Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
1068797 1068797 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Super Gus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222434 ft
United States

Just for clarity, I tried to reset my p4p firmware to factory specs, which also seems to be the latest firmware 1.04.0602 and it seems to have resolved the issue for now. Not sure if we should proceed with the bata update...please advise. Thank you Charlie
2017-9-17
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.2
United States

For my own curiosity, I tried to reset my p4p firmware to factory specs, which also seems to be the latest firmware 1.04.0602 (as there were no others listed in the DJI Go 4 App to roll back too) and it seems to have resolved the issue for now. Not sure if we should proceed with the beta update...please advise.

Further, with all this said and potentially fixing it with the reset to factory specs, is there any possibility that the issue of buzzing and not being able to calibrate the camera damaged P4P?
2017-9-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Super Gus Posted at 2017-9-17 14:02
For my own curiosity, I tried to reset my p4p firmware to factory specs, which also seems to be the latest firmware 1.04.0602 (as there were no others listed in the DJI Go 4 App to roll back too) and it seems to have resolved the issue for now. Not sure if we should proceed with the beta update...please advise.

Further, with all this said and potentially fixing it with the reset to factory specs, is there any possibility that the issue of buzzing and not being able to calibrate the camera damaged P4P?

I would be interested to know if that also fixes the issue with changing from NTSC to PAL and vice versa and doing a camera reset as both of these cause the gimbal to whine, buzz and end up crooked on the beta firmware.
Is there any chance you could try one of these and let us know if there is a problem.
2017-9-17
Use props
Abarahona2110
lvl.1
Canada

Has any of you guys got the beta firmware and been able to get good results with this? And how does the beta firmware work? Do you install something or is it automatic?
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Super Gus Posted at 2017-9-17 14:02

I am sorry for the late reply. Your account had forwarded to the engineers and will receive the beta soon. Please check your account later. Thank you.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, account provided above will get the beta soon. Sorry for the late reply and please check your account later. Thanks.
2017-9-18
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.2
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-17 22:25
I would be interested to know if that also fixes the issue with changing from NTSC to PAL and vice versa and doing a camera reset as both of these cause the gimbal to whine, buzz and end up crooked on the beta firmware.
Is there any chance you could try one of these and let us know if there is a problem.

Will do as so as I hear back from Thor at DJI
2017-9-18
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-18 04:19
Hi all, account provided above will get the beta soon. Sorry for the late reply and please check your account later. Thanks.

Thank you so much, for the push update.  But I do have 2 questions.  I was able to calibrate and the buzzing stopped after resting my P4P back to factory specs. Should I still do the update? and second, did this bussing and failure to calibrate potential cause any harm to my unit?
2017-9-18
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-18 04:19

Thank you so much, for the push update.  But I do have 2 questions.  I was able to calibrate and the buzzing stopped after resting my P4P back to factory specs. Should I still do the update? and second, did this bussing and failure to calibrate potential cause any harm to my unit?
2017-9-18
Use props
ArtSez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Super Gus Posted at 2017-9-17 13:53
Just for clarity, I tried to reset my p4p firmware to factory specs, which also seems to be the latest firmware 1.04.0602 and it seems to have resolved the issue for now. Not sure if we should proceed with the bata update...please advise. Thank you Charlie

Gus, any reply back whether we should apply the firmware update or just restore all software? It sounds to me like a clean restore would be the best solution rather than a patch that may create other issues. But the restore will wipe out all stored settings meaning we need to start over, etc. no?
2017-9-18
Use props
ArtSez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530778 ft
  • >>>
United States

When contacting customer support, they are clueless regarding this issue., no knowledge this "beta" firmware exists. They will recommend you send in your P4P for service, AFTER updating to the latest firmware for  AC and RC.  I'm thinking a factory restore is the way I'm going, bypassing this "beta" update. They claim this issue is caused by hard landings, leaving the gimbal on when flying or accidentally handling the gimbal during boot process. (or allowing the gimbal to hang up on grass during the boot process).  None of which has happened to my P4P.
2017-9-18
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.2
United States

ArtSez Posted at 2017-9-18 11:35
When contacting customer support, they are clueless regarding this issue., no knowledge this "beta" firmware exists. They will recommend you send in your P4P for service, AFTER updating to the latest firmware for  AC and RC.  I'm thinking a factory restore is the way I'm going, bypassing this "beta" update. They claim this issue is caused by hard landings, leaving the gimbal on when flying or accidentally handling the gimbal during boot process. (or allowing the gimbal to hang up on grass during the boot process).  None of which has happened to my P4P.

Agreed clueless and a waist of time. I will again say the factory reset worked for me.
2017-9-18
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.2
United States

ArtSez Posted at 2017-9-18 10:06
Gus, any reply back whether we should apply the firmware update or just restore all software? It sounds to me like a clean restore would be the best solution rather than a patch that may create other issues. But the restore will wipe out all stored settings meaning we need to start over, etc. no?

No reply at all.... and I sent several PM. It makes me wonder why?
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Super Gus Posted at 2017-9-18 04:31

If everything goes back to live, you can decide whether you want to update. We don't have the news about the harm to the drone only the performance at the moment. Thanks for your attention.
2017-9-19
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-19 04:59
If everything goes back to live, you can decide whether you want to update. We don't have the news about the harmful to the drone only the performance at the moment. Thanks for your attention.

Thank you for the kind reply. Please keep us posted regarding the update and potential for damage caused.
2017-9-19
Use props
daylanwhitney
New
Flight distance : 108 ft

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-19 04:59
If everything goes back to live, you can decide whether you want to update. We don't have the news about the harmful to the drone only the performance at the moment. Thanks for your attention.

Hi Thor,

I would appreciate the beta release as well since i am experiencing these issues.

My account email is daylan@sentryinspecting.com
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

daylanwhitney Posted at 2017-9-19 08:45
Hi Thor,

I would appreciate the beta release as well since i am experiencing these issues.

Roger that, please check your account later.
2017-9-19
Use props
Mike5939
New
Flight distance : 6496 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 21:31
Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

Dear DJI Thor

Glad to find this post.  I am having exactly the same noise and calibration freeze problems that are described here.  New DJI Phantom 4 Pro + and it all began with updating the software.

May I please receive the beta firmware update

Thanks

Mike
2017-9-21
Use props
CloserWheel93
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Please send me the beta firmware at joshdancu@gmail.com. I have a shoot tomorrow and desperately need to fix this ASAP. Thank you.
2017-9-21
Use props
djiuser_p4a6UmB
New
United States

Hi Thor,

My account email is ricky@vicspainting.com
2017-9-21
Use props
philthach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6332 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-19 23:59
Roger that, please check your account later.

Hi Thor, I'm having these same issues,  buzzing and the gimball calibration never passes 50%.  My gimball needs a calibration very badly, it does not point straight ahead. Can you push this beta to my account please. Thank you very much.  
2017-9-22
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-30 18:58
I had informed our engineers to release the beta firmware to your account.
Please connect your drone and mobile device, launch DJI GO 4 app with the account you provide logged in, connect to the internet to get the push notifications later.

Aloha DJI Thor,
I hate to be a bother, but I'm afraid the BETA software to correct the humming, super hot gimbal with calibration freeze at 50% has NOT been pushed to my account. I have checked many times and upgraded DJI Assistant to t 1.1.6 and done multiple factory resets arc iand the only version of software listed is V0.04.0602.  I've asked now several times, please confirm the update has been shared with pinpointmapping@gmail.com
I appreciate your response.
Aaron
2017-9-22
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-30 18:58
I had informed our engineers to release the beta firmware to your account.
Please connect your drone and mobile device, launch DJI GO 4 app with the account you provide logged in, connect to the internet to get the push notifications later.

Aloha DJI Thor,
I hate to be a bother, but I'm afraid the BETA software to correct the humming, super hot gimbal with calibration freeze at 50% has NOT been pushed to my account. I have checked many times and upgraded DJI Assistant to t 1.1.6 and done multiple factory resets arc iand the only version of software listed is V0.04.0602.  I've asked now several times, please confirm the update has been shared with pinpointmapping@gmail.com
Aaron
2017-9-22
Use props
Mike5939
New
Flight distance : 6496 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 21:31
Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

HI Thor

I think I may need to give you my email to obtain the beta release?  It is revdrmike@gmail.com

I have not yet seen an update in the DJI Assistant...

Appreciate your help,

Mike
2017-9-22
Use props
philsjh
New
Flight distance : 251690 ft
United Kingdom

I've got the same issue :/ scared the hell out of me!

Could I get access to the BETA?

phil@volumedia.co.uk

Many thanks
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, email accounts provided above should receive the beta now. Please connect to the internet and enter to the app or DJI Assistant 2 to access it. Let me know if you haven't received it. Thank you.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philthach Posted at 2017-9-22 08:39
Hi Thor, I'm having these same issues,  buzzing and the gimball calibration never passes 50%.  My gimball needs a calibration very badly, it does not point straight ahead. Can you push this beta to my account please. Thank you very much.

Sure, please leave me your DJI email account so I can push the beta, thank you.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philthach Posted at 2017-9-22 08:39

Sure, please leave me your DJI email account so I can push the beta, thank you.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-9-22 19:31
Aloha DJI Thor,

It should have been available to your account, please check again. If you still haven't received, would you mind registering another DJI account just for accessing the beta?
2017-9-27
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

HI Thor

I think I may need to give you my email to obtain the beta release?  It is my account: boroczki@boglarnet.hu

I have not yet seen an update in the DJI Assistant...

Appreciate your help,
Bulcsú
2017-9-27
Use props
Motion Creative
New
Indonesia

Hi THOR, can you send me the beta version? I have same problem. My email is hasanmadani404@gmail.com
2017-9-27
Use props
fans4710392c
New

Norway

Same issue with my New drone
2017-9-27
Use props
fans4710392c
New

Norway

Vfroysaa@hotmail.com
2017-9-27
Use props
Lexi_Micaela
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-27 01:19
Hi all, email accounts provided above should receive the beta now. Please connect to the internet and enter to the app or DJI Assistant 2 to access it. Let me know if you haven't received it. Thank you.

Hello, same exact issue. I have a phantom 4 pro. Email is aalonso11@att.net thank you!!
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, accounts provided above should receive the beta now. Please connect to the internet and enter to the app or DJI Assistant 2 to access it. Let me know if you haven't received it. Thank you.
2017-9-27
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

Thanks Thor! Working!
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bulcsú Posted at 2017-9-27 22:33
Thanks Thor! Working!

Glad to know, you are welcome. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-9-28
Use props
fans5619ef05
lvl.1
France

I am experiencing the same issue as described in this thread.  Can you please push the beta firmware to my account:
leoleibo@hotmail.com
thanks
2017-9-29
Use props
PMC_UAVO
New
Poland

Same issue with my drone. My account email is piotr.m.chrzanowski@gmail.com

Thanks a lot.

2017-9-29
Use props
movinkel
New
Norway

Hi Thor!

Having the same issues here. Both IMU and gimbal calibration freezes. Tried to reset factory settings, but without luck.

Would appreciate it if you could push beta to me at eirik.movinkel@gmail.com

Thanks!

2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules