Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Geotagging of D-RTK images... when?
5049 14 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EagleDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605062 ft
Netherlands

Hello DJI. I own a M600 Pro with D-RTK and I heard some good rumours. Rumours about you guys working on putting the RTK's position information in the EXIF data, instead of the default, inaccurate GPS data. This was 6 months ago when I read about this... when can we look forward to this?
2017-6-15
Use props
hectord
New
Flight distance : 86276 ft
Chile

I have the RTK with M600 PRO. Realy I have a big problem, the RTK is not used for geotag, only for navigation.
2017-7-4
Use props
fansce471031
lvl.1
Russia

I have the same problem, coordinates received with D RTK are different with written in EXIF. Is there any way to get accurate D RTK coordinates of the images?
2017-7-22
Use props
fattiretom
New

United States

This is a huge issue for us as well. I can't figure out why this cannot be implemented. What else would you want RTK for?
2017-7-24
Use props
Arbutus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 470112 ft
Canada

The whole point of the ridiculously expensive D-RTK system is collecting precise GPS data so that it can be associated with images and events - but there is no method of logging RTK with DJI junk.  This is entirely BROKEN !!!!  

DJI have dropped the ball again.  But then they never really had it anyway.
2017-7-26
Use props
SJB Group
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53346 ft
United States

For us it helps with the location of the aircraft while LIDAR scanning, and it helps for working inside plants and near big bridges where our customers were concerned about safety and reliability. We are really just barely getting our money out of this system. Now, if we could use the D-RTK to log the GPS data into the pictures...
2017-7-27
Use props
fansce471031
lvl.1
Russia

When dji are going to include d rtk coordinates to exif
2017-9-9
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

good luck, this is a problem we've been trying to deal with for some time. even using the sdk doesnt look like itll help much unless your camera has a can bus or gps input
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Sammy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225564 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Does this mean the RTK GPS location data is saved to the jpegs on the X5R i have? That what im expecting for the crazy price or its near useless.

i still am having issues with my RTK setup in the Assiatant 2 1.1.6 as its a grey box where i should be able to set the offset value for the GPS RTK air units. help please!!
2017-10-9
Use props
broadlandboy
Captain
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

RTK is for precision placing of the drone not of the image
2017-10-9
Use props
djiuser_iXvk6z6
New

United States

Has anybody looked at the flight log file to see if the accurate RTK readings are in there?  If so then it is a simple process to geotag pictures with the raw flight log file.

Or if somebody wants to send me or link me to their RTK flight log (easy copy from Android device) then I can import into my software and compare with your pictures.
2017-10-16
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

djiuser_iXvk6z6 Posted at 2017-10-16 13:38
Has anybody looked at the flight log file to see if the accurate RTK readings are in there?  If so then it is a simple process to geotag pictures with the raw flight log file.

Or if somebody wants to send me or link me to their RTK flight log (easy copy from Android device) then I can import into my software and compare with your pictures.

My understanding is that the GPS export feature is broken in the log viewer as of the last update, but I could be wrong as it's been a couple weeks.

You still run into the issue of the time synchronization.
2017-10-17
Use props
JonahDrone
lvl.1

Kenya

Can you change the camera?
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Sammy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225564 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Any News on the D-RTK? Still a big waste of cash? anybody got any GLONAS or better GPS data from there A3 system.....
2018-3-13
Use props
fansce471031
lvl.1
Russia

As soon as we understand that there is no way to use D-RTK system for accurate geotagging we intagreted survey grade GNSS receiver with DJI PHANTOM 4PRO and DJI MATRICE 600. Now we are able to process data without ground control points with centimeter level accuracy. More information you can find here http://eng.topodrone.ru/blog/
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules