox, but there may be something to this I could use one way or another.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-16
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-16 09:34
Aloha Antonio,

Mahalo for the information!  I will look into this.  I do not use Firefox, but there may be something to this I could use one way or another.

Aloha Cetacean !  You are welcome! I use it mainly for downloading videos, so quite rarely, but I still keep it for old times sake, because of its relation to old Netscape and Mozilla... (I am THAT dated )
2017-6-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-16 09:42
Aloha Cetacean !  You are welcome! I use it mainly for downloading videos, so quite rarely, but I still keep it for old times sake, because of its relation to old Netscape and Mozilla... (I am THAT dated  )

Aloha Antonio,

Just remember, you are a spring chicken when compared to an old man like me!  I started with Windows 3.0 and remember when a 386 was so amazing!  My Dad never threw out his 286 because he thought it did all he could ask of it.  My Dad died of alzheimers .  The last years were the best - he forgot about my childhood!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-16
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-16 15:24
Aloha Antonio,

Just remember, you are a spring chicken when compared to an old man like me!  I started with Windows 3.0 and remember when a 386 was so amazing!  My Dad never threw out his 286 because he thought it did all he could ask of it.  My Dad died of alzheimers .  The last years were the best - he forgot about my childhood!

Aloha Cetacean, very flattered by being called a spring chicken, but archeological findings tell a different story    First computer I put my hands on as a student and punched lines of code in Fortran IV for, was an IBM 7090 (already a bit old) back in 1969. I must still have a stack of hollerith cards somewhere... Very first "desktop" I ever used was a Hewlett Packard 9820 in 1972.
2017-6-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-16 23:36
Aloha Cetacean, very flattered by being called a spring chicken, but archeological findings tell a different story    First computer I put my hands on as a student and punched lines of code in Fortran IV for, was an IBM 7090 (already a bit old) back in 1969. I must still have a stack of hollerith cards somewhere... Very first "desktop" I ever used was a Hewlett Packard 9820 in 1972.

Aloha Antonio,

Well, my last paper in college was written with punch cards on a DEC something or other.  It was so old even I forget what it was!  I still have the printout.  My professor was hardly amused.  

But, I concede to you the longevity debate.  The important point is that we concede nothing to these young whipper-snappers today!  The tread on our wheels may be well worn but we still keep going!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You call that old, it's nuthin. I had to build my own first computer, hacked it out of a solid chunk of silicon with a flint knife.
2017-6-17
Use props
fans39c96ff4
New

United Arab Emirates

I have successfully got the flight records from the DJI Go app but would like to see what more information the .dat file contains on the drone.
I am trying to open DAT files through HealthyDrone but nothing return.

Please Help
2017-6-17
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-17 00:14
Aloha Antonio,

Well, my last paper in college was written with punch cards on a DEC something or other.  It was so old even I forget what it was!  I still have the printout.  My professor was hardly amused.  

LOL, you have those new rubber/thread wheels? Mine are made of iron, they wear less than the wooden ones but they are sooo heavy I soon get out of steam !!!

@Geebax, I understand it was not a solid chunk of pure silicon, it was a true to God opal
2017-6-17
Use props
Lanahan310
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69977 ft

United States

Thanks guys! this forum is amazing! I found that google drive is probably my best bet
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules