Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tellum
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-15 18:28
Hi Tellum, as you are using the Phantom 4 Pro, please kindly update the firmware to the latest version since this issue had been resolved for Phantom 4 Pro. You can update via the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvQYXrZeZM&t=1s

Hi DJI Thor, I updated to the latest firmware (V01.05.0600) as soon as I received the drone and yet the issue is present since the first flight. I thought there might be a newer beta firmware available that could help me solve the problem but I guess this isn't the case.
I'm in Brazil, and under Brazil customer law I have this 7 day window period to return the drone back to the reseller and get a new one. Given the fact that the newest firmware didn't fix the issue I'm inclined to do that, what do you think?
Thanks!
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tellum Posted at 2018-8-15 19:26
Hi DJI Thor, I updated to the latest firmware (V01.05.0600) as soon as I received the drone and yet the issue is present since the first flight. I thought there might be a newer beta firmware available that could help me solve the problem but I guess this isn't the case.
I'm in Brazil, and under Brazil customer law I have this 7 day window period to return the drone back to the reseller and get a new one. Given the fact that the newest firmware didn't fix the issue I'm inclined to do that, what do you think?
Thanks!

Sorry about this. May I have the screenshot of About page and the issue video? I'd like to forward to our engineers to check and see whether this can be figured out remotely.
2018-8-16
Use props
HappySobol
New
Canada

Just bought Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0, latest software.
camera isn’t working properly, it doesn’t move down, plus terrible sound from there. And also, doesn’t respond to my left button on my controller. Please, help!
2018-8-17
Use props
R Boersen
New

Hi DJL Thor. I just bought a brand new Phantom 4 adv and is has the exact issues as mentioned in this blog. Can you help me ? My account is i: steyn.boersen@gmail.com
2018-8-19
Use props
Tellum
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-16 22:32
Sorry about this. May I have the screenshot of About page and the issue video? I'd like to forward to our engineers to check and see whether this can be figured out remotely.

Hi DJI Susan, already returned to the reseller for a new one. I had to do it quickly to prevent losing the 7 day return period but thanks anyway!
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HappySobol Posted at 2018-8-17 20:59
Just bought Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0, latest software.
camera isn’t working properly, it doesn’t move down, plus terrible sound from there. And also, doesn’t respond to my left button on my controller. Please, help!

Hi HappySobol, just to verify, the current firmware is V 01.00.15.00? Have you tried to do gimbal calibration? If yes, please kindly upload a short issue video, we'd like to check the exact status.

BTW, if you need one's attention, please click the reply button under one's message so that he/she can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

R Boersen Posted at 2018-8-19 09:13
Hi DJL Thor. I just bought a brand new Phantom 4 adv and is has the exact issues as mentioned in this blog. Can you help me ? My account is i: steyn.boersen@gmail.com

Hi R Boersen, the beta will be available around 1-2 working days, please have a try when you receive it.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tellum Posted at 2018-8-20 21:11
Hi DJI Susan, already returned to the reseller for a new one. I had to do it quickly to prevent losing the 7 day return period but thanks anyway!

Thanks for keeping us updated. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-8-22
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

So here we go again... I bought a P4 and had it 3 weeks only to have to send it back to DJI for repairs. Went to local Bestbuy and purchased a brand new V2.0 and had it 4 days only to have the gimbal to be pointing to the right even after updates that I had no option to not do it. I align gimbal via Go 4 app and it’s fine till I install a charged battery for next flight and gimbal is pointing to the right again. Noticed gimbal does not turn evenly left and right. Took back to bestbuy last night got another V2.0 and charged RC and battery and turned on ac and RC not in that order. And again was forced to do a firmware update everything went well. Started doing IMU calibration and compass calibration everything ok. Started gimbal calibration and bam ... stuck on 50% ... 20 mins, later shut down everything waited a while and booted up RC and ac and checked everything,gimbal moves up and down fine left right pivot works great and it’s even pointing straight and start a gimbal cal only to freeze at 50% again and things are hot... What the hell is going on . Wow ! This is my 3rd DJI bird with issues... first one I can understand to some degree because it was a refurbished unit but these last 2 are brand new units... I’m floored with disappointment....
2018-8-22
Use props
danziger80
lvl.1
Sweden

have the same problem on p4 pro. Gimbal makes metallic noise and stuck on 5 when calibrating gimbal.  Have tried with the latest firmwire and downgraded to old ones aswell. can you send the beta firmwire to me at henningsson@gmail.com
2018-9-2
Use props
Shailoy786
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 21:31
Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

DJI Thor

I am experiencing the same issue as described in this thread.  Can you please push the beta firmware to my account:

shailoy786@yahoo.com

Phantom 4 advanced

Thank You!
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

danziger80 Posted at 2018-9-2 11:08
have the same problem on p4 pro. Gimbal makes metallic noise and stuck on 5 when calibrating gimbal.  Have tried with the latest firmwire and downgraded to old ones aswell. can you send the beta firmwire to me at

Hi Dan, we are sorry to read on your issue, for Phantom 4 Pro, please kindly note that the latest firmware V01.05.0600 has fixed the gimbal issue. If the issue persists in this firmware version, may we know if the drone crashed before? In this case, we will suggest sending your drone in for service. Please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Shailoy, the beta firmware has been forwarded to your account, please check and update via either DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2. See if it helps.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-22 04:44
So here we go again... I bought a P4 and had it 3 weeks only to have to send it back to DJI for repairs. Went to local Bestbuy and purchased a brand new V2.0 and had it 4 days only to have the gimbal to be pointing to the right even after updates that I had no option to not do it. I align gimbal via Go 4 app and it’s fine till I install a charged battery for next flight and gimbal is pointing to the right again. Noticed gimbal does not turn evenly left and right. Took back to bestbuy last night got another V2.0 and charged RC and battery and turned on ac and RC not in that order. And again was forced to do a firmware update everything went well. Started doing IMU calibration and compass calibration everything ok. Started gimbal calibration and bam ... stuck on 50% ... 20 mins, later shut down everything waited a while and booted up RC and ac and checked everything,gimbal moves up and down fine left right pivot works great and it’s even pointing straight and start a gimbal cal only to freeze at 50% again and things are hot... What the hell is going on . Wow ! This is my 3rd DJI bird with issues... first one I can understand to some degree because it was a refurbished unit but these last 2 are brand new units... I’m floored with disappointment....

I am so sorry to know that you have troubles with the drones, Reds2tall55. Now the current issue of your drone is that the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 can't calibrate the gimbal, it freezes at 50% and it feels hot, right?
Could you please provide us with a video of this case and a screenshot of the firmware info? It is on the About in General Settings. We would like to confirm this with our engineers. Look forward to your update.
2018-9-2
Use props
Shailoy786
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-9-2 21:20
Hi Shailoy, the beta firmware has been forwarded to your account, please check and update via either DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2. See if it helps.

Thanks Thor but issue is not resolved. It fixed some noise but now when i tilt camera downward then it make strong squeaking noise but when camera is front facing then it is fine. noise is more strong when drone is on the ground in static position when it goes in the air then noise/viberations are very less.
the video is stable it is only strong noise that bothers me alot
any suggestion
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Shailoy786 Posted at 2018-9-3 22:39
Thanks Thor but issue is not resolved. It fixed some noise but now when i tilt camera downward then it make strong squeaking noise but when camera is front facing then it is fine. noise is more strong when drone is on the ground in static position when it goes in the air then noise/viberations are very less.
the video is stable it is only strong noise that bothers me alot
any suggestion

Thanks for getting back, Shailoy. May I have a video of this case, please? Please also shows the firmware info (General Settings, About) on the video, I would like to have a further confirmation in your case.
2018-9-4
Use props
Shailoy786
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-9-4 23:57
Thanks for getting back, Shailoy. May I have a video of this case, please? Please also shows the firmware info (General Settings, About) on the video, I would like to have a further confirmation in your case.

2018-9-5
Use props
Shailoy786
lvl.1
Norway

Thanks for getting back, Shailoy. May I have a video of this case, please? Please also shows the firmware info (General Settings, About) on the video, I would like to have a further confirmation in your case.

Hi Thor

System does not allow me to upload video here so I sent you a link as PM but pictures are uploaded here
2018-9-5
Use props
Shailoy786
lvl.1
Norway

2018-9-5
Use props
Shailoy786
lvl.1
Norway

Finally I can upload video

2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Shailoy786 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:14
https://youtu.be/CxwaaCDrBQ0

Thank you so much for your info, I am confirming with the engineers, if there is an update, I will get back to you. Thanks for the patience.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Shailoy786 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:15
Finally I can upload video

https://youtu.be/CxwaaCDrBQ0

Hi there, I just received the feedback from the engineers. Please check if the gimbal had dust or foreign object, or please send the drone in for service. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2018-9-9
Use props
fans604783b3
New

Indonesia

Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

I am also had the same problem, could you please send me the beta update too?
Thank you so much
musa@tdmrc.org
2018-9-15
Use props
timdelll
New
Flight distance : 130266 ft
United States

Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

Please send me the beta fix as well
timothy.delgrosso@gmail.com
2018-9-16
Use props
Videokiosk
lvl.1

Please send me the firmware beta, too. Drone (P4A) had been flying 3 times - no crash, no dirt in gimbal. Metallic noise after firmware upgrade to the latest official firmware. Gimbal calibration freezes at 50%. Already reinstalled firmware over DJI Assistance Software.

Sebastian@videokiosk.de

thanks in advance.
2018-9-17
Use props
GoodmanRP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Unfortunately, I also got this problem. I've tried everything before. Just a tragedy! Only problems!    Me-mail redbull@adres.pl
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans604783b3 Posted at 2018-9-15 18:41
I am also had the same problem, could you please send me the beta update too?
Thank you so much
musa@tdmrc.org

Hi there, may I know the specific model of your drone? If you are flying the Phantom 4 Pro, please update the firmware to the latest version directly, the gimbal issue had resolved.
Please let me know if you are flying the Phantom 4 Adv or other drone, I'd like to help.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Videokiosk Posted at 2018-9-17 12:54
Please send me the firmware beta, too. Drone (P4A) had been flying 3 times - no crash, no dirt in gimbal. Metallic noise after firmware upgrade to the latest official firmware. Gimbal calibration freezes at 50%. Already reinstalled firmware over DJI Assistance Software.

Hello, the beta firmware has been forwarded to your account, please check. Thank you.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GoodmanRP Posted at 2018-9-18 11:40
Unfortunately, I also got this problem. I've tried everything before. Just a tragedy! Only problems!    Me-mail

Hi there, please kindly refer to my reply on 987#. If your drone is a Phantom 4 Pro, please kindly update the firmware to the latest version. If the issue persists, you may need to send the drone in for repair.
Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-9-23
Use props
danziger80
lvl.1
Sweden

2018-9-24
Use props
danziger80
lvl.1
Sweden

2018-9-24
Use props
danziger80
lvl.1
Sweden

danziger80 Posted at 2018-9-2 11:08
have the same problem on p4 pro. Gimbal makes metallic noise and stuck on 5 when calibrating gimbal.  Have tried with the latest firmwire and downgraded to old ones aswell. can you send the beta firmwire to me at

2018-9-24
Use props
Jappi
lvl.1

Sweden

9#
I have the same issue, calibration stuck at 6%, loud buzz.  irajnen@gmail.com
2018-9-24
Use props
SAR Adam
lvl.1
United States

I just go my drone and did the current version updates before I ever flew it.  It worked great for several flights.  I went to fly it tonight and the gamble points straight down and does not respond.  Reboot and the gamble adjusts left and right but not up and down.  I submitted a warranty request and will wait to see what happens.
2018-9-24
Use props
Jappi
lvl.1

Sweden

@ DJI Thor

I have exactly the same problem with the gimbal buzz sounds and calibration stuck at 6%, can you please push the beta firmware to my account?

irajnen@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Using the P4Pro
2018-9-25
Use props
Jappi
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

DJI Thor,
I have the same issue, I would also like the beta for Phantom 4 pro
Please send me the beta! User account is   irajnen@gmail.com   Thank you
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Dan, I had replied to your previous comment, for Phantom 4 Pro, please kindly note that the latest firmware V01.05.0600 has fixed the gimbal issue.
If the issue persists in this firmware version, may we know if the drone crashed before? In this case, we will suggest sending your drone in for service.
Please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jappi Posted at 2018-9-26 11:52
DJI Thor,
I have the same issue, I would also like the beta for Phantom 4 pro
Please send me the beta! User account is      Thank you

Hi Jappi, for Phantom 4 Pro, please kindly note that the latest firmware V01.05.0600 has fixed the gimbal issue. Please update to the latest firmware.
If the issue persists in this firmware version, may we know if the drone crashed before? In this case, we will suggest sending your drone in for service.
Please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SAR Adam Posted at 2018-9-24 17:46
I just go my drone and did the current version updates before I ever flew it.  It worked great for several flights.  I went to fly it tonight and the gamble points straight down and does not respond.  Reboot and the gamble adjusts left and right but not up and down.  I submitted a warranty request and will wait to see what happens.

Hi Adam, I am sorry about your case. Have you sent the drone in? If yes, you can provide me with your case number, I'd help to check the status for you if needed.
2018-9-26
Use props
Jappi
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-9-26 19:11
Hi Jappi, for Phantom 4 Pro, please kindly note that the latest firmware V01.05.0600 has fixed the gimbal issue. Please update to the latest firmware.
Please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.

Tnx Dji Thor for your replay. I have the latest firmware so im updated with that then.
Drone have not been crashed the buzz sound comes and goes so do the overheating.
I have contacted support and they looking at this.

:-)  Jappi
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules