Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Video Downlink Freezes and Green Screen . NEED URGENT HELP
12Next >
4303 59 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
will6224
Thailand

Ive noticed that im getting more and more problems with video downlink when flying. It first happened near the end of a flight but now its happening at anytime. Im not getting a stable image even though the signal shows full range. Ive tried both 4.8 and 5.2. But not luck.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to solve? I have the latest firmware, ive reset the drone to factory default and tried downgrade and app refresh and everything.

2017-6-17
Use props
J Zamora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288189 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, I have the same problem after updating yesterday...
2017-6-17
Use props
GrangerFX
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Is it possible that it is warmer outside than it was before the update? Green screen always means that my tablet is overheating in my experience. If your tablet or phone feels rather warm when using it as your screen, try chilling it in front of your car's AC vent for a couple of minutes and then try it again. If the green goes away, you know your device was overheating.
2017-6-17
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-6-17 08:42
Is it possible that it is warmer outside than it was before the update? Green screen always means that my tablet is overheating in my experience. If your tablet or phone feels rather warm when using it as your screen, try chilling it in front of your car's AC vent for a couple of minutes and then try it again. If the green goes away, you know your device was overheating.

Overheating of a device means something ... May be the DJI GO 4 app became more demanding of processing power. I have flights in 30C degrees before and it was not a problem at all. The issue started the recently with the latest updates (DJI GO 4 and firmware).
2017-6-17
Use props
GrangerFX
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-17 08:48
Overheating of a device means something ... May be the DJI GO 4 app became more demanding of processing power. I have flights in 30C degrees before and it was not a problem at all. The issue started the recently with the latest updates (DJI GO 4 and firmware).

This happened to me almost exactly one year ago. It got to be 100 degrees outside when I was flying with my iPad Mini 2. I got the same dropouts and green screen you are seeing. The main cause was the iPad getting hot in the sun and unable to get rid of enough heat. I was using mine with an official DJI sun shade but that means that the back of the iPad is covered by the soft material and unable to cool itself efficiently. Removing the sunshade made it even worse because now the iPad is in direct sunlight. When this happens, the iPad goes to low power mode and will eventually shut down entirely. Even my current iPhone 7 Plus will dim the screen when it gets hot.

Reading all the recent comments makes me think that DJI is being sloppy with its coding and wasiting CPU/GPU resources in its app. They are probably only testing the software indoors and on the latest devices and no one told them that they had to test the worst case scenarios (the oldest supported devices and outdoors on a hot day in direct sunlight).
2017-6-17
Use props
fibersnake
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104754 ft
United States

Well I had the same issue after I upgraded, and it had nothing to do with the tablet overheating.  It occurred in the house right off the bat no matter how many times I tried it, no matter how long it had cooled down, etc.  It only occurred after I did the latest firmware update.

Figured it was something with the firmware and after reading many of the threads on here, doing many reset, re-link,  re loads, etc.  No luck.  Finally downgrade back to prior firmware and everything was back to normal, no loss of video, no warnings, no green screen, just pure bliss.

So I am back to the previous firmware, will try again in a little while to upgrade to the latest and sees what happens.  If the same problem or new come up again, back to the previous firmware until DJI get their latest figured out and solid.  Other that all good and love the DJI 4P4 and have had no issue with the Firmware from April, only the one that came out a week or two ago.
2017-6-17
Use props
J Zamora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288189 ft
  • >>>
Spain

How can downgrade DJI GO 4 app in IOS?
2017-6-17
Use props
fans0c8159f7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511749 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. Signal loss and instability at short ranges green screen. I have an IPad mini 4 so the processor should be able to withstand the DJI Go 4 app. If I set my firmware back on the aircraft, how do I set it back for the rc?
2017-6-17
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

fans0c8159f7 Posted at 2017-6-17 10:38
I'm having the same issue. Signal loss and instability at short ranges green screen. I have an IPad mini 4 so the processor should be able to withstand the DJI Go 4 app. If I set my firmware back on the aircraft, how do I set it back for the rc?

HOW TO DOWNGRADE REMOTE CONTROLLER

2017-6-17
Use props
Sebi
First Officer
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

I have the same problem
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Sebi Posted at 2017-6-17 14:14
I have the same problem

I've responded to you on another thread. Further elaboration on your issue would be appreciated.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans0c8159f7 Posted at 2017-6-17 10:38

Did you notice this specifically after updating the RC, or was it the aircraft and Go app as well?
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fibersnake Posted at 2017-6-17 09:08
Well I had the same issue after I upgraded, and it had nothing to do with the tablet overheating.  It occurred in the house right off the bat no matter how many times I tried it, no matter how long it had cooled down, etc.  It only occurred after I did the latest firmware update.

Figured it was something with the firmware and after reading many of the threads on here, doing many reset, re-link,  re loads, etc.  No luck.  Finally downgrade back to prior firmware and everything was back to normal, no loss of video, no warnings, no green screen, just pure bliss.

Are you using the latest Go 4 app as well?
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OP, did you notice this after updating the firmware, or was it the Go app? Have you also tried the following button combinations to ensure that the AC and RC are communicating properly?

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the RC, and leave the aircraft off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter and then turn the it off.
* While still holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Manually relinking the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the RC.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the RC, which will produce a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding them.
* While still holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the RC (ISO). The LED indicator on the RC will turn blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to push in the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

J Zamora Posted at 2017-6-17 07:55
Hi, I have the same problem after updating yesterday...

Could you answer post #13 as well?
2017-6-17
Use props
pedwards
First Officer
Flight distance : 5293278 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had a similar issue. The video feed is very poor i.e. There is frequent digital noise, and the video feed flicks to black for less than a second for going back to the P4P video. This flicker happens every 5 seconds (average). I went to film the sunrise but abandoned as I did not feel confident. I also received errors not seen before;
Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected
Remote Controller Right Dial Locked. Lightly Press it to Adjust

The mobile device is an iPad mini 4, and I've not observed the error regarding the CPU before.
2017-6-17
Use props
will6224
Thailand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 18:32
OP, did you notice this after updating the firmware, or was it the Go app? Have you also tried the following button combinations to ensure that the AC and RC are communicating properly?

Reset the RC:

Ive tried everything, it was happeneing before the update but not always, just sometime. Now it happens always. Ive reset everything as per your guideline, ive upgraded, downgraded. Ive tried everything.

The heat could be the issue, but I dont get any over heating warning on the app or from my ipad. Im in a hot country and its always above 30 degrees here.
2017-6-18
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try flying at a good speed to ventilate the inner compartment. I have the same problem on a hot day along with a lot of hovering. The problem really gets bad when the voltage drops.
2017-6-18
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.4
Hong Kong

No worry. Problematic video signal can be dated back to the time of phantom 3, especially after updating the firmware. It is not a new thing. Nearly every few days, there are people who report to have weak/no video problem. Downgrading could be a fix but not a long term solution. I was sent back to dji for repairing after having video issue. Finally it turned out to be a hardware issue. If you use phantom product, soon or later you will have problems. If you use phantom for work, I advise you purchase few more in case it just doesn't work some day. I finally realise that every drone in the market worked for its first month doesn't mean it would work forever. I still enjoy using my phantom 3, but it would be my last drone with dji until they solve their QC problem.
2017-6-18
Use props
fansa35383d9
lvl.3
Mexico

IMG_0013.PNG
2017-6-18
Use props
fansa35383d9
lvl.3
Mexico

I no longer get the hardware decoting, I pad mini 4
I can't fly the drone this way, Its getting worse
2017-6-18
Use props
fans0c8159f7
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 18:26
Did you notice this specifically after updating the RC, or was it the aircraft and Go app as well?

I figured out how to downgrade the firmware from my iPad by watching some YouTube videos. Went for a short flight today. Everything seemed fine but I didn't go as high or as far as I have normally gone before this new update came out. I could see being hot could affect the iPads performance but i normally fly in the morning to beat triple digit temperatures.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pedwards Posted at 2017-6-17 20:05
I've had a similar issue. The video feed is very poor i.e. There is frequent digital noise, and the video feed flicks to black for less than a second for going back to the P4P video. This flicker happens every 5 seconds (average). I went to film the sunrise but abandoned as I did not feel confident. I also received errors not seen before;
Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected
Remote Controller Right Dial Locked. Lightly Press it to Adjust

Are you getting that right after updating the app, or the firmware? Have you tried reinstalling the app and disabling additional functions like video caching to see whether or not the CPU warning still pops up? Is your iPad pretty free memory wise and doesn't have any additional programs running in the background? If you performed any recent firmware updates, the ISO wheel could have been locked. Like the message dictates, giving the ISO wheel a single press in will remove the lock.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

will6224 Posted at 2017-6-18 05:00
Ive tried everything, it was happeneing before the update but not always, just sometime. Now it happens always. Ive reset everything as per your guideline, ive upgraded, downgraded. Ive tried everything.

The heat could be the issue, but I dont get any over heating warning on the app or from my ipad. Im in a hot country and its always above 30 degrees here.

In regards to the iPad, do you happen to leave it on or use it extensively prior to using the Go app with it?
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansa35383d9 Posted at 2017-6-18 09:44
I no longer get the hardware decoting, I pad mini 4
I can't fly the drone this way, Its getting worse

With the latest Go/4 app, hardware decoding is enabled by default. Could you happen to answer post #23 as well? You can disregard the ISO wheel portion if you're not getting that.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans0c8159f7 Posted at 2017-6-18 18:39
I figured out how to downgrade the firmware from my iPad by watching some YouTube videos. Went for a short flight today. Everything seemed fine but I didn't go as high or as far as I have normally gone before this new update came out. I could see being hot could affect the iPads performance but i normally fly in the morning to beat triple digit temperatures.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, did you only downgrade the aircraft/RC firmware or did you revert to an older version of the app?
2017-6-19
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-6-17 08:42

I flew today on an open space (modelairfield) standing in the sun... 32 Celcius...I really did not have any problems... I flew 3 batteries at a stretch...

this is what I fly with (including firmware versions) today: (there are people that do not like that I put this info in various answers, but in my most honest opinion it might be wise to put as much info as possible in questions/remarks etc. so excuses for the guys and dolls that do NOT like this...)

as per: 2017-06-16:

DJI Phantom 4 Pro Model WM331A - Serial: 0AXDDCC - 0A20814 (January 8th 2017) flying in MODE 2
Aircraft Firmware: V 01.04.0602 (June 8th 2017)
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller (GL300F) Firmware: V 1.4.1.0 (June 8th 2017)
DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.1.2 (June 15th 2017)
DJI GS Pro App: V 1.2.1 (March 28th 2017)

Flight Database V. 00.00.01.04 (April 12th 2017)
App Database V. 00.00.01.04 (April 12th 2017)

Apple iPad Pro 9.7" 128GB iOS 10.3.2 (May 16th 2017)
2017-6-19
Use props
fans0c8159f7
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-19 11:40
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, did you only downgrade the aircraft/RC firmware or did you revert to an older version of the app?

DJI-Jamie,

Yes, i downgraded the firmware from 01.04.0602 back to the previous firmware.
2017-6-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been having this increasingly more common problem too.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans582bff2c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2308865 ft
France

Hello,
i have the same problem with my Inspire PRO and P4P. The Video Downlink is Freezing and the screen is sometimes green .
I try several things, downgrading the AC and RC, using other tablets, iPhone 6S without success.
Temperatures today in France and yesterday were close to 35°C, and i have not noticed overheated CPU signal...except AC batteries.
Flights are getting dangerous, and i stopped each times...any solution ?
2017-6-20
Use props
fans21d4f89a
New
United States

It happened to me exactly like post # 20. I got P4P and Ipad mini 2. Never have this problem before.  Video signal lost even 20 feet away. DJI software problem.
2017-6-20
Use props
pedwards
First Officer
Flight distance : 5293278 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-19 11:20
Are you getting that right after updating the app, or the firmware? Have you tried reinstalling the app and disabling additional functions like video caching to see whether or not the CPU warning still pops up? Is your iPad pretty free memory wise and doesn't have any additional programs running in the background? If you performed any recent firmware updates, the ISO wheel could have been locked. Like the message dictates, giving the ISO wheel a single press in will remove the lock.

The tablet is only for DJI products. Other than updating the Go4 app, there have been no software changes that I am aware of. Before updating to 4.12 I had zero issues.
2017-6-21
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

dji it does not want to admit !!!

DJI RE videoproblem P4P.pdf

112.18 KB, Down times: 19

2017-6-22
Use props
Eldar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 818114 ft
Switzerland

i have the same problem since the last firmware updaten on my mavic pro AND Phantom 4 Pro.  The Videotransmission on my iPhone 6, Ipad Air2 and Ipad mini4 is freezing and i get the failure notice that the mobile cpu is fully loaded.....its definitly an DJI GO 4 Problem!!!!!
2017-6-22
Use props
khani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90072 ft
Hungary

i have same issue. temporarily fixed by using iPhone 7 instead of iPad 2. seems that the new update is much more demanding on the screen resources and my iPad can't cope with it, turns greens screen freeze... with iPhone 7, no issue for the moment
2017-6-23
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

Reset the RC:

DJI-Jamie, I too have noticed decreased range and reliability in my video downlink and RC connection since updating my RC and AC to the latest firmware. I use an i-pad Air2 as my monitor, but I don't believe that is the issue. I have only been flying in 72 degrees fahrenheit, (22.22 degrees celsius), so I have not been encountering overheating issues. I am also running the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app.
2017-6-23
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

Reset the RC:

My recent connection issues seem to consistently pop up around 500-600 meter range. I used to be able to fly 1km away reliably with no issues and my record distance between AC and RC being over 2km with no problems except wind.
2017-6-23
Use props
fans2404223c
New
United States

I lose video at around 500 meters away, without fail. Every single time. My P4P is literally brand new. I bought one two weeks ago and battled this problem with every firmware solution on the forum and the ones suggested by DJI. I reset, reinstalled, rebooted and renegotiated everything. Did not work. So I returned that drone to best buy and exchanged it for a brand new one last night. Immediately updated all firmware. This morning, flew it for the first time ever and the exact same thing happens. I lose video transmission at and around 500 meters. Unsatisfactory.  
2017-6-24
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

Try move to another location (at least 10 miles away) and test it again.
2017-6-24
Use props
fans2404223c
New
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-24 09:31
Try move to another location (at least 10 miles away) and test it again.

For reals? Would be just my luck. I live in class D airspace but I drove well outside the range and the app still said I was in class D airspace. Either way, it should not lose video transmission. I guess I will try to go to the next county over? LOL. That's ridiculous though.
2017-6-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules