Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to user phone as screen while using a controller?
3453 5 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4a5e4769
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4432 ft
United States

Hi, I am a newbie, duh

I am able to connect to Spark using my phone and the remote controller respectively. However, I don't know how to connect the phone to either the drone or the remote, while using the remote controller. The drone's wifi doesn't show while it's connected to the controller and I am thus stuck. Any idea?
Thanks!

2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Okay you're confused...The RC has its on WIFI which connects to the Spark.  Your phone/tablet connects to the rc and now you're ready to fly.  To connect your phone directly to the Spark WITHOUT using the RC is a bit trickier and very cumbersome
2017-6-17
Use props
Nixx
New
Flight distance : 17352 ft
United States

To add a bit more detail to aviscomi's reply: When you power on the remote you should be able to see a Spark-RC-XXXXXX network available. The exact wifi name and password will be next to the QR code on the back of your remote.  Have your batteries charged, because the first time you'll probably have to do a firmware update which can take some time.
2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Thanks @Nixx that was going to be part 2 of my reply
2017-6-17
Use props
miroki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4432 ft
United States

Thanks guys! I am able to fly now!

I was confused because I don't think they put in the manual how one should connect their phone to the remote. I assumed it happened automatically.
What makes it worse is, that after Spark is connected to your phone or the rc, you can no longer connect it with the other part (rc or phone). So in order to switch between rc and phone, one can only manually reset  Spark's connectivity mode by pressing the power button (three secs or six secs respectively) which is counter-intuitive and puzzling.
2017-6-17
Use props
fans223334dd
lvl.1
Singapore

miroki Posted at 2017-6-17 10:47
Thanks guys! I am able to fly now!

I was confused because I don't think they put in the manual how one should connect their phone to the remote. I assumed it happened automatically.

In some ways I don't think is really counter intuitive because it is just another level of safety. I wouldn't want to fly the drone in the air only to realise the phone has taken over the wifi connection. Unlikely but something to consider.

So i'd rather be safe than to make the drone convenient to use.

Now i just use the controller to do everything with the drone. the increase range does ensure it is controllable should anything happen.
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules