Spark and Pixel XL (possibly others) wifi disappearance
1234Next >
41344 128 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Contadorbg
New
Bulgaria

From Bulgaria same problem. Zero seconds flying... I can't find spark after update ...big disappointed. I am waiting for quickly solution or will back this peace of sh...
2017-8-4
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
United States

DJI can you please fix it! This is embarrassing that I have to reset wifi every time I want to use it with my phone.
2017-8-4
Use props
djiuser_Brk51qw
lvl.4
Slovakia

I have same problem, i am very angry. Much money for this rubbish! Please, let you know to us, what you well be do with this big problem.  Thx
2017-8-4
Use props
RedSunset
New

Germany

same Problem here in Germany ... this feature really disable the gesture feature at all because you are not able to connect the app with your spark after the palm launch ...
2017-8-4
Use props
RedSunset
New

Germany

any official comment would be nice so we all know when the update for this major issue is coming ...
2017-8-5
Use props
Pakhold
New

Czechia

I would like to share my experiance with first time startup of Spark. First connection between Spark(without remote) and my phone(Yotaphone 2) after buying was also the last connection without nessesity of searching in this forum. At first it appeared 99% stuck during fw upgrade(01.00.0500) and next came 2,4/5GHz radio switching.

Connection(and even visibility of Spark network) has been posible only after 9sec reset and switch to 2,4GHz. So I tried to find Spark network with my Dell Venue Win tablet and there has been visible(and connectable) network on 5GHz(channel 149).

After few restarts and charging battery I made another atempt to make connection between Spark and phone. Deleted cache in DJI Go app, fake GPS to US, VPN to US, made new registration, VPN off, connected(2,4GHz) with Spark, renamed SSID, fake GPS off, turned off and on, and voila. Spark remains in 2,4GHz. Tried several on/off connection cycles under the same condition in busy 2,4GHz area. Spark changing channels but freq still remaining 2,4GHz.

I'm not pretty sure what exactly made change, or maybe DJI made secret update, or it is only uncommonly behavior. All in all, that's my experience with this issue that might help someone before DJI make update.
2017-8-11
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Got my Spark in the US and had happily been connecting to it with my phone (Lenovo P2) but now that I'm back in Europe I can only connect to it if I do a WiFI reset (9 seconds/3 beeps) to force 2.4. Currently looking for a way to unlock the missing 5.8 frequencies on my rooted P2 !
2017-8-15
Use props
djiuser_gXIV3et
New
United Kingdom

Same issue here in the UK. So frustrating having to reset everyone! It is not designed behaviour and really should have been fixed by now considering the time elapsed since it was first brought to your attention. Shame on you DJI!
2017-8-17
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Dji!! Where is the fix for this problem???? We are waiting too long!!!! Dji coughs on customers in the EU!! I have information from Dji importer in my country that the EU is on the last place Dji interested. EU is to small market for Dji supposedly. So our problems are resolved on last place... Shame Dji!!
2017-8-19
Use props
GarethDPhillips
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79816 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting Post, thank you for all the contributors who have provided some quality diagnosis of this problem. When I first unboxed my Spark (Fly More) and updated the firmware (UK) I lost connection and at some stage, after having initially been OK, and it was driving me crazy. I have the Pixel, and I had to use my Wife's iPhone 7 to validate that the WiFi was actually broadcasting.

I never connect to the Spark directly (as I have the controller) but the problem presumably exhibits itself in a slightly different way; I cant connect to the controller initially, as the pixel cant see it, but if I turn it off and then on again, it does work. Basically it never works first time, but works after a power cycle. Once connected, I start the Spark up.

I find that the video and control is terrible using WiFi, to the extent that this thing is borderline unusable, so I use an OTG cable, and its amazing the difference. I'm reading that this may be blocked in a later firmware, I cant think why they (DJI) would do that, but if they did, this product would be 50% as good.
2017-8-20
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

DJi i would liek to confirm i have this problem as well. I live in the UK and have just bought the tranmitter it is bound and works fine in 5.8ghz mode but when i try to change to 2.4ghz for longer range even in open areas with no wifi it will no longer connect with my phone to controller. No ssid is shown. A reset is the only thing that works. I am on an honor 6x on android. This seems to be a major problem. I bought my controller direct from dji and it will not work in any other mode than 5.8 so best range i can get is about 150m when it was bought to unlock 500m flying like my old phantom that i sold to buy this. I am not happy the others are not happy i have latest firmware and problem persists please either unlock fcc mode for us so we can at least get the range on 5.8 or fix the 2.4ghz bug .
this is not fair it is not a good product if it has a flaw so bad. #sparkgate
2017-8-22
Use props
Soureal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58136 ft
Germany

New Firmware released and still no fix for this major (EU) problem?
2017-8-23
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Soureal Posted at 2017-8-23 23:50
New Firmware released and still no fix for this major (EU) problem?

NO, problem still!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-8-24
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

I live in EU, using RC. my Spark is connecting to 5GHz only. Even if I chose 2.4GHz or Spark chose it befor start, it's changing to 5GHz.  There are no other WiFi around! Empty space, no interference, but Spark wants to fly in 5GHz. 200m range. That's  also the problem to solve for DJI. Let us to choose between 2.4 and 5GHz!
2017-8-24
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

I cant believe that DJI have not sorted this yet.
They haven't even had the common decency to acknowledge that we have this problem
I kind of wish I had bought something else now
I even went out and bought another tablet (that was on there recommended device list) of course that didn't work either, more money wasted
If I had known I would have to buy an Apple device for everything to work properly I would have still bought the spark, but I would have bought an Ipad before getting extra batteries, and the Remote. and another Android tablet.
DJI should be offering compensation if they cant fix this
they haven't even said that they will try to do something about it !!!!!!
2017-8-24
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-24 14:31
I cant believe that DJI have not sorted this yet.
They haven't even had the common decency to acknowledge that we have this problem
I kind of wish I had bought something else now

I agree with You.. But I don't want compensation... I want Spark will function as, the Dji say.. Spark is best drone, function perfect i no have problem, but only WiFi not work correct in EU... It is Annoying must use OTG and next cable etc..... In addition, it is not supported.

DJI,turn the problem up front and tell us how you will deal with it!!
2017-8-24
Use props
spline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45016 ft
Switzerland

any news?
2017-9-5
Use props
fans6c65823b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

after having downloading the latest firmware for the RC, it now won't appear on my wi fi settings! WTF
2017-9-5
Use props
fansb77449ae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1634 ft
Denmark

They are "working" on it, probably fixed in the next firmware.
2017-9-5
Use props
panosoiko
New
Greece

tnx it worked
2017-9-5
Use props
djiuser_Cp8FkeE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22664 ft

Italy

Hi, guys, yesterday i bought my brand new DJI Spark (I'm in italy), discovering this annoyng problem. Even with the latest firmware .600 the frequency problem has not benn fixed. It's oltrageous that a product that is sold for 599€ it's facing a stupid problem like that. i hope that it's only a firmware limitation, and that on next firmware update the problem will be fixed. Actually i'm wondering if there is something i can do (i'm using an android device) to lock the drone on 2.4ghz frequency.
2017-9-7
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

in addition to the info found in this thread, you can find other info about WiFi and regulatory domains I've been digging around in those threads :

Spark locked in US mode while I'm in EU
http://forum.dji.com/thread-110439-1-1.html

What regulatroy domain is your system on ?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-110891-1-1.html

These WifI regulation are a kind of hell... especially in E.U. but DJI should have anticipated this before choosing Wifi vs a proprietary link...
And the fact that even their "recommanded" phone version list is not exempt from the issues explained here and there is not acceptable.
This means that not everything was fully tested in every country.

Now if they are able to solve this is another point...
e.g. the 5.8 GHz channels used are allowed by E.U. rules, but not all E.U. countries have indeed implemented them (altought they should have)...
So if your phone sticks to a very straight interpretation of national rules, it will never allow the 5.8 GHz channel right now in some places.

e.g. in France, at time, the 5.8 GHz channels used by DJI (149 to 165) are NOT officially allowed, they are NOT in the regulatory domain matching "FR" code for any version of android or linux based OS (you can find additionnal info and links in the above threads)

DJI please communicate with more details about this issue and the facts that have been exposed.
2017-9-7
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Wonder when this is going to get fixed !
2017-9-9
Use props
Tapematch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122838 ft
Germany

I have the same problem here in Germany with my Redmi Note 3.
I asked DJI Support via Twitter and Email when this will get fixed.
If we won´t get a response there, I will ask DJI Support publicly on twitter.
If we get enough people to back this problem we hopefully will get an answer soon.
2017-9-12
Use props
Tapematch
lvl.1
Germany

Tapematch Posted at 2017-9-12 02:01

This is the reply I got on twitter:

Sorry, I do not have a time frame, but we've forwarded this to our engineers already, they are working on it now. Thank you for your feedback.
2017-9-12
Use props
jh8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Unfortunately that is still the same response we received 2 months ago.
I hope they are finally going to follow up on this, and will release a FW update soon that makes flying Spark in the EU (CE) fun again!
2017-9-12
Use props
Tapematch
lvl.1
Germany

Tapematch Posted at 2017-9-12 02:01

And this I got per Email:

Hello,

the R&D team is working on this issue.
The firmwareupdate should be available soon.

Thank you for your patience
2017-9-12
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

I hate to disappoint everyone but a firmware update will never fix this problem, as the problem is not with the app or the Spark.
If your mobile device cannot connect on 5.8Ghz channels 149 to 161 then the problem is the device.
I have spoken to a few guys on the droid forums about this and its mainly a hardware issue.
I gave up and bought an ipadmini 2 (even these are a bit underpowered as there A7 chips)
The Samsung Galaxy TabA 10.1 (and only the 10.1) dose work too but its a bit big
I went into a large electrical retailer (PC world) in UK and tested every Droid tab they had, didn't find any others that would connect on 5.8Ghz
Every one should do same and see if we can get a list of working devices together
I wont hold my breath though as I asked before and got nothing.
Give up or get an ipad , I know that sucks but so dose income tax and VAT
2017-9-12
Use props
TyronP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

why does the spark defaults to 5.8ghz on start up? im in the US
2017-9-12
Use props
fansb77449ae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1634 ft
Denmark

Spaners Posted at 2017-9-12 10:23
I hate to disappoint everyone but a firmware update will never fix this problem, as the problem is not with the app or the Spark.
If your mobile device cannot connect on 5.8Ghz channels 149 to 161 then the problem is the device.
I have spoken to a few guys on the droid forums about this and its mainly a hardware issue.

2017-9-15
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-23 03:11
I see this possibility that i use Palm lunch for a quick selfie , wave at it to go 3m up and than for some reason it cant read my gestures . At that point i cant connect to it because i cant reach it to reset the wifi. So it will sit there till the battery runs out and land or crash ? I am curies if someone had an issue that the drone didn't react to Bacon .

I had this 2 days ago. I didnt have time to connect to phone so i did palmlauch. While gesture-track mode dron lost my child and stayed at 3m. It didnt regonized gesture and ofc i couldnt connect to his wifi so w8ed untill battery drain and catched it while landing.. - this time it was easy, but if someone is in the middle of the lake or climbing mountain .. well gl   ..

For me Its really annoying cuz everything worked for me for 2 weeks after firmware update. Suddenly one day last week i noticed no wifi ssid on list. I found temporary solution on board - so each time i want to connect my Xperia, need to reset wifi ;/ But cant do this in gesture mode if dron is to high to reach battery button and i dodnt connect it to app before  ;/
2017-9-25
Use props
Caiokv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40869 ft
United States

Had a similar problem in Brazil.

Before firmware .400 I did not have the controller, so I only flew using my Nexus 6P, which was bought in the US. Then I got a controller and did not fly using my phone again.

Today I tried to fly using my phone, to show how it works to a friend, but now I have a Galaxy S8+, bought in Brazil, and I can't find my spark network.

Although I have not tried the 9 sec. method, I am pretty sure it will work, since the issues I have are rather similar to every other presented on the forum.

It is really disappointing to notice that DJI does not give a damn about its customers.
2017-9-29
Use props
EskildS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111650 ft
Norway

Any news about this?
2017-10-4
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

No, Dji coughs to his customers in EU!!
2017-10-4
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Spaners Posted at 2017-9-12 10:23

YOU ARE WRONG.
They can apply firmware update that will give a pilot choice on the settings menu , for the spark to stay on 2.4gHz band after reboot.
It's simple as that.
2017-10-4
Use props
fans4287815f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Well this is fun. I was going to buy the Mavic but DJI messed customers around so much and didn't seem overly interested in sorting out Android devices, so I decided to wait, see if they could get their act together.

Then they launched the Spark, which is perhaps more suitable for my jungle trekking and mountain climbing etc. But STILL they cock a leg on Android users?

There is simply no way on this planet or any other known planet that I'll buy an over-priced Macintosh product in order to use a DJI product.

Was debating with myself if this quarterly paycheck was going to buy me a Garmin GPS sports watch, a Spark or a new Canon camera.  So now it's a choice between the American watch or the Japanese camera... But the flying camera from China is no longer in the running.

DJI, when you can produce something like the spark but with better range and water resistant, which works properly with my Samsung phone, I'll probably buy it. But until then, your competition are getting better and my interest in a drone, any drone, is getting weaker.
2017-10-7
Use props
kev001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251778 ft
United Kingdom

.701 now allows 2.4ghz to be saved even after reboot.  However I still need OTG.  Slight improvement.
2017-10-31
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Really great work Dji!!!!!! We have new firmware but problem is still!!! Dji mods, please tell us, when Dji solve this problem????
2017-11-1
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

No help to EU users :-(
2017-11-1
Use props
fabio febelus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7198 ft
Italy

italy , oneplus 3 ... no way to use 2.4 ghz . i've another problem if i use 2.4 with otg cable the connection is very laggy...
2017-11-3
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules