Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Fly More RC not very responsive at all
1286 4 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jestered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16112 ft
United States

I'm not sure what's happening, but I received my Spark Fly More today and got it all set up.  I only had enough time this evening to take it out and up a couple of times.  Both times I found the RC to really be bothersome.  I could not get the RC to start a video recording and had to hit the record button on my iPhone screen to get it started.  I also could not get the RTH button on the RC to do anything at all.  Finally, I took the Spark straight up above me about 100ft and tilted the camera down (using a button assignment), then when I tried to get the camera to tilt upwards again, using the same button on the RC, it would not do anything at all.  All movement of the craft through the RC worked fine, so I'm not sure why the buttons appear to not work very well as far as being responsive.

Any one else experience this with their Fly More RC?  I would expect there to be a lot of p'd off people if the RC simply worked the way mine currently does, and I haven't seen complaints about it, so I'm assuming this isn't the norm.  Can someone confirm this isn't normal?  And what I may try to resolve it.  I'm hoping it's not a situation where I'll need to return the RC or the Spark.  

TIA!
2017-6-16
Use props
fanse68362f0
New
United States

similar issues.  calibrating the compass i have to do 3-4 times because it will do nothing after hitting start.  Flying movents are delayed or ignored.  Video cuts in and out.  When i shutoff the app and just use the controller it flies great.  it's feels like it is using a wifi connection when the app is running.  (using an iphone).

Jim
2017-6-17
Use props
Jestered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16112 ft
United States

I think it may be the wifi connection that's being crowded and causing the problem.  It's been confirmed that you can connect the phone to the RC using the USB port on the RC and can skip the wifi connection all together.  I'm going to go pick up the cables needed to do so and give it a shot.
2017-6-17
Use props
fanse68362f0
New
United States

Solved my issues.  I switched to my iPad and had no issues, went back to my iPhone and continued to have latency issues.  I removed my iPhone case and all problems went away.  I'm using an iPhone branded leather case.

Jim
2017-6-18
Use props
MartyF81
New
United States

I found that turning off Obstacle Avoidance made a different for me. It was seeing everything around it as an obstacle to avoid because I was in my back yard and was too close to house and other things.

I have found the camera reaction time to be slow and laggy....  I am going to try and find a farm/field etc... tomorrow to try in a more open space with less WiFi interference.
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules