Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles - battery issue (doesn't charge)
17236 23 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic_cerveteri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 988166 ft
Italy

Hi there,
I can not charge the Goggles batteries anymore!
I've started to charge when battery was 70%.
Now the charging led is always RED (even after several hours of charge) and the battery is less than 10% and only one green led blinks.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Fab
2017-6-17
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you try different charger (iphone/ipad or samsung charger which has output 5v)
If you can charge the goggles witn different charger than goggles charger has problem, if you you can't then the goggles battery has problem. Contact the seller or DJI for repair/replacement
My goggles charger could not charge the goggle so I did contact the seller and they has told me that it will be replacement under warranty. Good luck
2017-6-17
Use props
mavic_cerveteri
lvl.4
Italy

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-17 01:36
Have you try different charger (iphone/ipad or samsung charger which has output 5v)
If you can charge the goggles witn different charger than goggles charger has problem, if you you can't then the goggles battery has problem. Contact the seller or DJI for repair/replacement
My goggles charger could not charge the goggle so I did contact the seller and they has told me that it will be replacement under warranty. Good luck

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I've tried three different chargers and cables (including USB out of the Mavic charger) without success :-(((
I think the my goggles battery doesn't work.
2017-6-17
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Contact the seller or DJI to get it repair/replace as soon as possible
Good luck
2017-6-17
Use props
UKBananas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56506 ft
United States

I also cannot charge my DJI goggles. They won't move off one bar. I have left them overnight on three seperate occassions - and tried different cables and wall chargers. There seems to be a problem with the bettery itself. I am communicating with support.
2017-6-23
Use props
mavic_cerveteri
lvl.4
Italy

UKBananas Posted at 2017-6-23 06:58
I also cannot charge my DJI goggles. They won't move off one bar. I have left them overnight on three seperate occassions - and tried different cables and wall chargers. There seems to be a problem with the bettery itself. I am communicating with support.

I contacted DJI support, started up the RMA process.
2017-6-23
Use props
UKBananas
lvl.1
United States

mavic_cerveteri Posted at 2017-6-23 08:46

I have done the same. Is it possible to replace the battery in the goggles? I'm guessing everyone will eventually have a similar story over time?
2017-6-25
Use props
UKBananas
lvl.1
United States

mavic_cerveteri Posted at 2017-6-23 08:46

I have done the same. Is it possible to replace the batteries in the DJI goggles?
2017-6-25
Use props
hengheng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136001 ft
China

Did you charge goggles with power on?
2017-6-26
Use props
mavic_cerveteri
lvl.4
Italy

hengheng Posted at 2017-6-26 02:57

I know we should do not charge with power on, but may it burn the goggles?
2017-6-26
Use props
mavic_cerveteri
lvl.4
Italy

hengheng Posted at 2017-6-26 02:57

Moreover, I use to update firmwares with Assistant, so the goggles are powered on and charging, inevitably!
2017-6-26
Use props
hengheng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136001 ft
China

It won't burn the goggles.
The power consumption seems faster than the charging if the googles are powered on
2017-6-26
Use props
mavic_cerveteri
lvl.4
Italy

I've got the Goggles back from the repair service. Now the goggles battery charge correctly! DJI replaced the "Headband Module".

In this case the DJI support has been wonderful!
2017-7-10
Use props
fansd502b716
lvl.3
United States

I just returned my brand new never used Goggles tonight because they do not charge. I only hope they fix mine and return them like new. My biggest fear is they will send me someone else's used junk they fixed.
2017-8-16
Use props
fans064538f9
New
United States

Have fun getting them back anytime soon,I had ordered the goggles and when they arrived I turned them on and it had dead pixels so I let them know the next day about it and they had me  do a firmware update and then a redo the firmware update and then they tried to have me do it again lol and soo I sent them back and I told them I want a exchange since it was with in 2 days of me owning them,I emailed them that I want a new pair sent to me not a refurb/repaired one, since I paid for new dji goggles not a refurb price. Well after I complained because it took over a month with no email on a update and every time I speak to someone at dji they always tell a different story to delay the exchange or delivery time it looks like the are sending me goggles and looks like they are coming from the damn repair sender!! Well I Will update on what they send me tomorrow. All this headache.... this will be the last time I buy from this company if they sent me refurb/repaired goggles.
2017-8-22
Use props
fans064538f9
New
United States

Have fun getting them back anytime soon,I had ordered the goggles and when they arrived I turned them on and it had dead pixels so I let them know the next day about it and they had me  do a firmware update and then a redo the firmware update and then they tried to have me do it again lol and soo I sent them back and I told them I want a exchange since it was with in 2 days of me owning them,I emailed them that I want a new pair sent to me not a refurb/repaired one, since I paid for new dji goggles not a refurb price. Well after I complained because it took over a month with no email on a update and every time I speak to someone at dji they always tell a different story to delay the exchange or delivery time it looks like the are sending me goggles and looks like they are coming from the damn repair sender!! Well I Will update on what they send me tomorrow. All this headache.... this will be the last time I buy from this company if they sent me refurb/repaired goggles.
2017-8-22
Use props
Dennismacdonal
New

United States

Are you trying with the charge port on the googles or a separate charger.
I had that problem with my OSMO  but when I got a separate it did charge it may be too smart for its own charge system.
2017-8-22
Use props
djiuser_zaVLdnn2h6RX
lvl.1
United States

You must use the charger that came with the Goggles.  It is a 3 amp charger, most chargers are 2 amp.
2018-9-3
Use props
FunnyMoose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52024 ft
United States

djiuser_zaVLdnn2h6RX Posted at 2018-9-3 07:54
You must use the charger that came with the Goggles.  It is a 3 amp charger, most chargers are 2 amp.

Fellow Drone Pilots,

I came across an issue with my Goggles charging two weeks ago in Langkawi, Malaysia, after reviewing this form I have found several other pilot with the same issue. After reviewing some great post and thinking about it and how batteries charge and after just completing a DYI solar system for my cabin I started looking through the DJI manuals and came up with what I have posted below. I am sure this will not cure all but a good place to

My you props always be on the sunny side and happy Piloting

In short DJI Batteries as SMART batteries and charge in three stages

*Bulk 0 to 70% charge level
*absorb 70 to 92%
* Float 92 to 100%

These are only ball park numbers and each batteries and chargers will have its own recommended charge stages. The charge Voltage vs AMP for the RE Goggle's battery  is in the Goggle Manuel.
Short story
*Make sure to use the same Power cord and adapter that came with the goggles
*If you replace the Power adapter ensure that the replacement has a 3 stage charger as per the recommended DJI Goggle batteries Votls Vs Amp

Folks this is my first reply to a post I hope it helps and please see below,

Battery Features
Battery Level Display: The LED indicators display the current battery level.
2.     Auto-Discharging  Function:  To  prevent  swelling,  the  battery  automatically  discharges  to  less  than  
60% of the maximum battery level when it is idle for more than 10 days. It takes approximately three
to four days to discharge the battery to 65%. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from
the battery during the discharging process.
Balanced Charging: During charging, the voltages of the battery cells are automatically balanced.
4.   Overcharge Protection: The battery stops charging automatically once fully charged.
5.   Temperature Detection: The battery only charges when the temperature is between 41° and 104° F (5°
and 40° C).
6.   Overcurrent Protection: The battery stops charging if an excess current is detected.
7.   Over-discharge Protection: Discharging stops automatically to prevent excess discharge.
Short Circuit Protection: The power supply is automatically cut if a short circuit is detected.
9.   Battery Cell Damage Protection: DJI GO 4 displays a warning message when a damaged battery cell
is detected.
10.    Hibernation Mode: The battery switches off after 20 minutes of inactivity to save power. If the
battery level is less than 10%, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge. In
Hibernation mode, the battery level indicators do not illuminate. Charge the battery to wake it from
hibernation.
Communication: Information about the battery's voltage, capacity, and current is transmitted to the
aircraft.
2019-1-18
Use props
fans266a6c39
lvl.1
Australia

I had similar issues with the goggles and disconnected the head band that holds the battery and the head set re connected the charger to the head band and then the googles and it start to charge. cheers  
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_MCOJWHNmv6TY
New

Algeria

Hi,
I would suggest contacting your seller or in any case that you bought it from Dji kindly contact Dji support for better assistance.
2019-1-25
Use props
Hnisoprsk
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi, does anybody know what battery is in RE goggles? Is it replacable? I´ve got issue with that - when I charge the battery in the evening to 100%, in the morning the battery has 70% only. And when using the goggles at 50% of battery goggles starts to switch off.
2021-11-23
Use props
delfin2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170869 ft
Russia

I also had a problem with goggles not charging. Turns out, I didn't plug them in tight enough. Make sure the two parts are snug together well!
2021-11-26
Use props
ixmaninc
lvl.1

United States

I just got mine from Amazon (refurb) and I don't think that it holds a charge, either. I do notice that the charging light will start out blinking normally and then start blinking rapidly. I'm not sure what that is, but likely an error of some kind?
2022-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules