Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark won't find aircraft SSID
12Next >
51783 47 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8af7892b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251690 ft
United States

I own 3 Phantom 3 Pro's, so not a newbie. Hoping someone can help me out before I RMA my Spark.

I have an iPad Pro  and an android One Plus 3, and have tried the following sequences on both.

Downloaded DJI Go4 app on both devices.

Turned off bluetooth and wifi on OP3, only way to get app to allow qr scan code.  I tried both aircraft and foam box qr code.  It scans to register.

I get through the screens to activate, put in email addy, turn aircraft on, (yes battery is fully charged), app says aircraft registered, and I get to screen where it says activate aircraft by connecting.

then turn on wifi, and it cannot find Spark network ssid.

Controller is off as well.

iPad also will not find spark network, either by scanning or by manually entering ssid.

Anyone have any ideas.  Just delivered today.

I also watched the video tutorials and followed those instructions to a tee...

Thanks,
Joseph

2017-6-15
Use props
Wednesday
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

I am sure you saw this, but just in case :
2017-6-15
Use props
Sonar5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251690 ft
United States

Resolved: Start aircraft. once started, hold battery button for 6 seconds, you will hear two beeps then connect to wifi.
2017-6-15
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

The thing I found was that IF you have the Remote Control, you want to flip it over and take the WiFi and Password from the Remote Controller, not the Spark AC.

DJI links the RC to the AC at the factory.  If you want to fly with the Remote Control and your phone / tablet, this is the correct way to do it.

No RC - follow the video 2 posts up.

Good Flying
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please refer to 3#, power on the aircraft and press and hold the Intelligent Flight Battery Switch for six seconds. When the aircraft makes a beeping sound, connect the aircraft to DJI GO 4. Then you can search the Spark's Wi-Fi in your mobile device.
2017-6-15
Use props
GregC1973
First Officer
Flight distance : 389636 ft
Ireland

Hi there, i could not find the wifi network either (on the spark) and i had to hold the battery button for 9 seconds(beeps 3 times) to reset the wifi and then it found it. Also i had to relink the Remote Controller.
Works great now.
2017-6-16
Use props
Donalbain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208504 ft

Germany

Here I can connect to the Sparks Wifi, but the app does not recognize it. I tried it many times, re-set the wifi, re-installed the app, reset the phones' wifi. No success. I get a Wifi connection to the Spark but the app gets either no connection or one that lasts ony for seconds. Very frustrating. About to send this crap back to DJI.

(I installed the firmware update. Either before or after I managed to this this thing for about a minute. The one and only flight so far …)
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Donalbain Posted at 2017-6-16 14:29
Here I can connect to the Sparks Wifi, but the app does not recognize it. I tried it many times, re-set the wifi, re-installed the app, reset the phones' wifi. No success. I get a Wifi connection to the Spark but the app gets either no connection or one that lasts ony for seconds. Very frustrating. About to send this crap back to DJI.

(I installed the firmware update. Either before or after I managed to this this thing for about a minute. The one and only flight so far …)

Donalbain, I'm sorry to hear that. May I have the version of DJI Go 4 and model of your mobile device? What is the error message in APP? Is it 'Disconnected'?
2017-6-17
Use props
fansc363eefa
lvl.1
Guatemala

Donalbain Posted at 2017-6-16 14:29

Are you connecting to the Spark or the remote controller?

I had purchased the Fly More combo and the instructions were a little confusing.

The remote controller has a "rc" in the SSID name.
2017-6-17
Use props
jason.bouncingf
Flight distance : 58832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had several issues today with the Wifi / Controller and even had a crash a result.

Flying with the remote in a field, and I was getting issues where the Spark would either stop responding and stop in the air -- with no way to move it -- OR the remote instructions would be delayed getting to it.

A simple test was just rotating the Spark with the controller stick -- it would keep stopping instead of being fluid -- as if the signal was intermittent -- I was a few meters from it.

The crash happened as it was flying back toward me, and tried to move it away from a hedge and it just turned and flew straight into it -- I couldn't stop it. The flight record shows my stick positions were the OPPOSITE to what it was doing.

After I got it back I flew on wifi from phone and it was fine. I then flew it again on the remote and it seemed to be behaving.

Then got home, charged and tried in the garden and again had the same issues -- at one point it started flying backwards and full speed!

Re-connected the controller and it seemed ok -- was also fine inside.
Wondering what the hell is going on
2017-6-19
Use props
jasonkneen
Flight distance : 58832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jason.bouncingf Posted at 2017-6-19 08:11
Had several issues today with the Wifi / Controller and even had a crash a result.

Flying with the remote in a field, and I was getting issues where the Spark would either stop responding and stop in the air -- with no way to move it -- OR the remote instructions would be delayed getting to it.

Following up from this and reading some other posts, I've successfully connected the USB > Lightning cable from the Mavic from the controller to my iPhone 7 and 1000% better -- no lag as no wifi from phone to controller, and now performs great.
2017-6-19
Use props
fans5005e7ab
New
United States

Hi,
My Spark does not show up on the list of available wifi connections either. I've tries holding down the power button for both 6 seconds and 9 seconds, however, the aircraft does not beep. Any suggestions on how to get it to connect?  I am trying to connect it to DJI Go 4 (version 4.1.2) on a iphone 7.

Thanks,
Jeff
2017-6-19
Use props
vonKessel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1378888 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have same issues, it doesn't show up wifi, neither with 6 or 9 seconds, I have iPhone 7 Plus and DJI go 4.1.2 (2901)
2017-6-19
Use props
fans8b7378bd
lvl.1
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-15 14:32
The thing I found was that IF you have the Remote Control, you want to flip it over and take the WiFi and Password from the Remote Controller, not the Spark AC.

DJI links the RC to the AC at the factory.  If you want to fly with the Remote Control and your phone / tablet, this is the correct way to do it.

Thanks for explaining the step where one has to connect to the RC Wifi SSID  which is labelled behind instead of the mobile device wifi. I spent couple of hours trying to figure that out until I saw this post. I wonder why this is not mentioned in any of the literature. I was chatting with tech support at DJI for nearly two hours and he was not able to figure out this simple procedure and I kept asking him about the RC Wifi SSID and he instead advised me that they will send a replacement. DJI makes amazing products but there after sales/tech support is not upto the mark. But anyways thank you and happy flying.
2017-6-19
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

I just got mine... Every time I turn it off i need to reset WiFi settings (3beeps ,9s power button pressing) i can't figure it out... Changed SSID and password didn't help
2017-6-20
Use props
fans612a96d5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120069 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-15 14:32

Thank you, thank you!! Not obvious that there is another password on underside of RC>\.
2017-6-20
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Glad it worked for you.  Happy Flying!
2017-6-20
Use props
fans4989502f
New

Germany

I have the same problem: Every time I turn it off i need to reset WiFi settings (3beeps ,9s power button pressing) .
If i had change the SSID and the Paswort, every thing has reset to the factory one.
This can not be ok. Please help.
Regards Achim
2017-6-20
Use props
stacycobb.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474551 ft
United States

fans5005e7ab Posted at 2017-6-19 16:38
Hi,
My Spark does not show up on the list of available wifi connections either. I've tries holding down the power button for both 6 seconds and 9 seconds, however, the aircraft does not beep. Any suggestions on how to get it to connect?  I am trying to connect it to DJI Go 4 (version 4.1.2) on a iphone 7.

I've been flying for 5 years and I've only had one crash until I got the Spark.  Crashed it into the ceiling.  Crashed it into the wall and luckily was able to save it from flying off at full speed with return to home on the remote.  

It's clearly an issue with the wifi interfering with the remote when you have it connected to the iPhone.  So frustrating.  Can't see what the camera sees without it and it is completely useless because of lack of control with it.  

How did you connect it with the lightning cable?

Thanks, for any help.

Stacy
2017-6-20
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

Having to reset WiFi settings every time i start the drone is i think a defect . Can i have a replay from DJI staff if i need to return the spark or it will be repaird with software update in upcoming days (not months) ?
2017-6-20
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.4

United States

stacycobb.gmail Posted at 2017-6-20 16:28
I've been flying for 5 years and I've only had one crash until I got the Spark.  Crashed it into the ceiling.  Crashed it into the wall and luckily was able to save it from flying off at full speed with return to home on the remote.  

It's clearly an issue with the wifi interfering with the remote when you have it connected to the iPhone.  So frustrating.  Can't see what the camera sees without it and it is completely useless because of lack of control with it.  

Oops...This reply was meant for @stacycobb.gmail

You will need an OT Cable (see link below).

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id= ... 01%2Fpage-3&xtz=240
2017-6-21
Use props
fansb77449ae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634 ft
Denmark

Does anyone know if this is a firmware or hardware issue?
2017-6-21
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb77449ae Posted at 2017-6-21 14:22
Does anyone know if this is a firmware or hardware issue?

Someone over on the Spark Pilots forum spoke with DJI and they (DJI) confirmed it was a firmware issue. See post#6

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=h ... lOe8YT8adnuZHA0MyY3
2017-6-21
Use props
fans9cb8bf7b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11946 ft
Philippines

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-20 13:05
I just got mine... Every time I turn it off i need to reset WiFi settings (3beeps ,9s power button pressing) i can't figure it out... Changed SSID and password didn't help

I have exact same issue, what mobile phone do you use? Mine is Xiaomi Mi3
2017-6-21
Use props
fansb77449ae
lvl.1
Denmark

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-21 14:24
Someone over on the Spark Pilots forum spoke with DJI and they (DJI) confirmed it was a firmware issue. See post#6

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsparkpilots.zone%2Fthreads%2Fyesterday-today-my-spark-wont-broadcast-its-ssid.263%2F%23post-2578&h=ATNayZuka1EdR8tqZ4vyycnRIkPrGFD4e8HDUEr_cRhqslv0qwor11Cl5dUgvoixcVsHB8QsrV6vMdv-kiJwVqr25olraK99xr0yTdJUR1jmJV5X_1ArjK25zlOe8YT8adnuZHA0MyY3

A fix for the SSID not showing up or the controller issue?
2017-6-21
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

But this is defenetly a firmware bug on the spark and its got nothing to do with the controller because people having a problem with the connecting spark to smartphone . I got so far no help from DJI , we chat for an hour and i was ask to perform firmware update by DJI Assistant . I did check and spark is not showing in available network on any device (tablets / PC / smartphones)
So it's not ONLY iPhone and its not related to RC.
2017-6-21
Use props
fansb77449ae
lvl.1
Denmark

Judging by how many have clicked this thread, Its a pretty big issue.
2017-6-21
Use props
fansb767f654
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-17 18:39
Donalbain, I'm sorry to hear that. May I have the version of DJI Go 4 and model of your mobile device? What is the error message in APP? Is it 'Disconnected'?

I am having the exact same problem. However, I can get it to connect if I restart the drone (and reset drone wifi) and my phone many times. At some point the DJI Go randomly works and sometimes not. I am connected to the spark but app does not recognize it. I am using a OnePlus 3T phone with newest OS and newest DJI Go app. Spark is also updated to newest firmware. Please advise.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansb77449ae Posted at 2017-6-21 21:53
A fix for the SSID not showing up or the controller issue?

I would imagine that a new firmware update would be all inclusive.
2017-6-22
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

Here is the background of the SSID problem https://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html
2017-6-22
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

stacycobb.gmail Posted at 2017-6-20 16:28

That makes 2 of us.

I am really disappointed in the Spark. The documentation is appalling for those of us that bought the Controller.

If you buy the controller you Cannot Fly with the phone only as the SSID of the Aircraft is not available as it was bound in the factory to the controller. You can only connect your smartphone to the Remote Control. So the aircraft has to be on and the Control powered up and linked.

My first flight after I registered.

Powered up in the kitchen OK. gave it just enough throttle to lift off, and then released the throttle.

It kept ascending even though I pulled the throttle to 0. It went up to the roof and then ate the paint off the ceiling. Holding the throttle fully down after about 15 seconds it started to descend and landed.

Second Flight.

Managed to gingerly lift off and hold at about 500mm I used aileron to move sideways both ways about 6 inches.

The aileron had no effect it just hovered but I could rotate and very gently use elevator to nudge it back and forward. Aileron still not working. The back stoped working when stick movement was less that 80%. I Increased stick to 100% back and it shot off towards the wall. I gave it full forward but it did nothing. It continued till it crashed into the wall and flipped. t least it stopped the props then. No real damage done.

Gave up trying to fly indoors.

Flight 3 front lawn and roadway.

It took off and hovered OK and I could fly it around. But the big issue is:

The Remote stops communicating with the model. You end up with up to 10 seconds off control lag.

I started flying down the street and it just keeps on going I managed to stop it after about 5 seconds.

I fly it back to me and hovered in front and tried Left and Right aileron. I tried moving it 3 feet both ways.

It is almost impossible to fly precisely. It will move and full control reversal will not stop it for seconds at a time. There is no way that you can fly in small increments. I moved the aileron to one side and it would not move until I gave it full movement. Then it took off and would not stop.

I then tried flying up the road turning around and flinging towards me.

I could not use aileron to correct but I could correct for wind with rudder?

Holding the elevator fully forward. It would fly towards me. Stop, Start again stop start agin. I can only assume due to RC link dropout.

DJI need to address the woeful control performance as it makes this model useless to fly with the RC control. As you cant use the Smartphone and turn off the remote to fly. It makes it just plain useless.

it sounds like you have the same problems as me.

And I fly 450 size 3d helicopters in my kitchen where I flew this, so my flying skills are not in question.

I hope they fix this soon, real soon. I guess we just need to lobby them here.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2017-6-22 04:47
That makes 2 of us.

I am really disappointed in the Spark. The documentation is appalling for those of us that bought the Controller.

This is definitely a recurring issue and every time a DJI Moderator responds, which is rarely, its the same response(s):  "What device are you flying with?", "Are you flying using 2.4 or 5.8 band"...blah, blah blah.  
2017-6-22
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 2017-6-22 04:47
That makes 2 of us.

Ok an Update to this.

I have been searching around and found a few clues.

I have just tried the Spark in the kitchen it flew perfectly. Even managed to play ceiling fan over the missus while she was watching TV by hovering over her head. The collision avoidance is now working and you can fly very precisely with the remote.

Managed to shoot some video, no lag in the video feed either. not like before.

So if you own a Mavic, here is the answer. Use the USB cable supplied with the Mavic.

Don't connect your smartphone via WiFi connect it direct.

If you don't own a Mavic search for the correct cable and buy one. DJI should be shipping these standard on all Combo shipments. The Mavic cable is too short for my 6S Plus and iPad Mini so I am off to search for the right cable for them.

Don't try and fly Wifi until DJI find a solution. The Wifi explanation linked earlier in this thread is quite enlightening. I assume gesture mode works. Not quite ready to try that yet.

I am glad i did my first flight indoors. I suspect I may have had a fly away if it was outdoors and no ceiling to stop it.
2017-6-22
Use props
daveio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1890 ft
United Kingdom

I worked out the reasoning behind this. It's down to wifi region settings and DFS. Details in this post.
2017-6-26
Use props
danangvai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341 ft
Indonesia

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-20 13:05

i have some problem
i always reset wifi when i fly
when beep twice wifi not found

can anyone help ?
2017-7-9
Use props
Mephisto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

same problem here
2017-7-17
Use props
Mephisto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm having exactly the same problem.

Bought a spark in the UK, got a Onpelus 5, oneplus 1 and a Nexus 9, all devices can't see the drone wifi after it is switched off and then back on. The only way around is to reset it to factory settings using the power button pressed for 9 second.
2017-7-17
Use props
Mephisto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

no reply from support by email so far
2017-7-18
Use props
Booyaches
Flight distance : 108419 ft
Poland

I can see that the posts in this thread are over one month old and that worries me. Is there a final resolution for this problem? I received my Spark just yesterday and I battled with activating it for almost an our. I fixed it with "2-beep" method. Unfortunately  For some reason, now I can't connect it even with "2-beeps" method, my Spark's SSID is not showing up on any device. Is there any update available that fixes the problem? This is my first drone ever and I am very disappointed. Should I return it or do you think they'll fix it? This is also my first product from DJI so I don't really know how they are.
2017-7-26
Use props
Only1Stilly
lvl.1
United Kingdom

To Booyaches, you need to hold the power button for 9 seconds or you hear 3 beeps. This resets the sparks WiFi to the 2.4 GHz channel. Just stay in your WiFi list on your phone until you see your spark pop up. Then select
2017-7-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules