DJI SPARK UNBOXING & HIDDEN FEATURE FOUND to increase range and r...
12Next >
36250 56 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eL6uRCU98KkD
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI SPARK UNBOXING & HIDDEN FEATURE FOUND to increase range and reliability!
This can increase the range of your drone because the phone wifi won't interfere with the drone

Watch this video for the fly more combo unboxing:   
Watch this video for for the hidden feature of the DJI Spark:

2017-6-17
Use props
fans968d8ec6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150899 ft
United States

Tried it with my OTG adapter and my Nexus 6p. Amazing!!!... All the WIFI problems reported were gone.
2017-6-17
Use props
Nic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604242 ft
South Africa

I'm afraid that wasn't a hidden feature there is a reason the remote has antennas

When you use the remote it makes use of dji's occusync system which is a pretty phenomenal "wifi" system. It can happily stream HD footage 6-7km on the mavic which leaves me wondering why I can barely get my household wifi web browsing across the house!

You'll also be able to utilise sports mode with the remote which is disabled when flying off your phones wifi.

Hope you are enjoying the spark and thanks for the unboxing. Happy flying!
2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Nic Posted at 2017-6-17 12:35
I'm afraid that wasn't a hidden feature  there is a reason the remote has antennas

When you use the remote it makes use of dji's occusync system which is a pretty phenomenal "wifi" system. It can happily stream HD footage 6-7km on the mavic which leaves me wondering why I can barely get my household wifi web browsing across the house!

Hmm...I don't believe that the Spark utilizes the occusync technology
2017-6-17
Use props
neo2ooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87372 ft
United States

Can anyone confirm this works on IOS? I am having terrible connection issues to the RC from the phone.
2017-6-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

That little short lightning to micro USB cable that comes with the mavic works with the spark and iPhone 6s plus. It gives you a not supported device message but it still works, you have to hold controller and iPhone because the cables way to short but it works great! Just ordered myself a lightning to micro USB cable from b& h
2017-6-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

neo2ooo Posted at 2017-6-17 12:46
Can anyone confirm this works on IOS? I am having terrible connection issues to the RC from the phone.

Yes it does, I just tried it with the short mavic cable but unless you've got a mavic or a lightning to micro USB cable your SOL till you get one
2017-6-17
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

This is a great idea, this is what I have got http://amzn.to/2sFhJUk
2017-6-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If anyone has the apple camera kit connector try it a report back, I've read were it might only work from 10. 2 down?
2017-6-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It makes perfect sense that this works if the goggles are going to be compatible with the spark?? I wonder if a micro USB to Hdmi adapter might work too??
2017-6-17
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

You need to read the forum before posting about HIDDEN FEATURES.  
2017-6-17
Use props
neo2ooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87372 ft
United States

So I went to Best Buy and bought a insignia micro USB to USB adapter and used that and I'm happy to say it works great. I also have the latest iOS firmware. The only thing is with that method you don't get a wifi strength signal in dji app. Can someone confirm that please?
2017-6-17
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222621 ft
United States

If I recall correctly, "Hidden Feature" was verified a few days ago.  Regardless, good news RC USB does transmit dataand is not just a WIFI connection.
2017-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Using the same can't get connected iPhone 7.
2017-6-17
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I can confirm that the connection is horrendous when connected to the RC. But if it is the connection between the RC and the phone as opposed to the connection between the RC and the Spark, it's kind of odd that the Spark goes into "signal lost" mode any time that the phone connection breaks up with the RC.
2017-6-17
Use props
Nic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604242 ft
South Africa

Oh wow. I see I was mistaken in thinking the default was a USB connection from the flight remote to a phone. Seems silly to be creating an additional network when the mavic and phantom had successfully operated via USB.
2017-6-18
Use props
fans968d8ec6
lvl.2
United States

FFS Posted at 2017-6-17 20:44
I can confirm that the connection is horrendous when connected to the RC. But if it is the connection between the RC and the phone as opposed to the connection between the RC and the Spark, it's kind of odd that the Spark goes into "signal lost" mode any time that the phone connection breaks up with the RC.

After doing some research I have been using RC with my Nexus 6P by first setting it Airplane Mode and  using the 5.8 Mhz band.  So far so good, no more video lags, aborted transfers, unresponsive controls...

Nevertheless, I will carry the OTG cable on the event of issues.
2017-6-18
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans968d8ec6 Posted at 2017-6-18 14:53
After doing some research I have been using RC with my Nexus 6P by first setting it Airplane Mode and  using the 5.8 Mhz band.  So far so good, no more video lags, aborted transfers, unresponsive controls...

Nevertheless, I will carry the OTG cable on the event of issues.

heard that the interfere was caused by bluetooth in phone.  Not sure that is the only cause.
2017-6-18
Use props
fans968d8ec6
lvl.2
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-6-18 23:58
heard that the interfere was caused by bluetooth in phone.  Not sure that is the only cause.

Let me try that tonight... I'll report back.

Thanks!
2017-6-19
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Nic Posted at 2017-6-18 01:33
Oh wow. I see I was mistaken in thinking the default was a USB connection from the flight remote to a phone. Seems silly to be creating an additional network when the mavic and phantom had successfully operated via USB.

I agree, DJI should definitely make this an option!
2017-6-19
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Can't get this to work using the little mavic cable and an iPhone 7 on the latest firmware. Did DJI already patch it out?
2017-6-19
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

I tried on my iphone 6 with a micro to lightning cable and it appears it is only charging the RC battery but will not connect the video source... very disappointing
2017-6-19
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

SpicyLobster Posted at 2017-6-19 13:58
I tried on my iphone 6 with a micro to lightning cable and it appears it is only charging the RC battery but will not connect the video source... very disappointing

Hello were you able to connect again using the micro usb to phone method ? I got my spark today and also bought a micro usb to type c cable to connect my phone ( Nexus 6P ) but like you said it is only charging it , i can't get video feed. I tried turning on the remote and then connecting the micro usb to no avail.
2017-6-21
Use props
fansd1d3fe67
New
United States

I'm using an old, generic USB 2.0 OTG cable to connect my iPhone 7 (iOS 10.3.2) and it works perfectly. You have to make sure everything is turned on BEFORE plugging into your iPhone. So:
Make sure your Spark, RC, iPhone, and DJI Go 4 app are all updated to the latest versions. (If you need to update any of them, reboot the device after updating it)-Put iPhone into airplane mode for best results. (re-enable wifi if you prefer, but leave blutooth off.)
-Power up Spark
-Power up RC
-Open DJI Go 4 app
-Connect RC-iPhone, dismiss the "This device may not function properly" message.
-Fly.

Edit- Add step to put iPhone into airplane mode for best results.
2017-6-21
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2017-6-21 15:21
Hello were you able to connect again using the micro usb to phone method ? I got my spark today and also bought a micro usb to type c cable to connect my phone ( Nexus 6P ) but like you said it is only charging it , i can't get video feed. I tried turning on the remote and then connecting the micro usb to no avail.

I was able to get a USB to micro converter that did the trick with a normal cable.. its at

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also dont use the white cable with this converter it appear to only be a charge plug. I will double check that tonight.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This works perfectly and drastically improves the signal quality of the FPV Feed, I have no Idea why DJI did not show this as a feature, it should be an option, connect to the controller via WiFi or Wired, I tried both and wired is much more reliable. I have one of these coming http://amzn.to/2sZFab1 and also ordered this http://amzn.to/2sZFg2n so can plug the iPhone cable straight into the controller!
2017-6-22
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SpicyLobster Posted at 2017-6-22 13:34
I was able to get a USB to micro converter that did the trick with a normal cable.. its at

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Awesome thanks for that I just ordered one and returned the micro USB to USB type c , I also tried the one that came with my Mavic and it worked , not a big fan of so many wifi signals  working at the same time , plus I think the adapter will give you a better video feed quality, thank you again .
2017-6-22
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2017-6-22 16:54
Awesome thanks for that I just ordered one and returned the micro USB to USB type c , I also tried the one that came with my Mavic and it worked , not a big fan of so many wifi signals  working at the same time , plus I think the adapter will give you a better video feed quality, thank you again .

glad to help. it took a decent amount of trying to find the right thing. I have another cable coming that works for them he mavis micro side plug  so it should work for the spark.
2017-6-22
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SpicyLobster Posted at 2017-6-22 22:18
glad to help. it took a decent amount of trying to find the right thing. I have another cable coming that works for them he mavis micro side plug  so it should work for the spark.

Got the adapter today, and it works perfect ! Thank you.
2017-6-23
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I got my cable come yesterday, this is a perfect way to improve the FPV feed, this is what you need:

http://amzn.to/2tEY2Jx

OR

http://amzn.to/2s6vS8p
2017-6-23
Use props
NewtonLeWilows
lvl.1
United Kingdom

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-17 12:44
Hmm...I don't believe that the Spark utilizes the occusync technology

You are correct
2017-6-24
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

nice post!

when u use this adapter
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... def345352dbd7ea666e

the phone or iPad or whatever fits properly in RC??

This is very important to know. Thanks!
2017-6-24
Use props
Jestered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16112 ft
United States

Hi all,

So I got the correct cable and adapter for my iPhone 7.  It connects to the RC and device just fine.  The problem is that I can't fly more than 100 ft. away.  Once I reach 100 ft. the RC informs me that I've reached the distance limit.  I checked the altitude limit and it's set at 120 meters, which is 400 ft. so why is it telling me I can't fly farther than that?  If I disconnect the cable and adapter, and fly it again with a wifi connection to the RC, I get normal flight again and can go beyond 100 ft..  Anyone know why this is happening?
2017-6-24
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260981 ft
United States

fansd1d3fe67 Posted at 2017-6-21 20:21
I'm using an old, generic USB 2.0 OTG cable to connect my iPhone 7 (iOS 10.3.2) and it works perfectly. You have to make sure everything is turned on BEFORE plugging into your iPhone. So:
Make sure your Spark, RC, iPhone, and DJI Go 4 app are all updated to the latest versions. (If you need to update any of them, reboot the device after updating it)-Put iPhone into airplane mode for best results. (re-enable wifi if you prefer, but leave blutooth off.)
-Power up Spark

I have a iPhone 7+ Hope I can get same results?! Which "generic USB 2.0 OTG" cable do you have? OTG cable for iOS ? I am clueless. Is that a Lightning to micro USB? Does your hook up use lightning to micro USB adapter and cable? HaHa So many questions ! Thanx just wanna fly
2017-6-24
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

2 for $7
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9S ... dp_T2_b5TtzbJ78N95P
2017-6-24
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260981 ft
United States

paskalicky 4 Posted at 2017-6-24 13:44
I have a iPhone 7+ Hope I can get same results?! Which "generic USB 2.0 OTG" cable do you have? OTG cable for iOS ? I am clueless. Is that a Lightning to micro USB? Does your hook up use lightning to micro USB adapter and cable? HaHa So many questions ! Thanx just wanna fly

Duh .... OTG "FROM" RC.
RC --->Micro -->OTG -->USB -->Lightning
Right? ..... OMG
2017-6-24
Use props
fanse3ef7808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115741 ft
United States

neo2ooo Posted at 2017-6-17 14:35
So I went to Best Buy and bought a insignia micro USB to USB adapter and used that and I'm happy to say it works great. I also have the latest iOS firmware. The only thing is with that method you don't get a wifi strength signal in dji app. Can someone confirm that please?

I confirm that I also do not get the wifi signal strength in the DJI app when using the OTG cable and an iPhone.

Is this the case for everyone?

Is there any way to know when you are about to lose the connection with he Spark?
2017-6-24
Use props
pvtsailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675709 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This guy says that it does not work with ios  
2017-6-25
Use props
Lorador
Banned

China

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lorador Posted at 2017-6-25 07:40
Hi have you test the goggles? Can goggles be used with Spark? http://forum.dji.com/thread-101777-1-1.html

Same post to many times CLICK BAIT. POSTS SHOULD BE DELETED........
2017-6-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules