Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kx9ukfi
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 21:31
Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

Thor, I too an experiencing this gimbal buzz when my P4P + is setting still. I just updated to the latest firmware as recommended to see if it would allow my to use the head tracking on my new DJI goggles. Not sure what to do I want the gimbal noise to stop but also want to use head tracking in the goggles. Also when flying anything bright colored (the sun, silver metal building etc) shows on my monitors as white and black stripped lines, why is that? when playing back the video on my IMAC the lines don't appear in the recording only on the controller screen. Please Help. Note: my Gimbal calabration also freezes at 50%.
2017-11-19
Use props
djiuser_kx9ukfi
lvl.1
United States

Me too, Thanks.

pppellicano777@gmail.com
2017-11-19
Use props
Merk
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Thor,

I'm having the same issue. Can you give me access to the beta FW? I sent you a PM.
2017-11-19
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-19 03:12
Hi all, the beta is now available to accounts provided above, please check and let me know if you haven't received it. Thanks a lot.

Thor,
The beta firmware will not update the p4p. DJI assistant 2 says it's updating, but the progress bar stays at 0%. Tried the beta downgrade and the same result. Tried resetting to factory defaults then the firmware. Same result, will not go past 0%. What's the fix?

timsouder@gmail.com
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Merk Posted at 2017-11-19 14:37
Hi Thor,

I'm having the same issue. Can you give me access to the beta FW? I sent you a PM.

Hi, the firmware is available to your account now, please check.
2017-11-20
Use props
foxyloxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1759 ft
Australia

DJI Thor
same problem here, I think its redic that u guys haven't released an update to fix the problem and instead I have to ask you to send beta, anyway
mac@macloxton.com.au
thanks
2017-11-20
Use props
foxyloxy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 03:36
Hi, the firmware is available to your account now, please check.

DJI Thor
same problem here, I think its redic that u guys haven't released an update to fix the problem and instead I have to ask you to send beta, anyway
mac@macloxton.com.au
thanks
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_kx9ukfi Posted at 2017-11-19 10:13
Thor, I too an experiencing this gimbal buzz when my P4P + is setting still. I just updated to the latest firmware as recommended to see if it would allow my to use the head tracking on my new DJI goggles. Not sure what to do I want the gimbal noise to stop but also want to use head tracking in the goggles. Also when flying anything bright colored (the sun, silver metal building etc) shows on my monitors as white and black stripped lines, why is that? when playing back the video on my IMAC the lines don't appear in the recording only on the controller screen. Please Help. Note: my Gimbal calabration also freezes at 50%.

Hi, the beta is now available to your account, and for the black and white line, it sounds like the over-exposure warning, you can try to disable it on the app.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sky Visions Posted at 2017-11-19 17:38
Thor,
The beta firmware will not update the p4p. DJI assistant 2 says it's updating, but the progress bar stays at 0%. Tried the beta downgrade and the same result. Tried resetting to factory defaults then the firmware. Same result, will not go past 0%. What's the fix?

Is there an error code on the DJI Assistant 2? Or it just stays at 0%? Please try to reinstall the Assitant 2 and upgrade again. And you can also check if you can access the beta on the DJI GO app.
2017-11-20
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 03:43
Is there an error code on the DJI Assistant 2? Or it just stays at 0%? Please try to reinstall the Assitant 2 and upgrade again. And you can also check if you can access the beta on the DJI GO app.

It does not give any error code. I have downloaded and installed DJI Assistant on another computer and still it stays at 0%. I tried to refresh the current firmware and that stays at 0%. I turned off windows firewall and still get the same result except windows keeps telling me the firewall is off.
2017-11-20
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

Tried it on one of my older PC's and the firmware is updating now. All my PC's are running Windows 10
2017-11-20
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, the firmware fixed the issue. I did an online chat with DJI and they said they never heard of this problem. I sent him the link to the forum where everyone says they have this problem and his solution was for me to send the unit to DJI repair. WTF?
2017-11-20
Use props
Merk
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Thor,

I still can't find the beta FW in my DJI Assistant 2.
2017-11-20
Use props
droningaroundth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7344777 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 20:28
Thanks for the feedback, could you please provide us with a video about the case you mentioned if it is convenience? I would like to also send it to our engineers.

and the drone is a Phantom 4 Pro.
2017-11-20
Use props
Cristianh17
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104593 ft
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

I have the same problem as video and it started after the last official update. begins the vibrations and also to warm up.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi, accounts provided above should be able to access the beta now, please check can let me know if you couldn't find it.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Merk Posted at 2017-11-20 09:27
Hi Thor,

I still can't find the beta FW in my DJI Assistant 2.

Could you please send your account again? I would help to check, or you can register a new account just for accessing the beta.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sky Visions Posted at 2017-11-20 06:38
Thank you, the firmware fixed the issue. I did an online chat with DJI and they said they never heard of this problem. I sent him the link to the forum where everyone says they have this problem and his solution was for me to send the unit to DJI repair. WTF?

Good to hear that you had upgraded it in the end, and for the online chat, sorry for the misleading. I will forward this case to the designated team, they will help to train the support, it would be nice if you could provide me with your email account that you used for contacting the support. And also, thank you for your feedback.
2017-11-20
Use props
droningaroundth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7344777 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 21:14
Hi, accounts provided above should be able to access the beta now, please check can let me know if you couldn't find it.

Thank you so much! No noise anymore, calibration run perfectly. End of a long nightmare!

I hope the gimbal will not shake anymore like in my last 2 flights... I will give a try later this week.

Kind regards, Rodrigo
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

droningaroundth Posted at 2017-11-20 22:57
Thank you so much! No noise anymore, calibration run perfectly. End of a long nightmare!

I hope the gimbal will not shake anymore like in my last 2 flights... I will give a try later this week.

Thank you for your feedback, it's my pleasure for help. And please test and see if there is any other issue. Looking forward to your result.
2017-11-21
Use props
foxyloxy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 21:14

could you please check you sent to my account, because I did firmware update with DJI Assistant 2 and I am still having the same problem. thanks
mac@macloxton.com.au
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

foxyloxy Posted at 2017-11-21 01:51
could you please check you sent to my account, because I did firmware update with DJI Assistant 2 and I am still having the same problem. thanks

Hi, the beta was sent again, please check if you could access it now.
2017-11-21
Use props
Merk
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 21:16
Could you please send your account again? I would help to check, or you can register a new account just for accessing the beta.

My account is evconnect@web.de and the drone is a P4 Advanced.

2017-11-21
Use props
foxyloxy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 03:45

worked thanks, still very disappointed with DJI to not have this released for everyone, I feel like this shouldn't have happened like this!
2017-11-21
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 21:20
Good to hear that you had upgraded it in the end, and for the online chat, sorry for the misleading. I will forward this case to the designated team, they will help to train the support, it would be nice if you could provide me with your email account that you used for contacting the support. And also, thank you for your feedback.

After signing in on the DJI site with timsouder@gmail.com, I went to "contact us" and did the online chat. I have called in as well and they all seem to have only one solution; "send the unit in".
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI User682
New
Flight distance : 27464 ft
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 03:45

Hi, could you send the beta version to my account?
Thanks for your support.
wilquerson@gmail.com
2017-11-21
Use props
Fireman77
Flight distance : 39196 ft
Peru

Fireman77 Posted at 2017-11-18 16:16
I got exactly the same problem, p4p+ noisy and the gimbal vibrates a lot and is noisy also, please send me the firmware to fix this. To milton.perez.al@gmail.com

I'm really upset, I still have the problem, my p4p+ was not like that, since I updated the firmware, the vibration and heating problems started, now I'm afraid of flying the drone, updated to the beta version and every time I tilt, the gimbal vibrates and is heat like hell, I bet that the result will be a mess. DJI, you should be more serious with your customers, I have invested almost 2000 dollars in this kit and I have problems, micro vibrations before and now this, so annoying, this is lack of consideration to us and please dont tell me "send the unit" cause i live in Peru, South America.
2017-11-21
Use props
Fireman77
Flight distance : 39196 ft
Peru

I'm really upset, I still have the problem, my p4p+ was not like that, since I updated the firmware, the vibration and heating problems started, now I'm afraid of flying the drone, updated to the beta version and every time I tilt, the gimbal vibrates and is heat like hell, I bet that the video result will be a mess. DJI, you should be more serious with your customers, I have invested almost 2000 dollars in this kit and I have problems, micro vibrations before and now this, so annoying, this is lack of consideration to us and please dont tell me "send the unit" cause i live in Peru, South America.  DJI Thor and Susan, i need help asap please, i have job to do.
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa14b324e
lvl.1
United States

Hey there - I’m having a similar issue with brand new p4 advanced +. Gimbal calibration stuck at 50% and some gimbal wobble when hovering (less noticeable when moving). Could the beta be pushed to my account? jonathansteingard@gmail.com.

Will it appear as an available update on my controller? Or do I need to get dji assistant app? I’m not familiar with that app.

Thanks again for the support!
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Merk Posted at 2017-11-21 04:23
My account is  and the drone is a P4 Advanced.

Hi, I had pushed the beta again, please log in this account to your DJI Assistant 2, connect the drone to the PC, and try again.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

foxyloxy Posted at 2017-11-21 06:14
worked thanks, still very disappointed with DJI to not have this released for everyone, I feel like this shouldn't have happened like this!

Sir, sorry for the difficulty, but the beta has yet to release to the public. And glad that you have got it resorted now. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, accounts provided above should have received the beta. Please check and let me know if you have any questions.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansa14b324e Posted at 2017-11-21 22:40
Hey there - I’m having a similar issue with brand new p4 advanced +. Gimbal calibration stuck at 50% and some gimbal wobble when hovering (less noticeable when moving). Could the beta be pushed to my account? jonathansteingard@gmail.com.

Will it appear as an available update on my controller? Or do I need to get dji assistant app? I’m not familiar with that app.

Hi, when you log in the same account on the RC's screen, the beta should exist. If you have a PC with you, you can also update it via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sky Visions Posted at 2017-11-21 06:22
After signing in on the DJI site with , I went to "contact us" and did the online chat. I have called in as well and they all seem to have only one solution; "send the unit in".

Noted with thanks, will forward it to the appropriate team and train the supports. Regretful again for the misleading.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fireman77 Posted at 2017-11-21 22:18
I'm really upset, I still have the problem, my p4p+ was not like that, since I updated the firmware, the vibration and heating problems started, now I'm afraid of flying the drone, updated to the beta version and every time I tilt, the gimbal vibrates and is heat like hell, I bet that the video result will be a mess. DJI, you should be more serious with your customers, I have invested almost 2000 dollars in this kit and I have problems, micro vibrations before and now this, so annoying, this is lack of consideration to us and please dont tell me "send the unit" cause i live in Peru, South America.  DJI Thor and Susan, i need help asap please, i have job to do.

Could you please provide me with a video of the status of your drone? And is there a hard landing or crash to the drone before? BTW, please also make a screenshot of the version info on the app, here is the route: power on the drone, RC and app, enter device, general settings, about. Looking forward to your update.
2017-11-22
Use props
Merk
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-22 01:49
Hi, I had pushed the beta again, please log in this account to your DJI Assistant 2, connect the drone to the PC, and try again.

Hi, the beta update worked and the calibration of the gimbal completed without buzzing sounds. But the gimbal is not centered correctly. It's slightly off to the left. The gimbal tries to center, but then turns slowly to the left. It's my first drone and brandnew so I don't really know what to do. Any ideas? I did the calibration multiple times, same result.
2017-11-22
Use props
Merk
lvl.1
Germany

Nevermind. I found a thread regarding this problem and I fixed it. It seems all fine now.

Thank You for your help.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Merk Posted at 2017-11-22 03:09
Nevermind. I found a thread regarding this problem and I fixed it. It seems all fine now.

Thank You for your help.

No problem, it is just a matter of special gimbal calibration position. Happy flying.
2017-11-22
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Merk Posted at 2017-11-22 03:09

Thank You for your help.

A good practice is to post the solution or a link to it for the next with the issue to find.

Have fun. ;-)
2017-11-22
Use props
Wilquerson
New
Flight distance : 27464 ft
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-22 01:59
Hi all, accounts provided above should have received the beta. Please check and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks a lot.
I received beta version and the calibration was finished.
Good work.
2017-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules