Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arararrr
New
Russia

Hello! I have a problem with autocalibration of my gimbal (P4A+), it freezes on 50% (latest firmware), and camera always looks a few degrees to the left (without noise). Can you help me?
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-28 02:57
My phantom 4 advance is consistently doing this since the u update released on the 25th December. My drone is currently at the dji store to be sent off, I would love to avoid that if possible.

Hi, please keep us updated when you receive the drone and let me know if you need to beta, thank you so much.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Arararrr Posted at 2017-12-28 04:21
Hello! I have a problem with autocalibration of my gimbal (P4A+), it freezes on 50% (latest firmware), and camera always looks a few degrees to the left (without noise). Can you help me?

Yes, of course. Could you please PM me with your DJI email account so I can forward you the beta? Thank you.
2017-12-29
Use props
BrianMNY
United States

Hello - I have a brand new drone that has this gimbal vibrating noise.  It is a more predominate when leaned to the right and also gets quite warm.  If there is still a beta version update could you please send it out?
Thank you
Brian
bmicari@gmail.com
2017-12-29
Use props
Rabbs355
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209806 ft
Australia

Hi, I’m having the same issue with my DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I just tried updating to the recent version released 25 dec, the gimbal makes the same noise when looking 90drg down, I downgraded the firmware back to the original installed and it is still doing it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated !
2017-12-31
Use props
Rabbs355
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209806 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 21:21
Just to verify, are you using Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 4 Adv? It has different beta FW.

HI, I have the phantom 4 pro and I tried updating to the recent dec 25th version and now the camera has the gimbal issue too? is there a quick fix for this? I tried reverting to the previous version but that didn't fix it. Seems it only happens when looking straight down but then the horizon messes up. I can calibrate it using the app but that doesnt stop the noise and vibrations

thanks.
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MakerDude Posted at 2017-12-27 15:57
Yes, I am running 1.05.0300 and am still seeing the problem. I also tried downgrading and updating again.  Gimbal calibration will not complete unless I touch the camera to keep it steady when it sticks at 50%.  For this video my P4P was sitting on the floor with the props removed.
https://youtu.be/wXbpiwsZymo

Hi mate, I got news from our engineers. Sorry to tell that you need to send it back. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BrianMNY Posted at 2017-12-29 05:41
Hello - I have a brand new drone that has this gimbal vibrating noise.  It is a more predominate when leaned to the right and also gets quite warm.  If there is still a beta version update could you please send it out?
Thank you
Brian

Hi Brian, sorry for the late reply, for the gimbal noise issue of Phantom 4 Pro, please update the firmware to the latest version, it has been optimized. And for the warm temperature of the gimbal, it is normal to get warm after powering it on.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Rabbs355 Posted at 2017-12-31 22:24
HI, I have the phantom 4 pro and I tried updating to the recent dec 25th version and now the camera has the gimbal issue too? is there a quick fix for this? I tried reverting to the previous version but that didn't fix it. Seems it only happens when looking straight down but then the horizon messes up. I can calibrate it using the app but that doesnt stop the noise and vibrations

thanks.

Hi Rabbs, could you please provide me with a video of this case? I would like to have a check first. Thank you so much.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2017-12-8 20:02
Ok, well, I appreciate your time you have dedicated my issue.

Can you advise on expected communication timeframe via the E.D.?

Hi there, I had updated your issue on your another post, please check. Thank you.
2018-1-1
Use props
MakerDude
First Officer
Flight distance : 1142533 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-1 19:12
Hi mate, I got news from our engineers. Sorry to tell that you need to send it back. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Thank you for your help, DJI Thor. It is shipping back for repair tomorrow morning.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MakerDude Posted at 2018-1-2 13:21
Thank you for your help, DJI Thor. It is shipping back for repair tomorrow morning.

Not at all. Sorry for not helping you much. Hope you can get the drone back to the air soon.
2018-1-3
Use props
BrianMNY
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-1 19:50
Hi Brian, sorry for the late reply, for the gimbal noise issue of Phantom 4 Pro, please update the firmware to the latest version, it has been optimized. And for the warm temperature of the gimbal, it is normal to get warm after powering it on.

Thanks for the response Thor.  The firmware I have showing is Firmware v01.02.02.00.  If this is the latest version my gimbal is still buzzing and vibrating.  
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BrianMNY Posted at 2018-1-3 15:00
Thanks for the response Thor.  The firmware I have showing is Firmware v01.02.02.00.  If this is the latest version my gimbal is still buzzing and vibrating.

Hi there, the latest version is V 01.05.0300, please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware. See if it works.
2018-1-4
Use props
BrianMNY
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-4 03:37
Hi there, the latest version is V 01.05.0300, please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware. See if it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVIcrDvh9BQ&index=5&t=39s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBM-fOkD1ld-66C51JRCMnat

Turns out I had that version installed already.  I re-updated it again with no change in the issue.  Any other suggestions?
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BrianMNY Posted at 2018-1-4 15:58
Turns out I had that version installed already.  I re-updated it again with no change in the issue.  Any other suggestions?

Could you please provide me with a video and the screenshot of the firmware info (About on General Settings)? I would like to check. Thank you so much.
2018-1-6
Use props
BrianMNY
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-6 01:49
Could you please provide me with a video and the screenshot of the firmware info (About on General Settings)? I would like to check. Thank you so much.

2018-1-6
Use props
BrianMNY
United States

2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you so much for the info, I will forward it to our engineers to confirm, will get back to you if I hear anything.
2018-1-6
Use props
BrianMNY
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-6 22:24
Thank you so much for the info, I will forward it to our engineers to confirm, will get back to you if I hear anything.

Any word back yet on this issue?
2018-1-12
Use props
Darkao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 808481 ft
Brazil

Hello Thor, I recently acquired a Phantom 4 Advanced and without even putting it to fly, I realized that it is with this same problem of Brian. And when I try to calibrate the gimbal, it stucks at 50%. Could you send me this beta version to know if it can fix? Thanks..
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Darkao Posted at 2018-1-15 20:36
Hello Thor, I recently acquired a Phantom 4 Advanced and without even putting it to fly, I realized that it is with this same problem of Brian. And when I try to calibrate the gimbal, it stucks at 50%. Could you send me this beta version to know if it can fix? Thanks..

Darkao, could you leave your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO) here? There is one beta trying to fix this, I'd like to help you get it and try again.
2018-1-16
Use props
Darkao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 808481 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-16 02:04
Darkao, could you leave your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO) here? There is one beta trying to fix this, I'd like to help you get it and try again.

Thanks for reply, its:
kleversongomes@gmail.com
2018-1-16
Use props
Vixman
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello Thor, same problem here. I have a Phantom 4pro. Please send me the fix as well with instructions to solve the problem (videomaker@videomakerproducoes.com.br)
2018-1-16
Use props
Videomaker8
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello to all! I have a new P4p and after update there is a gimbal vibration and noise when camera is tilted down. I see some people have the same issue and fixed it with a beta release. Does anyone know where I can get this beta fix?
Best regards
2018-1-17
Use props
Videomaker8
lvl.1
Brazil

Same here, new P4p, updated then gimbal has vibration and noise when camera is tilted down. Need the beta fix, anyone help please?
2018-1-17
Use props
MakerDude
First Officer
Flight distance : 1142533 ft
United States

Update: I sent my P4P with a buzzing gimbal and it was diagnosed with a bad camera main board. It was replaced under warranty and is on its way back to me now. UPS should have it at my door on Monday. I love my Mavic but have really been missing my P4P . The service was fast and shipping was paid for by DJI both ways so I'm very happy with the whole experience.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Darkao Posted at 2018-1-16 08:00
Thanks for reply, its:

Well received, I'll forward to the designated team to add you in, please check one working day later.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vixman Posted at 2018-1-16 12:29
Hello Thor, same problem here. I have a Phantom 4pro. Please send me the fix as well with instructions to solve the problem ()

Hi Vixman, this issue has been optimized in the latest official firmware V 01.05.0300, please update to the latest firmware to see whether the issue remains. If no helps, please kindly upload a short video and screenshot of About page for double check, thanks so much!
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Videomaker8 Posted at 2018-1-17 13:11
Hello to all! I have a new P4p and after update there is a gimbal vibration and noise when camera is tilted down. I see some people have the same issue and fixed it with a beta release. Does anyone know where I can get this beta fix?
Best regards

Hi there, please refer my reply in 869# and update to the latest official version V01.05.0300 to check.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BrianMNY Posted at 2018-1-12 14:15
Any word back yet on this issue?

I am terribly sorry for the late reply due to the days off. I had informed our engineers to give an update asap. Sorry for keeping you waiting.
2018-1-19
Use props
BrianMNY
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-19 02:30
I am terribly sorry for the late reply due to the days off. I had informed our engineers to give an update asap. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

I sent the drone in for repair as the problem got worse with a gimbal motor overload message.  No longer felt safe flying it.
2018-1-20
Use props
TomTom12
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216903 ft
Canada

Hi, I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced. When I start my drone, the gimbal is buzzing and makes a vibrations. It sometimes disappear (or not). The same noise appears when I lean the drone on slightly on the left. It seems I'm not the only one to encounter this issue. My firmware version is v01.00.0128. Furthermore, I tried to calibrate the gimbal and it froze at 50% too .... :-(
Can you help fixing it please? Many Thanks.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BrianMNY Posted at 2018-1-20 05:41
I sent the drone in for repair as the problem got worse with a gimbal motor overload message.  No longer felt safe flying it.

Really sorry for this, if you'd sent it back, we will help to take care of this. If there is a need, you can also leave me with your case number, I'd like to help.
2018-1-22
Use props
fansd080862c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156650 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hi, I have a P4 Pro with exactly the same issue, firmware is updated, need to send it for repair or can be fixed with special firmware/calibration? Regards.
2018-1-24
Use props
fans0996eee4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47405 ft
United States

HI All,

I'm having the exact same issue with my Phantom Pro 4 Plus, it fails a gimbal calibration at 50% and makes a buzzing noise and drifts to the left. Is this a software thing that I can fix via a different firmware?
2018-1-24
Use props
BrianMNY
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-22 02:01
Really sorry for this, if you'd sent it back, we will help to take care of this. If there is a need, you can also leave me with your case number, I'd like to help.

Repair facility has the drone under repair at the moment. Case CAS-1402231-D9W1R3
2018-1-27
Use props
fans2caf0167
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2260 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-29 01:56
Yes, of course. Could you please PM me with your DJI email account so I can forward you the beta? Thank you.

I just bought a DJI Phantom 4 Advance and updated the firmware. It now does the same as everyone else has posted. It has Gimbal Motor overload also buzzes & freezes at 50% when calibrating. Could you send me the firmware?
2018-1-27
Use props
fans2caf0167
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2260 ft
United States

I just bought a DJI Phantom 4 Advance and updated the firmware. It now does the same as everyone else has posted. It has Gimbal Motor overload also buzzes & freezes at 50% when calibrating. Could you send me the firmware. My email is mpaulsen418@outlook.com
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans2caf0167 Posted at 2018-1-27 21:22
I just bought a DJI Phantom 4 Advance and updated the firmware. It now does the same as everyone else has posted. It has Gimbal Motor overload also buzzes & freezes at 50% when calibrating. Could you send me the firmware. My email is

Yes, the beta is available to your account. Please check.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules