Video Files Missing
1102 5 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

Is anyone else having video files mysteriously going missing from your SD card? I am seeing this every so often. I will have 0102, 103, then 105, and the 104 is missing. I have been noticing it more and more, it seems.
2017-6-14
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I've heard of files not getting properly closed when the mavic is powered off while recording -- could that have happened to you?
2017-6-14
Use props
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-14 14:06
I've heard of files not getting properly closed when the mavic is powered off while recording -- could that have happened to you?

Now that you mention it, I think it might be when I'm powering down, but would need some more examples to confirm, for sure...
Is this avoidable by pressing stop on the recording before I power that sucka down? Also, is this an intermittent issue? Because I have powered it down many times without losing the files, it just happens every so often.

Thanks so much for your help!
2017-6-14
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Bill Drones Posted at 2017-6-14 14:13
Now that you mention it, I think it might be when I'm powering down, but would need some more examples to confirm, for sure...
Is this avoidable by pressing stop on the recording before I power that sucka down? Also, is this an intermittent issue? Because I have powered it down many times without losing the files, it just happens every so often.

Yes, if that's the actual problem, it should be avoidable by ending recording before you power off the remote or the Mavic. I've gotten into the habit of checking my counter to make sure it's not moving anymore before I power-down.

BTW, your missing video might still be on the card if you haven't written over it -- google for file recovery software. Cheers.
2017-6-14
Use props
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-14 15:10
Yes, if that's the actual problem, it should be avoidable by ending recording before you power off the remote or the Mavic. I've gotten into the habit of checking my counter to make sure it's not moving anymore before I power-down.

BTW, your missing video might still be on the card if you haven't written over it -- google for file recovery software. Cheers.

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to end the recording before powering down...
Never would have thought this was the reason, but now that I know it makes total sense... Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
2017-6-14
Use props
NatasataN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100574 ft
Canada

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-14 14:06

Thank you!
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules