Ronin M dead
2756 13 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

I need some assitance. Have a new Ronin M bought from B&H. I took it out to test today for first time - did setup and balanced out GH5 camera. When i tried to turn it on the motors did not engage but if you listen closely there is a low level hum. I was unable to connect to app on either android or iphone but managed to connect on IMac.  The green light holds solid and the blue light blinks in app but the activate button is greyed out. I tried de-activating the  motor kill switch but nothing changes. I did upgrades and everything is up to date except IMU. For some reason this shows as 0.0 but indicates that the latest version to upgrade to is 1.4. When i try to update it starts but then asks to cycle power and try again, which only restarts the same process. Really need some advice on this one
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you made sure that the battery is inserted completely? If it's not fully seated in, it can cause a similar issue.
2017-6-14
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-14 22:05
Have you made sure that the battery is inserted completely? If it's not fully seated in, it can cause a similar issue.

By seated you mean pushing down the battery as much as possible? If so i think so but confused as to what that really means
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Feste Films Posted at 2017-6-14 22:08
By seated you mean pushing down the battery as much as possible? If so i think so but confused as to what that really means

Yes, I do mean whether or not it's pushed as far in as it can. If there's even a small gap, it can can somewhat power the unit and display incomplete information like that in the Gimbal Assistant software or its app.
2017-6-14
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-14 22:21
Yes, I do mean whether or not it's pushed as far in as it can. If there's even a small gap, it can can somewhat power the unit and display incomplete information like that in the Gimbal Assistant software or its app.

just got back to testing again and no matter what i do to battery the ronin is still limp. you can hear a mild spinning sound from motors but it remains limp
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Feste Films Posted at 2017-6-16 12:23
just got back to testing again and no matter what i do to battery the ronin is still limp. you can hear a mild spinning sound from motors but it remains limp

I know that it may be an odd question, but you do not have the motor kill enabled, correct? How long have you had the Ronin? If this issue persists, would you be within range of getting a quick exchange with them if need be?
2017-6-16
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-16 12:42
I know that it may be an odd question, but you do not have the motor kill enabled, correct? How long have you had the Ronin? If this issue persists, would you be within range of getting a quick exchange with them if need be?

Disabled motor kills switch but nothing changes. The only thing that stands out is the IMU reading on the GB app.  the IMU line reads -   Loader - 0.0  ,  Firmware 0.0. and new version available 1.4. I select the upgrade to 1.4 and select that yes I want to upgrade,  it says upgrading, please wait....   but it just stays like this and so I'm not sure if it is upgrading or simply stuck.
2017-6-16
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

Ronin is also brand new. bought from B&H but I live in Belize in Central America so its not that easy to send it back or anything
2017-6-16
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

here is pictures of upgrade screen showing IMU info and also the IMU upgrade screen that I'm not sure is actually doing anything
ronin.jpeg
ronin1.jpeg
2017-6-16
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

Still looking for some assistance on this issue
2017-6-19
Use props
JayMike
New
Denmark

Feste Films Posted at 2017-6-19 08:17
Still looking for some assistance on this issue

I have the exact same issue - have the original Ronin which have suddenly stopped working as if the Motor Kill switch is on. When I connect it to the PC via the DJI Assistant app I can't really get in touch with the device in any way or form. The angle meters are set to 0.180, 0.120 and 0.130 respectively. I'm trying to switch off the Motor Kill Switch, but to no effect. Can't calibrate nor do anything that seems to affect the Ronin in any way.

Have tried updating to the suggested firmware with success, but after this, it's gone back to saying I have loader 0.0.

I can't reach the Ronin through the mobile app either - it doesn't even show up on my device list.

Really need some help on this one.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans0f731fe8
New

United States

Feste Films Posted at 2017-6-14 22:08

Did you fix this?
2017-11-2
Use props
BVFernandes
New

Mozambique

Did you guys found a solution for this. I have the same issue
2021-1-3
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

BVFernandes Posted at 1-3 21:53
Did you guys found a solution for this. I have the same issue

Had to send into dji to be repaired. Came back working normally and it’s still going.
2021-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules