976 4 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a phantom 4 pro. I'm considering the spark just for its portability. I know the mavic is close etc.

I like to make 'behind the scenes' films for my YouTube channnel when I do shoots. Mainly I used a GoPro and perhaps some iPhone footage.

The quality of the spark is of course nothing like the phantom but for me I'm thinking I could pop the spark up in the air. Grab some shots and get it down super fast and just to give me some 'different' types of shots and add in time more general interest to my BTS shoots.

So the question is more about the versatility of the spark. The P4P is a bit big to take everywhere. The spark and of course the mavic are very portable BUT for me it would be the idea that the spark attracts less attention and so I'd be able to shoot stuff more subtly.

I assume it's noisy- not as noisy as the p4p/ mavic but it is discrete enough?

Does it fly ok indoors? Better than the other dji range? It's small size is more agile and ok inside?

If I pulled the spark out would it draw attention? Flying it not stupid high and letting it follow me. I'm thinking that it looks like a toy drone and less likely to result in issues. I'd take the quality hit for the portability.

What do you all think?
2017-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you are answering your own questions, I think if quality of camera in stills and video is of reasonable quality i.e. You tube then it will be worth having.
The portability is obvious no brainer everything in small bag lightweight, noise I am expecting it to be a bit quieter than the Mavic which is a lot less than phantom.
Will it attract attention I think it will but it's small enough not to create any fear, it still has a camera so you might get a few oddballs thinking your intruding on their privacy but you can't please everyone all the time?
I think now that it's out there it will really bug you when you go somewhere and see something and you will find yourself thinking if only I had the dam spark I wouldn't miss that shot or film.
So I think the fact that it's out there it's going to bug you until you get it.
Good luck.
2017-6-16
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know the answer really but what is nibbling at me is the overall image quality an limiting myself instead of getting the mavic BUT the old adage that the best camera is the one you have with you seems to be ringing true here. I would rather get something than nothing and if the situation would allow for a Mavic the Phantom would be fine.
2017-6-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fun toy, but you could make it work maybe for some things... I will not use it for pro work personally

Rich
2017-6-16
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-16 21:17
Fun toy, but you could make it work maybe for some things... I will not use it for pro work personally

Rich

I'm not planning on using it for Pro work - just some self promotional stuff.
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules