Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DETdrone83
New

France

DETdrone83 Posted at 2017-12-16 22:58
Hi DjiThor, I received the Beta xxxx.608 and install, but now, my P4 is freezing at 6%.
Thanks for your help.

Sorry, it's Ok for the calibration after 3 restart calibration...
Now, i'm hearing a Noisy motors sound when camera is full down.

2017-12-16
Use props
djiuser_OwAf2gO
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 05:09
You are welcome. Please let me know if all is working after updating the beta. Thank you.

Hello!

I installed firmware you sent me, and gimball noise is now gone! Also updated controller software and everything now works perfectly fine! Thank you, please dont let the firmware developers release such firmware again))))
And thank you for your help!!!
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

barriosn1 Posted at 2017-12-16 19:59
Hello Dji Thor,
Can you please send me the beta fimrware as well ?
My drone is a Phantom 4 PRO Plus.

Hi Barriosn1, the beta is now available to your account, please check and update it. See if it helps.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DETdrone83 Posted at 2017-12-16 23:34
Sorry, it's Ok for the calibration after 3 restart calibration...
Now, i'm hearing a Noisy motors sound when camera is full down.

Hi sir, it is normal if there is a noise when the gimbal goes to its limit. But if it is possible, would you please provide me with a video so I can help to check first? Thank you.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_OwAf2gO Posted at 2017-12-17 12:01
Hello!

I installed firmware you sent me, and gimball noise is now gone! Also updated controller software and everything now works perfectly fine! Thank you, please dont let the firmware developers release such firmware again))))

Sir, thank you for your feedback and glad to hear that it worked now. Really sorry for the inconvenience and will transfer your concern to our engineers. Thank you.
2017-12-17
Use props
uiane
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-11 20:38
Glad to hear that the beta is working. For the HDMI on the RC, don't be worried, it wouldn't affect it. Let me know if there is any issue. Thank you.

Made a first fly yesterday after the firmware update, had multiple problems.

Gimbal loosing horizontal position randomly during flight.
Seeing the Drone Left landing gear randomly as i changed settings (shutter, iso, aperture).
Constant "Strong Interference Detected" warning.

I'm going to make a second test flight in a place that I've flown a few more times than this one, So i know how it should behave.
2017-12-18
Use props
jeffreybldg28
New
United States

Hello! Having gimbal noise .  Can you pease send beta to jeffrey@bldg28.com?  Phantom 4 Pro

Thank you!
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

uiane Posted at 2017-12-18 05:03
Made a first fly yesterday after the firmware update, had multiple problems.

Gimbal loosing horizontal position randomly during flight.

Hi Uiane, for the gimbal issue, please try the steps below and see if it helps:
1. Power off the drone, try to push it in the opposite direction to the limit for several times and check again.
2. If it doesn't help, please try to calibrate the gimbal as the picture shows below.
For Strong interference, please first try to fly in another place, and check the HD settings on the app, choose a channel with less interference,
See if they work. Looking forward to your feedback. gimbal cali.png
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jeffreybldg28 Posted at 2017-12-18 11:54
Hello! Having gimbal noise .  Can you pease send beta to jeffrey@bldg28.com?  Phantom 4 Pro

Thank you!

Hi sir, the beta is now available to your account, please check and update it, thanks.
2017-12-18
Use props
barriosn1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48156 ft
United States

I installed firmware you sent me, and Gimbal noise is now gone!  Thank you, I'm going to test flight
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

barriosn1 Posted at 2017-12-18 21:15
I installed firmware you sent me, and Gimbal noise is now gone!  Thank you, I'm going to test flight

You are welcome, hope all is working then! Have a nice time.
2017-12-19
Use props
w0lfy_
lvl.1
Romania

w0lfy_ Posted at 2017-11-27 09:40
To be honest, I was hoping to avoid this, but it looks like there is no way around it. I will return and let you know the result.

Also, I would like to thank DJI Susan and DJI Thor for the help. They do a great job trying to help everyone.

To give more of a happy vibe to this thread, for me, there was a nice holidays surprise, as my local DJI dealer agreed to replace my damaged drone with a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian that, at a first glance (I did no firmware updates yet), has no gimbal problems.
2017-12-19
Use props
etmP4P
New
Spain

Hello!
I have the same problem in my Phantom 4 Pro. Specifically, vibrations and failed calibrations.

Could you give me access to the beta version?

My address is: josemanueletm@gmail.com

Regards, and thank you very much!
2017-12-20
Use props
Frogman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108970 ft
United States

My gimbal calibration is still getting stuck at 50% even after the beta firmware update. Any ideas?
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

etmP4P Posted at 2017-12-20 09:20
Hello!
I have the same problem in my Phantom 4 Pro. Specifically, vibrations and failed calibrations.

Hi there, I had sent you the beta firmware, please check and update it. Thanks.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Frogman Posted at 2017-12-20 14:58
My gimbal calibration is still getting stuck at 50% even after the beta firmware update. Any ideas?

Hi Frogman, please try to restart the drone and calibrate it again. If it doesn't help, try to use DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the beta. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-12-22
Use props
fans51f43f7a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10797 ft
Netherlands

I am having the same problem with my P4A. My account is mario@mariotoscani.com, can you please give me acces to the beta software?
2017-12-22
Use props
JohnSchaub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 780778 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same problem with my P4P+. My account is 4JohnSchaub@gmail.com. Please give me access to the beta software. Thank you.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans51f43f7a Posted at 2017-12-22 10:11
I am having the same problem with my P4A. My account is , can you please give me acces to the beta software?

Hi there, I had sent you the beta firmware, please check and update it. Thanks.
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JohnSchaub Posted at 2017-12-22 21:43
I am having the same problem with my P4P+. My account is . Please give me access to the beta software. Thank you.

Hi John, I had forwarded you the beta firmware, please check and update it. Let me know if you haven't received it, thanks.
2017-12-23
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-23 04:09
Hi John, I had forwarded you the beta firmware, please check and update it. Let me know if you haven't received it, thanks.

Hello. I already bought Phantom 4 pro today. Got latest firmware beta? I just worry if offical firmware not working well so i need "firmware beta" for my back up first. I PM u my email.
2017-12-23
Use props
Avalon52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45509 ft
United States

I'm having same issue: dhere38@gmail.com
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-12-23 06:02
Hello. I already bought Phantom 4 pro today. Got latest firmware beta? I just worry if offical firmware not working well so i need "firmware beta" for my back up first. I PM u my email.

Congrats! For the beta, you only need it when there is an issue for calibrating the gimbal or when there is a gimbal noise. If you don't have this issue, you don't need this. But I will respect your concern, will forward the beta to you. Merry Christmas!
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Avalon, beta forwarded, please check your account and update the firmware. Thanks.
2017-12-25
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-25 00:48
Congrats! For the beta, you only need it when there is an issue for calibrating the gimbal or when there is a gimbal noise. If you don't have this issue, you don't need this. But I will respect your concern, will forward the beta to you. Merry Christmas!

Haha. Thank you alot. DJI THOR!!! I Love phantom 4 pro because have 4k 60fps and obstacles full protect. 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz. Support DJI forever.
2017-12-25
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-25 00:48
Congrats! For the beta, you only need it when there is an issue for calibrating the gimbal or when there is a gimbal noise. If you don't have this issue, you don't need this. But I will respect your concern, will forward the beta to you. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you. Support DJI THOR!!!
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-12-25 01:03
Haha. Thank you alot. DJI THOR!!! I Love phantom 4 pro because have 4k 60fps and obstacles full protect. 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz. Support DJI forever.

Thank you for your support of our product. Have a nice time on flying and happy holiday.
2017-12-25
Use props
BrianMNY
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Hello Thor,

Just received the P4P for Christmas and have only take one short flight.  The aircraft gimbal is vibrating when leaned to the right and also sometimes just sitting level on the table.  The gimbal seems to get quite hot as well.  Reading these forums there appears to be a firmware upgrade to fix this issue.  I have calibrated both IMU and Gimbal successful but has not changed the problem.  bmicari@gmail.com is my e-mail address
2017-12-26
Use props
Ironman2017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568153 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-29 03:30
Roger that, I need to forward it to our engineer to confirm again. Will get back to you when I hear from them.

Hi Thor,

today I have the latest firmware 01.05.0300 installed on my P4P. The loud noises and vibrations on the gimbal did not improve and the gimbal is now slightly to the right. Have already installed the firmware again and repeatedly calibrated IMU and Gimbal without improvement. Have a video and pictures of it made.

Best regards

2017-12-26
Use props
fans2bc2dbed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194186 ft
Portugal

Hello,

I was having problems with gimbal after testing a 1 month old P4P Obsidian with Dji Goggles RE, received today.
When taking a photo the gimball would immediately move left (35-40º) and slowly return to centre (took about 60 sec.).
A tried to calibrate the gimbal but it would get stuck at 50%. Next stop was to see if there was a firmware update and on Xmas day, Dji launched an update (1.5.0300) which i thought would fix the gimbal calibration issue, but no luck.
I did manage to do a full sucessful calibration after seeing post #808 where the drone is with the camera facing upwards. After that I did an IMU calibration and now I can do a full 'normal' gimbal calibration and the problem when taking photos is gone.

I'm wondering if the Dji Goggles mess up the settings/software/interaction with the drone firmware/software/settings. Something happened when testing the Googles because everything was working perfectely before.

All the best.

2017-12-26
Use props
MakerDude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1142533 ft
United States

DJI Thor,

I am experiencing the same buzzing gimbol and stuck calibration as many others in this thread. I tried calibrating with my P4P in the vertical position and was able to complete calibration but this did not fix the buzzing sound and unstable camera.  I have tried this with firmwares 1.04.0602 and 1.05.0300 with the same result.

Would you please give me access to the beta firmware? Thank you. My user email is "urbanace@gmail.com".  Thank you!
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ironman2017 Posted at 2017-12-26 10:46
Hi Thor,

today I have the latest firmware 01.05.0300 installed on my P4P. The loud noises and vibrations on the gimbal did not improve and the gimbal is now slightly to the right. Have already installed the firmware again and repeatedly calibrated IMU and Gimbal without improvement. Have a video and pictures of it made.

Sorry for your case, mate, previously, I forwarded your video to our engineers, and now I got the answer from them: Hello, it seems there is some mechanical issue with your gimbal, you can try tightening the screws if you get proper tools, but I recommend you to contact DJI service and send the drone back, we will help to take care of it. You can contact us on this page: http://www.dji.com/support.
For the Yaw issue, you can try to calibrate the gimbal via the steps that I mentioned on 808#. Hope it helps.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans2bc2dbed Posted at 2017-12-26 12:35
Hello,

I was having problems with gimbal after testing a 1 month old P4P Obsidian with Dji Goggles RE, received today.

Basically, DJI Goggles RE will use the settings of the drone itself, but if you had enabled Gimbal Tracking, the gimbal will trace the movement of the head. So please first help to confirm if you are in Head Tracking Gimbal mode and test again. Please keep us updated if the issue persists, a video of this case will be highly appreciated.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MakerDude Posted at 2017-12-26 18:59
DJI Thor,

I am experiencing the same buzzing gimbol and stuck calibration as many others in this thread. I tried calibrating with my P4P in the vertical position and was able to complete calibration but this did not fix the buzzing sound and unstable camera.  I have tried this with firmwares 1.04.0602 and 1.05.0300 with the same result.

Maker, so you had updated the latest firmware V 01.05.0300 but the issue still persists, right? Would you please provide me with a video of the gimbal noise? Coz the new firmware has optimized the gimbal issue, if it doesn't help, I am afraid that the beta will also not help. So we appreciate if you can provide me with a video so I can forward to our engineers to confirm. Thank you so much.
2017-12-27
Use props
MakerDude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1142533 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 01:40
Maker, so you had updated the latest firmware V 01.05.0300 but the issue still persists, right? Would you please provide me with a video of the gimbal noise? Coz the new firmware has optimized the gimbal issue, if it doesn't help, I am afraid that the beta will also not help. So we appreciate if you can provide me with a video so I can forward to our engineers to confirm. Thank you so much.

Yes, I am running 1.05.0300 and am still seeing the problem. I also tried downgrading and updating again.  Gimbal calibration will not complete unless I touch the camera to keep it steady when it sticks at 50%.  For this video my P4P was sitting on the floor with the props removed.

2017-12-27
Use props
fansa521334f
New
Flight distance : 100000 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 01:40

Hello! I'm having the exact same issue as everybody else regarding a gimbal noise and my P4P getting stuck at 50% calibration.. I've restarted it a bunch of different times.. I don't understand what is going on. Everybody seems to be getting some sort of Beta link from you? How do I go about installing all this and fixing the problem? My email is deanrcollins@yahoo.com   Looking froward to your response!
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansa521334f Posted at 2017-12-28 01:50
Hello! I'm having the exact same issue as everybody else regarding a gimbal noise and my P4P getting stuck at 50% calibration.. I've restarted it a bunch of different times.. I don't understand what is going on. Everybody seems to be getting some sort of Beta link from you? How do I go about installing all this and fixing the problem? My email is    Looking froward to your response!

Hi there, just to verify, had you updated the new V 01.05.0300 for your Phantom 4 Pro? If you haven't, please update to this version, the gimbal noise issue has been optimized. Thank you.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MakerDude Posted at 2017-12-27 15:57
Yes, I am running 1.05.0300 and am still seeing the problem. I also tried downgrading and updating again.  Gimbal calibration will not complete unless I touch the camera to keep it steady when it sticks at 50%.  For this video my P4P was sitting on the floor with the props removed.
https://youtu.be/wXbpiwsZymo

Thank you so much for providing me with the video, I will forward to our engineers to check, will get back to you once I hear from them.
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34055 ft
Australia

My phantom 4 advance is consistently doing this since the u update released on the 25th December. My drone is currently at the dji store to be sent off, I would love to avoid that if possible.
2017-12-28
Use props
fansa521334f
New
Flight distance : 100000 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-28 02:34
Hi there, just to verify, had you updated the new V 01.05.0300 for your Phantom 4 Pro? If you haven't, please update to this version, the gimbal noise issue has been optimized. Thank you.

Thank you!
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules