Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kendall Paul Re
New

United States

DJI Thor,

I'm having the same gimbal noise issue as others on this thread.  Could you please add me to the beta firmware list as well?

kendallrebusmen@gmail.com

Thank you!
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-10-29 05:25
I had that same problem after the last firmware update.  I shut everything down and recalibrate it, and it went away.  Weird.

No problem. If the issue doesn't appear again, then it would be coincidental. Let me know if there is a need.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sean7an Posted at 2017-10-29 08:33
Updated and calibration was successful! Huge relief. Thanks!

So you'd got the beta already and all is working now, right? Good to hear!
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kendall Paul Re Posted at 2017-10-29 17:52
DJI Thor,

I'm having the same gimbal noise issue as others on this thread.  Could you please add me to the beta firmware list as well?

Yes, the beta is available to your account now, please check and update it.
2017-10-29
Use props
fansf3ba005b
New
Chile

Hi  dji thor  I having the same gimbal noise problem as others on this thread.  Could you please add me to the beta firmware list as well?
alfredo@escobarphoto.com   thanks!!
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansf3ba005b Posted at 2017-10-30 09:54
Hi  dji thor  I having the same gimbal noise problem as others on this thread.  Could you please add me to the beta firmware list as well?
   thanks!!

Copy that, added it to your account, please upgrade it.
2017-10-30
Use props
JAPS SINGH
New
Flight distance : 120289 ft
India

HI DJI ADMIN,

I am facing similar sort of issue in my drone P4P, It is this high pitch noise that goes on and off regularly and when it is on, it does bring in very slight vibration as well, like the gimbal is constantly trying to set itself back in center. the vibration is not visible to eyes when looking at the gimbal but can be seen in the output video. Do you think the beta version will help me solve the problem for me as well? if yes kindly send me a beta upgrade to my account: jaipalchaaran@gmail.com
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JAPS SINGH Posted at 2017-11-1 01:03
HI DJI ADMIN,

I am facing similar sort of issue in my drone P4P, It is this high pitch noise that goes on and off regularly and when it is on, it does bring in very slight vibration as well, like the gimbal is constantly trying to set itself back in center. the vibration is not visible to eyes when looking at the gimbal but can be seen in the output video. Do you think the beta version will help me solve the problem for me as well? if yes kindly send me a beta upgrade to my account:

Hi, the beta is available to your account now, you can try to see if it helps.
2017-11-1
Use props
JAPS SINGH
New
Flight distance : 120289 ft
India

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 01:06
Hi, the beta is available to your account now, you can try to see if it helps.

Thanks a lot, Admin, as of now it seems like it worked pretty well. at least the issue is gone, for now, keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JAPS SINGH Posted at 2017-11-1 23:03
Thanks a lot, Admin, as of now it seems like it worked pretty well. at least the issue is gone, for now, keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

You are welcome, bro, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-11-2
Use props
Little flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1565719 ft
Nepal

fans80c231ea Posted at 2017-6-14 04:19
UPDATE: Chatted with DJI support last night and was recommended i reset drone via assistance app on PC, along with controller. Completed reset for both drone and controller. Installed latest firmware and tried to calibrate gimbal, same buzz sound. I will add that i can slightly touch the gimbal with tip of finger and the buzz sound goes away. Almost as if there are parts that are loose causing the vibration/buzz sound. DJI said if issue was still there after resetting drone i would have to send to DJI. My drone has not even seen the daylight outside and I'm having this issue. If anyone has had this issue please share your fix/outcome. I read in prev posts that downgrading firmware might help but i don't think that is a solution for me since it appears to be a gimbal/motor issue. Again, i can touch the gimbal and the buzz sound stops.

had same issue turns out my sensor and cable had some problem had to change it and its working fine now.  My other drone had to go to dji service center and got it fixed.
2017-11-2
Use props
miguelronn
New

Spain

Hi, I have the same issue, can you please send me the beta?

miguel.ronn.gutierrez@gmail.com

Thank you
2017-11-2
Use props
fans9274d1f0
New
United States

Hi have the same issue ,can you please send me the beta

Bpd265@aim.com

2017-11-2
Use props
Ronliu
New

United States

fans9274d1f0 Posted at 2017-11-2 13:35

Bpd265@aim.com

Hi,

I got the same problem. Can you please push the patch to my account ( ronliu@sbcglobal.net )?

Thanks,
Ron
2017-11-2
Use props
Ronliu
New

United States

NECyclone Posted at 2017-7-27 20:58
Phantom 4 Pro

Thanks Thor

Phantom 4 pro plus
2017-11-2
Use props
Ronliu
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-2 00:58
You are welcome, bro, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.

Hi Thor,

It was the first time I used this forum and replied to the wrong messages.

My drone has the same problem as described in this thread. Can you please push the beta FW to my account? My drone is Phantom 4 pro+. My account is ronliu@sbcglobal.net .

Thanks,
Ron
2017-11-2
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi Thor,
May I have the Beta Firmware in my account? My account is as follows: roberto.smera@gmail.com
Best Regards,
Roberto Smera
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

miguelronn Posted at 2017-11-2 09:10
Hi, I have the same issue, can you please send me the beta?

Well received. I'll help you get the beta, please check it in the next working hour.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans9274d1f0 Posted at 2017-11-2 13:35

Bpd265@aim.com

Received with thanks! Please try to refresh the firmware when you received it.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ronliu Posted at 2017-11-2 20:44
Hi Thor,

It was the first time I used this forum and replied to the wrong messages.

Copy that. You will be added in the list. Feel free to contact us if you have any issue in the future.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ROBERTO SMERA Posted at 2017-11-3 03:14
Hi Thor,
May I have the Beta Firmware in my account? My account is as follows:
Best Regards,

Roberto, thanks for connecting us. You message has been received, please have a try later.
2017-11-3
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-3 03:21
Roberto, thanks for connecting us. You message has been received, please have a try later.

Thank you Susan
2017-11-3
Use props
miguelronn
New

Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-3 03:18
Well received. I'll help you get the beta, please check it in the next working hour.

Great! The beta fixed the noise and the vibration!! Thank you so much
2017-11-3
Use props
Fordflyer
New

Finland

Hi, i have the same issue ,can you please send me the beta? I have P4P

My account is sierra_team@hotmail.com

Thanks
2017-11-3
Use props
RodgertheDodger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93150 ft
United Kingdom

RodgertheDodger Posted at 2017-10-29 03:39
Hi Thor
I would appreciate it if you could push the beta firmware to my account at . I have the gimbal noise issue and gets stuck at 50% calibrating since upgrading to the latest released firmware on my p4p+.
Thanks in anticipation for your help

Dji thor
Updated to the beta firmware. No gimbal noise. Imu, gimbal and compass calibrations all completed succesfully. Short test flight all seems ok.
Thanks gor your help.
Rodger
2017-11-3
Use props
TToere
New
French Polynesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-30 04:19
Hi all, the beta is available for accounts provided above, please check, let me know if you haven't received it. Thank you.

Please send me the link too, same issue thank you - ttoere@gmail.com
2017-11-3
Use props
OP
lvl.1
Iceland

Hi I'm having the same issue, could I have the link please? P4P [url=mailtoskar@yodafilm.com]oskar@yodafilm.com[/url]
2017-11-3
Use props
Geca
New
Flight distance : 40328 ft
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 21:31
Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

gastoncacheffo@gmail.com

Looking for the beta firmware (Phantom 4 Pro)
2017-11-3
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

What is the version number of latest BETA firmware? For P4P
2017-11-3
Use props
Fastdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41896 ft
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-18 22:40
Copy that, the beta is available to your account now, please check and update it. Thanks.

Hi Thor. Thank you to include the beta in my account. It worked well and stop the noise.

BUT for now the RC updated and shows the message " Aircraft disconnected" Red Button on the Remote Control. How Can I downgrade the version of the Remote Control?
2017-11-4
Use props
paradigmcmi
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-18 22:42
Accounts provided above should have received the beta, please check and update either via DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

Thor,

Can you please add my account to the beta? Thanks much!
2017-11-4
Use props
TToere
New
French Polynesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-29 22:50
No problem. If the issue doesn't appear again, then it would be coincidental. Let me know if there is a need.

Hi Thor, can you provide me the beta firmwire please ? I have the same problem with my phantom 4 pro. thank you for your help : ttoere@gmail.com
2017-11-5
Use props
dirdd
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I am having the same issue with Phantom 4 Pro, can you please provide the beta to don@d-f.co as well?

Thank you!
2017-11-5
Use props
Ronliu
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-3 03:20
Copy that. You will be added in the list. Feel free to contact us if you have any issue in the future.

Hi Susan,

I applied the beta firmware that was pushed to my account. The problem has been fixed.

Thanks,
Ron
2017-11-5
Use props
cmaglio
New
Flight distance : 405266 ft
United States

I just purchased a P4 pro and it has the same issue right out of the box, the gimbal buzzes and freezes at 50% calibration. The horizon is always skewed during flight and the camera is frequently facing a few degrees off center from the direction you are flying. I have a couple of questions:

1. Why is this “beta” that fixes this issue in beta for 4 months when this seems to be a widespread issue? Shouldn’t this be something that is released to prevent new owners like me from experiencing it right out of the box?
2. Will this “beta” fix my horizon and off-center camera/gimbal issues?

I am getting less than 1 mile range before reception cuts out and RTH occurs on an advertised 4+ mile range. I am starting to think I should return this to the retailer before 30 days is up... i have never had something so expensive and brand new with so many issues. Makes me feel quite uneasy about the purchase. Maybe I should try the beta first depending on your answer to #1and #2 above...
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

miguelronn Posted at 2017-11-3 05:33
Great! The beta fixed the noise and the vibration!! Thank you so much

You are welcome! Wish you have a great time on flying the drone.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fordflyer Posted at 2017-11-3 06:45
Hi, i have the same issue ,can you please send me the beta? I have P4P

My account is

I have copied your DJI Account and have added you in.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TToere Posted at 2017-11-3 09:19
Please send me the link too, same issue  thank you -

Sorry for the late response first. The beta is available in your account now, please have a try.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

OP Posted at 2017-11-3 10:02
Hi I'm having the same issue, could I have the link please? P4P oskar@yodafilm.com

Just a reminder, the beta is available in your account, please try to refresh.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fastdrone Posted at 2017-11-4 02:34
Hi Thor. Thank you to include the beta in my account. It worked well and stop the noise.

BUT for now the RC updated and shows the message " Aircraft disconnected" Red Button on the Remote Control. How Can I downgrade the version of the Remote Control?

What's the current version of your RC? I would recommend you to link RC and confirm.
2017-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules