Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7996f2c4
New
Flight distance : 156381 ft
United States

I would also love the beta release. I am having the same issues of noisy gimbal and also freezes at 50% calibration

brooks@wheelhousemedia.tv

Thanks so much
2017-8-1
Use props
phantomfan78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606650 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Same issue.  Have not received beta version.
Phantom 4 pro
2thfxr78@gmail.com
Thanks
2017-8-1
Use props
clo983
New

Italy

Same Issue, please reply with beta asap as I need to use the drone for my job!

claudiomusto@gmail.com

C
2017-8-1
Use props
Dharcrow
New
Flight distance : 354318 ft
United States

Dharcrow Posted at 2017-8-1 02:55
I have the phantom 4 pro.  Still have not received the beta firmware.

Today I received the beta firmware and it fixed my gimbal vibration and calibration issue.  Thank you so much for the support.
2017-8-2
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.3
United States

Dharcrow Posted at 2017-8-2 06:03
Today I received the beta firmware and it fixed my gimbal vibration and calibration issue.  Thank you so much for the support.

Hey Dharcrow,
Did you get an email or something telling you that the beta was available to you? How long did it take after DJI Thor passed your email to the engineers before you actually got it?
2017-8-2
Use props
Dharcrow
New
Flight distance : 354318 ft
United States

Mike12345 Posted at 2017-8-2 07:43
Hey Dharcrow,
Did you get an email or something telling you that the beta was available to you? How long did it take after DJI Thor passed your email to the engineers before you actually got it?

He told me on Sunday evening that he passed it to the engineers.  It was available to me this morning when I plugged my p4p in and checked for updates.  I used DJI assist 2 and just kept refreshing and checking for updated firmware a couple of times a day.  No email notification so just keep checking for updates.
2017-8-2
Use props
fans13e753af
New
Switzerland

@ DJI Thor

I have exactly the same problem with the gimball buzz sounds and calibration stuck at 50%, can you please push the beta firmware to my account?

berniart@mac.com

Thanks so much!

Using the P4Pro+
2017-8-2
Use props
wiejak
New
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 21:31
Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

Hi Thor,

please send beta firmware - gaglewski@gmail.com

Thank you
2017-8-4
Use props
wiejak
New
Poland

wiejak Posted at 2017-8-4 04:45
Hi Thor,

please send beta firmware -

P4P firmware to be exact. Thank you.
2017-8-4
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-30 18:54
I had informed our engineers to release the beta firmware to your account.
Please connect your drone and mobile device, launch DJI GO 4 app with the account you provide logged in, connect to the internet to get the push notifications.

DJI Thor,
It's been almost a week and I still haven't gotten the beta firmware pushed to my account yet.  Could you please check my account?  upwithmike@gmail.com using a Phantom 4 Pro.Thanks!
2017-8-4
Use props
phantomfan78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606650 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-28 03:55
Please connect your drone and mobile device, launch DJI GO 4 app with the account you provide logged in, connect to the internet to get the push notifications.

DJI Thor,
I am patiently waiting for the beta firmware.  Please could you send it to me
2thfxr78@gmail.com
P4pro
Thank you very much
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TheLazerCow Posted at 2017-7-31 01:21
Greetings Dji Thor,
Can I please be forwarded the beta firmware? Phantom 4 Pro  

The beta FW might be pushed later for it is on weekend. Sorry for this and thank you for your patience.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dlbryan01 Posted at 2017-7-31 06:55
Hey DJI Thor I am experiencing the same issues. Loud buzz and unstable left to right gimble motion. Video is unusable. Can I get the beta software and try to solve this please. Email is dlbryan01@gmail.com
Thanks

The beta FW might be pushed later for it is on weekend. Sorry for this and thank you for your patience.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mike12345 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:22
Thanks @DJITHor!!  How will I know when the firmware is available to me?  Will I get an alert, or do I just need to keep checking DJI Assistant 2 to show the beta firmware?

Sorry for the late reply, you have still not got the beta firmware, right? The firmware is pushed by the internet, and please connect your drone and RC with DJI GO 4 app, don't forget to connect the internet. I had also told our engineers of this case, and they will help to confirm the push notice again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

phantomfan78 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:42
Hi DJI Thor,

I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, frizes at 50% during calibration. Can you please add me to the list for beta firmware update. 2thfxr78@gmail.com  

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ArtiomIst Posted at 2017-7-31 13:41
@ DJI Thor
I have the same problem with the gimball sounds and calibration stuck at 50%, can you please push the beta firmware to my account?
My registered email is

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Albrt Posted at 2017-8-1 07:12
@ DJI Thor

I have exactly the same problem with the gimball buzz sounds and calibration stuck at 50%, can you please push the beta firmware to my account?

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans7996f2c4 Posted at 2017-8-1 07:22
I would also love the beta release. I am having the same issues of noisy gimbal and also freezes at 50% calibration

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

phantomfan78 Posted at 2017-8-1 08:03
Same issue.  Have not received beta version.
Phantom 4 pro

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, all the account provided above had transferred to our engineers to release the beta firmware.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dharcrow Posted at 2017-8-2 06:03

You are welcome, have a nice day with the drone. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

wiejak Posted at 2017-8-4 04:45
Hi Thor,

please send beta firmware -

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans13e753af Posted at 2017-8-2 11:39
@ DJI Thor

2017-8-5
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 03:42
Sorry for the late reply, you have still not got the beta firmware, right? The firmware is pushed by the internet, and please connect your drone and RC with DJI GO 4 app, don't forget to connect the internet. I had also told our engineers of this case, and they will help to confirm the push notice again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks DJI Thor!  I have been connecting several times a day via DJI GO 4 and the DJI Asssist 2 software, both are connected to the Internet but the only FW version they show is the 01.04.0602 version.  I will continue to check, but please let me know if you can confirm that the engineers have added it to my account.
2017-8-5
Use props
drone.archaryaa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5961270 ft
  • >>>
India

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 03:43

Hi Thor,

Could you please provide with beta update for me too. I am using P4pro and facing same problem.

My email is arul.trailokya31@gmail.com

Thanks.
2017-8-5
Use props
drone.archaryaa
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

Hi All,

In case if you are not receiving beta firmware then please try disabling "mechanical shutter" in camera settings and then try calibrating the gimbal. It should run through the cycle without any error or noise.

☺️
2017-8-5
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.3
United States

drone.archaryaa Posted at 2017-8-5 12:35
Hi All,

In case if you are not receiving beta firmware then please try disabling "mechanical shutter" in camera settings and then try calibrating the gimbal. It should run through the cycle without any error or noise.

Thanks, but I disabled the mechanical shutter and my P4P still made the buzzing noise when auto-calibrating the gimbal... hoping the beta FW will fix!
2017-8-5
Use props
drone.archaryaa
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

Mike12345 Posted at 2017-8-5 12:55
Thanks, but I disabled the mechanical shutter and my P4P still made the buzzing noise when auto-calibrating the gimbal... hoping the beta FW will fix!

I will share my steps in video tomorrow. Hopefully that may help. As of now after reading several posts about mechanical shutter I have reached to the decision to keep it disabled.

☺️
2017-8-5
Use props
fans57af08bd
New
Flight distance : 6204 ft
United States

I also have the gimble problems

dji phantom pro 4 plus

user:  schrock.d2@gmail.com
2017-8-5
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 03:43

Got the 01.04.0608 beta FW and the gimbal noise has stopped for me!!  I haven't flown it for over a week since upgrading to the current 01.04.0602, so I'll finally fly it and report any further issues.  Thanks again DJI Thor!
2017-8-5
Use props
fans70000ea6
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 03:44

I very much appreciate all the work youre putting in. I am having the same issue as described in this thread, and I  too would like to receive the beta

Jordanblodgett@hotmail.com
2017-8-5
Use props
fans70000ea6
lvl.1
Canada

fans70000ea6 Posted at 2017-8-5 20:29
I very much appreciate all the work youre putting in. I am having the same issue as described in this thread, and I  too would like to receive the beta

Jordanblodgett@hotmail.com

Im sorry, I should have added that I have the Phantom 4 standard
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans70000ea6 Posted at 2017-8-5 20:30
Im sorry, I should have added that I have the Phantom 4 standard

Sorry, this firmware is for Phantom 4 Pro/Adv. Did you use phantom 4 with a problem with gimbal? Could you please provide me with more details?  
2017-8-6
Use props
fans70000ea6
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 03:54
Sorry, this firmware is for Phantom 4 Pro/Adv. Did you use phantom 4 with a problem with gimbal? Could you please provide me with more details?

The problem I am experiencing is exactly the same as what is being described here. My gimbal makes a buzzing noise when the drone is turned on. Calibration of the gimbal reaches 50% and stays there forever. The base of the gimbal is also getting very warm.

In flight, I'm seeing a tilted horizon.
2017-8-6
Use props
kushal007
New
Flight distance : 387 ft
India

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-30 18:54

Hi Dji Thor
I am having the same issue,calibration freezes at 50% and noise from the gimbal plus the rise in temperature
Please send the beta update link on kushal.aviator@yahoo.com
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans70000ea6 Posted at 2017-8-6 06:46
The problem I am experiencing is exactly the same as what is being described here. My gimbal makes a buzzing noise when the drone is turned on. Calibration of the gimbal reaches 50% and stays there forever. The base of the gimbal is also getting very warm.

In flight, I'm seeing a tilted horizon.

Have you upgraded your Phantom 4 to the latest firmware? How does the gimbal tilt? Could you please provide us with a video for calibrating and a picture of gimbal tilt? I'll help to check more.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, the account provided above might have the beta firmware released, please log in your account on the app or DJI Assistant 2 to get the notice. And let me know if you have not received it. Thank you.  
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mike12345 Posted at 2017-8-5 19:06
Got the 01.04.0608 beta FW and the gimbal noise has stopped for me!!  I haven't flown it for over a week since upgrading to the current 01.04.0602, so I'll finally fly it and report any further issues.  Thanks again DJI Thor!

You are welcome. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans70000ea6
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 18:22
Have you upgraded your Phantom 4 to the latest firmware? How does the gimbal tilt? Could you please provide us with a video for calibrating and a picture of gimbal tilt? I'll help to check more.

I do have the latest installed, and its since the update that I'm having problems.

Todays flight also had issues with the Phantom 4 having an unstable hover. At one point, I lost video feed and nearly lost control of the craft. The video recorded shows that the gimbal suddenly looked to the left, viewing its own landing gear.

I can provide a video tomorrow of what happens when trying to calibrate.

I had none of these issues until I updated the software.
2017-8-6
Use props
kushal007
New
Flight distance : 387 ft
India

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 18:47
Hi all, the account provided above might have the beta firmware released, please log in your account on the app or DJI Assistant 2 to get the notice. And let me know if you have not received it. Thank you.

Mighty DJI Thor
King of Asgard and guardian of the Universe
I haven't received the beta update yet
Please help
ID is kushal.aviator@yahoo.com
Appreciate your help
Thank you
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules