Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Assistant and Dead Gimbal
1695 7 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HertsFlyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just bought a 2nd Hand Vision plus to train with before I get a P4.

The drone was advertised as working and tested, the camera works but this Gimbal has failed since a firmware update.

I have read loads of posts about dead gimbals and cameras, the ribbon looks undamaged and the drone is spotless.

I took the cover off and the screw lock clue was still intact so looks like it was the first time it was take off.

I have completed a master reset and loaded the new software, the gimbal still doesnt move.

One thing I have noticed, is I have download the latest version of the assistant software 3.8 from the P2 vision plus page on the DJi for windows.

When I load the assistant the top title bar says Phantom 2, Not Phantom 2 Vison plus? the drone select tab does not have the vision2 listed?

Any ideas please?

2017-6-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My program is called DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant. ver 3.8  It works for both my Vision and my Vision Plus.  But the exe file itself is called phantom2.exe.  And yeah, after you go to run the program, it says Phantom 2 everywhere.  So it appears you have the correct program.  
2017-6-16
Use props
HertsFlyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-6-16 08:38
My program is called DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant. ver 3.8  It works for both my Vision and my Vision Plus.  But the exe file itself is called phantom2.exe.  And yeah, after you go to run the program, it says Phantom 2 everywhere.  So it appears you have the correct program.

I think I better send it for a service to make sure its all ok, Not many dji approved repairs near me in the UK
2017-6-16
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The top bar should say Vision + as my screen shots in the other thread you commented on.
In the Vision app what firmware have you for the Phantom / Camera / app ?
Is the PT2 Assistant working, other than saying its a basic Phantom 2 ?
2017-6-16
Use props
HertsFlyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-6-16 12:52
The top bar should say Vision + as my screen shots in the other thread you commented on.
In the Vision app what firmware have you for the Phantom / Camera / app ?
Is the PT2 Assistant working, other than saying its a basic Phantom 2 ?

The Assistant loads ok, the top title says Phantom 2

It allows the calibrations of the control etc and updates all the other firmware ok.

But theres nothing for the gimbal or camera, under the updates the gimbal's not listed.

The camera has the green flashing light, it takes an update via the sd card,  as the file gets renamed.

Could it be the camera/Gimbal has a fault and its not detecting it? I was told it was only after an update?

2017-6-17
Use props
HertsFlyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HertsFlyer Posted at 2017-6-17 03:43
The Assistant loads ok, the top title says Phantom 2

It allows the calibrations of the control etc and updates all the other firmware ok.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154926561147054&set=pb.608552053.-2207520000.1497700515.&type=3&theater
2017-6-17
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I guess that as its not detecting the ZEN IMU that's why the assistant shows a basic Phantom 2.
Unfortunately I gave my V+ to my brother-in-law for Christmas, so I cant do any tests.
Hopefully someone will be able to help you on here.
Good luck...
2017-6-17
Use props
HertsFlyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-6-17 06:36
I guess that as its not detecting the ZEN IMU that's why the assistant shows a basic Phantom 2.
Unfortunately I gave my V+ to my brother-in-law for Christmas, so I cant do any tests.
Hopefully someone will be able to help you on here.

Thanks Appreciate the help
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules