Returned from repair with different S/N
2219 15 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user543771b55e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just got my Mavic back after it was returned due to the Firmware issue. It's now got a different serial number and a few scratches! The one i sent was onlf a few weeks old and flown about 5 times, this one is clearly older.  Would you be happy or contact DJI? Thanks.
2017-6-14
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Was this a warranty repair, Care Refresh, or did you pay for the repair yourself? In at least the first two cases I know that DJI reserves the right to provide a replacement of their choice, which can be a brand-new aircraft, your own repaired, or (most commonly) a refurbished unit that previously belonged to someone else.
2017-6-14
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

But I thought you got back the same in terms of age, quality ? If you sent in a 2 day old brand new mavic and got one back fixed but looking a bit worse for wear you might be a bit gutted ?
2017-6-14
Use props
user543771b55e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It was a warranty repair,the one sent still had the stickers on the arms etc and the replacement is clearly older and has been used a lot more.  As RCNJ says, a bit gutted..!  Understatement!
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Would you please leave me with your case number? I will help to check if your drone was repaired or replacement. According to After-sales Service Policy (http://www.dji.com/service/policy),  products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers. If there is stickers on the arms, would you please show us the picture?

after-service policy.png
2017-6-14
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

*same type* being the optimum get of jail free card.
In other words your Mavic wont be replaced with a spark or Phantom 3/4, it doesnt in any way consider the condition of either Mavic beyond functionality.
2017-6-14
Use props
fans2af304fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102999 ft
Singapore

Sounds like pretty f**ked up.  I just wish nothing happens to my Mavic Pro. Touch wood!!!!!
2017-6-14
Use props
Igordur
lvl.4
Flight distance : 620696 ft
France

Mine is under repair as well. A problem of camera, under guarantee. It was like new.
If I retrieve a model that is not exactly identical, (I mean, not a model that has more than 200 flights and is scratched all over) it returns directly to dji ...
2017-6-14
Use props
Jamison74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4255778 ft
United States

It is in fact not your Mavic, DJIs policy with warranty and CareRefresh is to repair or provide a replacement. Most just assume that replacement means a brand new unit. Countless posts on the forums saying "DJI support just emailed me and I am getting a whole NEW unit". Followed by a surprised post of "WTH this Mavic looks used and has a different s/n, is it used". Of course it is, this practice has been in place for years and sadly is the norm with electronic manufacturers.
2017-6-15
Use props
user543771b55e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Mindy, the case number was CAS-646863-Q7V9P0.  I find it strange that I was told it was taking so long as my Mavic was being repaired. If I was going to  get a refurbished one as a replacement why wouldn't it ship straight away? I hadn't seen the section of the  T's & C's but I'd have expected to at least get one with similar usage. Is it possible to tell how many hours the one I received has on It?
2017-6-15
Use props
user543771b55e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mindy, should have added that the stickers were still on my original Mavic, that's why I firsted thought the repaired one it wasnt the same one.
2017-6-15
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

user543771b55e Posted at 2017-6-15 02:58
Hi Mindy, the case number was CAS-646863-Q7V9P0.  I find it strange that I was told it was taking so long as my Mavic was being repaired. If I was going to  get a refurbished one as a replacement why wouldn't it ship straight away? I hadn't seen the section of the  T's & C's but I'd have expected to at least get one with similar usage. Is it possible to tell how many hours the one I received has on It?

you can certainly find out when it was build.

http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/index.php
2017-6-15
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509678 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

user543771b55e Posted at 2017-6-14 08:57
It was a warranty repair,the one sent still had the stickers on the arms etc and the replacement is clearly older and has been used a lot more.  As RCNJ says, a bit gutted..!  Understatement!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1289330
2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like a refurb replacement
2018-4-4
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887031 ft
Mexico

I have my drones registered in Mexico for commercial operations, this registration is based on the serial number of the unit. What will happen if I get my unit replaced? Will DJI go through the trouble and bureaucracy of updating my serial number with the authorities? Of course not. Under this scenario replacing my drone would cause me a big headake.

Something for DJI to consider.
2018-4-4
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

Just pointing out that in the section of the T and C’s that’s Mindy posted above, it also states “These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance” - that being the case, surely if the goods are all scratched up, one could argue that they are not really similar to new goods in appearance?

Not trying to stir the pot, but I feel it’s a valid point.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules