Batteries Cracked and DJI Will do Nothing!
1454 11 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miphotoguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1498885 ft
United States

All 3 of my Mavic Pro Batteries are Cracked at some level.  DJI said out of luck because our of warranty by 1 month.  Really?  Sorry but this is matter of customer service that they must correct.  This isn't a crashed drone issue or missuse.  It isn't a year later and it doesn't have a crazy number of cycles.   It is clearly a defect in the plastic on the batteries.   It would not cost them that much to replace these batteries under warranty and have a customer for life.  SAD....

Cracked battery

Cracked battery
2017-6-16
Use props
miphotoguy
lvl.1
United States

Funny thing is they replaced my Phantom 3Pro for free when it went crazy and crashed but they won't replace batteries?  Come on DJI!
2017-6-16
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you put a bunch of cycles on them, you may not feel so pi$$ed. I have a couple of cracked ones too. They did seem to crack right on cue with the warranty running out. We are SOL.
2017-6-16
Use props
miphotoguy
lvl.1
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-6-16 09:53
If you put a bunch of cycles on them, you may not feel so pi$$ed. I have a couple of cracked ones too. They did seem to crack right on cue with the warranty running out. We are SOL.

I hear you.
2017-6-16
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

That is why i bought my last DJI product ever, about 7 months ago. Unfortunately they wont be getting a single $ from me anymore or from anyone that i know.
2017-6-16
Use props
miphotoguy
lvl.1
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-6-16 10:11
That is why i bought my last DJI product ever, about 7 months ago. Unfortunately they wont be getting a single $ from me anymore or from anyone that i know.

What do you fly?
2017-6-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

This is a very common problem.  Yours is a LOT worse than mine, but there have been prior threads on this and even some that were reported showing bulges right out of the box.  Mine has only two minor high spots that have small cracks around them.  I'm not worried about it.  It isn't hurting a thing.  Yours seems to be the most extreme that I've seen posted.
2017-6-16
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

Are you guys leaving the batteries fully charged all the time?
2017-6-16
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never left a battery charged overnight.  Stored in a case and only see the light of day when charging or flying. Only in the sun when flying. Never left in a hot car.
2017-6-16
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Have there been occasions when the batteries have gone from a warm environment to a very cold environment. I tend to think that it may be changes in temperature that is causing the cracks.
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The warranty period of the battery is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. We are so sorry to say that we are not able to provide warranty service if the product is out of warranty period. Hope you can understand the situation.
2017-6-17
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-17 03:58
The warranty period of the battery is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. We are so sorry to say that we are not able to provide warranty service if the product is out of warranty period. Hope you can understand the situation.

I really hope these batteries start exploding and start catching fires...only then DJI will take responsibility for the defect with their products. This is not new, this is Dji's usual quality issues which go way back to phantom 3 days... cracking body shells, cracking remote controllers, power loss mid flight, and now crashing batteries...
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules