Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any tips on cleaning ND filters?
1236 7 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

It seems one of my kids couldn't resist putting her greasy little nose pickers on my lense. But, like so many things, DJI failed to cover the care and maintenance of what made the Inspire worth buying. So.... If anyone would shed some light on this for us all that would be greatly appreciated!!
2015-3-13
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

You can pick up a bottle of lens cleaner at any photographic supply store. But my understanding is its just overpriced isopropyl alcohol. you just want to be sure to use a soft cloth like a micro fiber type so as to not scratch or damage the coated surfaces.
2015-3-13
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Nikon Spray Lens Cleaner and a Lens Cloth, The actual name escapes me right now but the cloth is re-usable. I get the cleaning supplies from B&H Photo. If it is good for a $5K Lens it is good for a filter. It also works well on your phone an tablet.
2015-3-14
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Thanks folks! There seems to be differing opinions on lens cleaning out there, is it because the cleansers can remove the coatings?
2015-3-14
Use props
johnmont250
lvl.3

United States

lens pen, best by far....youll never use anything else once you try em
2015-3-14
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

As far as boogers  go i was always told "pick it, lick it, roll it, flick it". Your kids picked it, next step is yours dude.

Hope this helps, Happy flying!
2015-3-14
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

I've got a lens pen, for me it's good for quick touch ups in the field. But if you have to wash the dishes and clear the boogsers lens pen is too slow and can get clogged up. I like to use it jus for spot removal of small smudges or dust spots.
2015-3-14
Use props
Custerboy
lvl.1

United States

Be sure to spray the cleaner on the cloth, not the lens. Ever. The alcohol can easily get between elements and wreak havoc. I know the ND filters are a single lens, but it's good to get the process established early.
2015-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules