Hey DJI...Entry Level = Beginner
1181 1 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

[size=14.6667px]So in regards to WIFI on the drone, WIFI on the RC WIFI on the mobile device (phone/tablet) and the activation process WTF was DJI thinking when they developed the Spark.  They market it "Entry Level",  well with all the chaos surrounding connections they screwed that up.  I had no issues, but I also have a Masters Degree in Comp Sci. I find it very hard to believe that they (DJI) could develop some sort of GUI (user friendly) wizard.  Between here and the Spark forum there are a large number of users struggling to get into the air.
2017-6-17
Use props
fanseaf38b75
New
Flight distance : 23488 ft
United States

Same here.  I wanted someone to use a stopwatch to see how long from unboxing to flying.  #1 - Charge batteries, several hours! #2 - Create a user account, #3 - Try to activate drone 3 or 4 times, Q-code caused process to crash.  #4Use Assistant Tool to upgrade firmware on Spark, #5 Find alternative way to activate without Q-code  #6 Find a way to read 5-point type to read passwords. #7 - Update no-fly databases  #8 - Learn to link phone to RC Controller  #9  Firmware Update for RC Controller,  #10 Relink Spark to RC Controller, #11 Find a way to fly in 15 mph winds without getting halted all the time, #12  Try to understand why obstacle avoidance is keeping the drone from flying anywhere when it is 50 feet up and there are NO OBSTACLES!  #13  RC Control loses link connection and starts beeping.... won't shut off and stop beeping and flashing until you find the magic button combo on the web.  Meanwhile the flying drone has no way to control it!!!!  Will run out of power and land in the lake or someone's backyard, or a construction zone, as in my case.  Luckily I had slowly nursed it to be outside the fence when this link was lost.  As the Owner of a Phantom 1, 2+, 3 Adv, 3-Pro, I'm not sure what I can use the Spark for if it won't go anywhere and only flies for 5 or 6 minutes before low battery means you have to use the last 5 minutes to return to where you are!  I love my DJI 3A and 3P even more now.  May I'm just a P4 or Mavic Pro guy.  My new Spark might have to be restricted in indoor use only unless the next flight test goes a lot better.
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules