Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-3 02:55
It has been available to your account 2 days ago. Please make sure the internet is available when you attempt to access the beta.

Pinpointmapping@gmail.com
Aloha DJI Thor, can you share the beta software to address the gimbal buzz and 50% calibration issue that I am experiencing with my P4P.  Mahalo
2017-9-10
Use props
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-9-10 04:27
Aloha DJI Thor, can you share the beta software to address the gimbal buzz and 50% calibration issue that I am experiencing with my P4P.  Mahalo

Aloha Thor,
I'm afraid I can seem to "find" the beta in DJI Assistant 2.  Below is a screen shot that only shows the current version available for my P4P.
Is there someplace else I would locate it?

image.png
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Steve Crossman Posted at 2017-9-9 03:43
Finally got the beta downloaded and installed.

Now to test it and see if the problem is fixed and I can fly it once again.

Glad and excited to know that. You can switch back to your original account now. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-9-10 04:27

I would help to release later. Please wait for a while. You can access it either with DJI Assistant 2 or DJI GO 4.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans9bbaeb61 Posted at 2017-9-10 00:13
I received the Beta, installed it and the 50% calibration problem was gone.
But after that I powered off the drone and when I powered on again, the gimbal just went up and down all the time without stopping, I could calibrate the gimbal and it stopped, but now everytime I power on the drone I have to calibrate the gimbal, if not it goes up and down non-stop.

Could you please provide us a video for this case? I would like to forward it to our engineers to look into. Appreciate your assistance.
2017-9-10
Use props
J_G
lvl.1
United States

Hello DJI Thor,

I am having the same 50% calibration freeze and gimbal buzz. Can I PM you my email address for access to the beta?
2017-9-11
Use props
CloserWheel93
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Please send beta to joshdancu@gmail.com.

Thank you, I am also dealing with this issue.

Best,
Josh
2017-9-11
Use props
fans766953af
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158881 ft
Sweden

DJI Thor.
Why not push out the beta in Assistant, so those who need to upgrade can get it.
We are many out here with the buzzing gimbals.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

J_G Posted at 2017-9-11 10:46
Hello DJI Thor,

I am having the same 50% calibration freeze and gimbal buzz. Can I PM you my email address for access to the beta?

I had received your PM and the beta should be available to your account. Please make sure that there is the internet to access it. Thank you.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CloserWheel93 Posted at 2017-9-11 12:42
Please send beta to joshdancu@gmail.com.

Thank you, I am also dealing with this issue.

Roger that, please check your account later. Thank you.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans766953af Posted at 2017-9-11 15:14
DJI Thor.
Why not push out the beta in Assistant, so those who need to upgrade can get it.
We are many out here with the buzzing gimbals.

I understand that, but the beta has not been publishing official yet, so the beta tester needs to provide the account to access it. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-9-12
Use props
J_G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-12 01:28
I had received your PM and the beta should be available to your account. Please make sure that there is the internet to access it. Thank you.

Got it. Seems to have corrected the issue. Thank you!
2017-9-12
Use props
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-10 23:48
I would help to release later. Please wait for a while. You can access it either with DJI Assistant 2 or DJI GO 4.

It seems that the BUZZ is related to the gimbal getting HOT and I fear this will lead to reduced longevity.  I'd prefer to not WAIT, if there is a fix available, please share it with me.  I use this UAV for mapping work not just hobby use and need operational equipment.
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_B2L7fKA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25843 ft
United States

I have the 50% calibration freeze on a Phantom 4 Pro.  Please send the beta to 29orion@gmail.com  
2017-9-12
Use props
fans85c1c7af
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-12 01:28

Hello DJI Thor,
I have a Phantom 4 Pro with the same Gimbal problem (noisy and can't get past 50% calibrtation).
Would you please make the Beta firmware available to me as well?
My email is draab222@comcast.net
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-9-12 08:32
It seems that the BUZZ is related to the gimbal getting HOT and I fear this will lead to reduced longevity.  I'd prefer to not WAIT, if there is a fix available, please share it with me.  I use this UAV for mapping work not just hobby use and need operational equipment.

Got your account on PM, had forwarded to the engineers, will release later. Please check your account and make sure there is the internet to access it. Thank you.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Accounts provided above will receive the beta later. Please check your account and finish the upgrade either with DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2. Let me know if you haven't received it. Thank you.
2017-9-14
Use props
Abanoub
New
Italy

I have the same problem please send to me the beta software to abanoubpody@gmail.com
2017-9-14
Use props
Abanoub
New
Italy

I have the same problem please send to me the beta software to abanoubpody@gmail.com
2017-9-14
Use props
AVofVT
New
United States

Also having this problem with a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus, haven't even taken it outside yet but as I was going through the upgrades my gimbal started making noises and the bottom of the drone gets hot (as described by everyone above) -- as well as the 50% calibration issue. I run Linux on my computer so I can't easily use the DJI Assistant on my computer but please push me this update so I can finally fly this drone.

Email was PM'ed
2017-9-14
Use props
fansfbd14722
New
Flight distance : 150016 ft
United States

I'm experiencing the same exact issue. Can you forward the Beta please? webmastergray@gmail.com thank you kindly
2017-9-14
Use props
Abanoub
New
Italy

My new drone p4p come with noise in the gimbel please i need the beta firmwere abanoubpody@gmail.com
2017-9-15
Use props
Bino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468248 ft
Austria

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-12 01:35
I understand that, but the beta has not been publishing official yet, so the beta tester needs to provide the account to access it. Thanks for your kind understanding.

please beta for wildesreiskorn@gmail.com
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

fans9bbaeb61 Posted at 2017-9-10 00:13
I received the Beta, installed it and the 50% calibration problem was gone.
But after that I powered off the drone and when I powered on again, the gimbal just went up and down all the time without stopping, I could calibrate the gimbal and it stopped, but now everytime I power on the drone I have to calibrate the gimbal, if not it goes up and down non-stop.

Were you involved in an accident? Is the gimbal clamp off?
2017-9-15
Use props
GDS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 589393 ft
Thailand

Hi DJI, just taken delivery of a new P4P and have the same problem as everyone else: Noisy gimbal and calibration stuck at 50%.
Please can you urgently push the Beta fix to my Assistant account.
Many thanks.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Abanoub Posted at 2017-9-14 02:54
I have the same problem please send to me the beta software to

Sorry for the late reply. I would help to release. Please wait for a while. You can access it either with DJI Assistant 2 or DJI GO 4 later.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AVofVT Posted at 2017-9-14 13:22
Also having this problem with a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus, haven't even taken it outside yet but as I was going through the upgrades my gimbal started making noises and the bottom of the drone gets hot (as described by everyone above) -- as well as the 50% calibration issue. I run Linux on my computer so I can't easily use the DJI Assistant on my computer but please push me this update so I can finally fly this drone.

Email was PM'ed

Got your PM. Will help to forward to the engineers. The beta will be available later coz it is on weekend here. Please wait for a while. Thank you.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GDS Posted at 2017-9-15 23:02
Hi DJI, just taken delivery of a new P4P and have the same problem as everyone else: Noisy gimbal and calibration stuck at 50%.
Please can you urgently push the Beta fix to my Assistant account.
Many thanks.

Please leave me you DJI account so we could help to release the beta. Thank you.
2017-9-16
Use props
Super Dog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222434 ft
United States

I'm new to the forum and to the P4P family. I too am now exhibiting the buzzing sound and 50% camera calibration issue. Could someone please walk me through the fix? Thank you   charliehoffmanphotography@frontier.com
2017-9-16
Use props
djiuser_YH0eW6P
New

United States

Having the same issue with P4 Adv. Please release beta firmware to skye3bird@aol.com
2017-9-16
Use props
GDS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 589393 ft
Thailand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-16 02:51
Please leave me you DJI account so we could help to release the beta. Thank you.

Sorry Thor,
info@granddesignsiam.com
Thanks for your help. Have an urgent job to do early this week.
2017-9-16
Use props
ArtSez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1530778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Thor,

I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, freezes at 50% during calibration. Can you please add me to the list for beta firmware update. artsez@comcast.net  
Phantom 4 pro - DJI Goggles - Crystal Sky

Thanks
2017-9-16
Use props
ArtSez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1530778 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 18:55
That is abnormal. Could you please send me another account to access the beta?

Hi DJI Thor,

I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, freezes at 50% during calibration. Can you please send me the beta firmware update. artsez@comcast.net  The sooner the better, this noise is annoying.
Phantom 4 pro - DJI Goggles - Crystal Sky

Thanks,
2017-9-16
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.1
United States

Hi Thor, I have not as of yet received the push notice for the update. I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, freezes at 50% during calibration. Can you please send me the beta firmware update.  
charliehoffmanphotography@frontier.com
2017-9-17
Use props
rstangroom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 935276 ft
United Kingdom

To All/Any administrators

Can somebody PLEASE push the beta firmware to my account – richard@awdltd.co.uk.

Due to the amount of jiggle/Jello/Wobble in the videos caused by a major vibration in the gimble that make the camera vibrate, I simply can’t currently use the drone – I’m told that this new firmware will fix it, but despite providing my account email address as requested, I still can’t get it, rendering my drone currently completely useless and unfit for purpose!!!!

In this clip, not only can you hear the vibration, you can actually see the camera wobbling around - no wonder my footage is such poor quality!!!

2017-9-17
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-13 18:19
Hi all, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need me to collect your account or to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap. Thank you.

DJI Thor ~ I’m a photographer/CBS News  If you cloud please have the engineers push the update to me I'd be most appreciative

I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, freezes at 50% during calibration. Can you please send me the beta firmware update.   charliehoffmanphotography@frontier.com

Using Phantom 4 Pro

With all this said ~ Is there any possibility that the issue damaged P4P?
2017-9-17
Use props
Sebi
First Officer
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

I am having the same issue
Can you assist
sebastian@list.pl
2017-9-17
Use props
fanse4f63829
New
United States

I am having the same problem.  Please send me the beta software jason@bencoparts.com
2017-9-17
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.1
United States

Just for clarity, I tried to reset my p4p firmware to factory specs, which also seems to be the latest firmware 1.04.0602 and it seems to have resolved the issue for now. Not sure if we should proceed with the bata update...please advise. Thank you Charlie
2017-9-17
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.1
United States

For my own curiosity, I tried to reset my p4p firmware to factory specs, which also seems to be the latest firmware 1.04.0602 (as there were no others listed in the DJI Go 4 App to roll back too) and it seems to have resolved the issue for now. Not sure if we should proceed with the beta update...please advise.

Further, with all this said and potentially fixing it with the reset to factory specs, is there any possibility that the issue of buzzing and not being able to calibrate the camera damaged P4P?
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules