Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery broken during recent update?
1858 14 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K4Unl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

So tonight i was planning on updating my drone to the .800 firmware, when my tablet told me the update had failed. So i wanted to use DJI Assistant to update it.
But when i went to turn off the drone, i noticed only the middle 2 lights of the battery were on, and i couldn't turn it off.

I yanked the battery from my mavic, hoping it would stop. It didn't. Still only the the middle 2 LED's are on.
Tried charging the battery for a bit, no result.
They stay on for a few sec and then turn off for about 1.

I've had the battery out for a while now, and it's still doing this. When i put it back in the drone, it turns on immediately, telling me that the actual battery is still on.

Is there anything i can do here, or do i need to send it back to DJI?
Please advise.

2017-6-17
Use props
fans98174642
New

Greece

https://youtu.be/LC-tmquQjdA

I have one big problem with this battery .. I try to make one topic but i can't... this battery is new. I try more time to charge and nothing.. and i'm in hollyday and i need it
2017-6-17
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

You can try this. I didn't realize every update I did saved in my phone. After last update had several issues. I got into my settings and saw I had 3 dif DJI go apps and all were running a bit in background. Deleted all I saw. I uninstalled app from phone cleaned all data catches then reinstall app. Had a good flight . Prior to doing this I had 2 bad ones with issues both times. Maybe that will help someone
2017-6-17
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Leave the battery off the charger until it with the two lights on until it expires.  Wait a bit then try charging.  Sounds like the Smart Controller is stuck sort of like when Windows crashes & nothing works.  On a PC you can hold down the power button for several seconds to force a restart.  Not sure if that would work with the battery but give it a try.  Otherwise once it exhausts itself & shuts down & resets it may become responsive.
2017-6-17
Use props
Danno25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
United States

I have the exact same thing happen, tried to update, update failed....battery non responsive.  Drone stays on, but won't do anything.  Battery will NOT turn off.
Removed from drone, battery still non responsive.  Two middle LEDs on, and will blink momentarily every minute or so.  

I've tried charging, no change.  
I then drained the battery using the usb adapter to the point the charging stops... middle two leds still lit.

Finally after two days, the leds are all off.  So I placed on charger and left over night.  No change, still non responsive..  Battery appears to be fully depleted.

This is definitely an issue with update .0800.  

2017-6-17
Use props
K4Unl
Second Officer
Netherlands

From another topic, i saw somebody who had the same issue.
I also had the same issue with 2 of my other batteries.

The other two batteries were fixed by simply running the update again.
This one.. Not so much.

When i try to update again, i just get a notification saying that the battery level is too low. So i put it on the charger overnight, hoping it would charge, but to no avail, when i tried it this morning, it still wouldn't update.

Waiting for one of the mods to reply, but i'm afraid i'm gonna have to send it in. Thanks for the replies all!
2017-6-18
Use props
fans8e6e979b
Flight distance : 2859836 ft
United States

Mine did the same thing during this update. Very dissatisfied.
2017-6-18
Use props
5RI6Qj1rvHjn
New
Flight distance : 324619 ft
Spain

I have the same problem with Mavic battery, due to an error during firmware update.
Now the battery is non responsive, only two middle light turned on, button press even for long time is useless.

The app 4.1.2
version 01.03.0800

Error when try to take off: Battery signal error. Check battery connection.

Is there a wayto reset the battery to original firmware?

Thanks!
2017-6-18
Use props
5RI6Qj1rvHjn
New
Flight distance : 324619 ft
Spain

I have the same problem with Mavic battery, due to an error during firmware update.
Now the battery is non responsive, only two middle light turned on, button press even for long time is useless.

The app 4.1.2
version 01.03.0800

Error when try to take off: Battery signal error. Check battery connection.

Is there a wayto reset the battery to original firmware?

Thanks!
2017-6-18
Use props
Danno25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
United States

Sent my dead battery into DJI and just received an email that it will be exchanged.  
so if you have let your battery die hoping it would reset but it didn't...you'll have to send yours in too.  Just go onto the support page and open a repair request.  Be sure to explain that this was caused by the .0800 update and they will exchange your useless battery with a good one.

2017-6-27
Use props
K4Unl
Second Officer
Netherlands

Danno25 Posted at 2017-6-27 08:58
Sent my dead battery into DJI and just received an email that it will be exchanged.  
so if you have let your battery die hoping it would reset but it didn't...you'll have to send yours in too.  Just go onto the support page and open a repair request.  Be sure to explain that this was caused by the .0800 update and they will exchange your useless battery with a good one.

Thank you. I may end up doing that. Looks like the mods aren't going to reply
2017-6-28
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Noone tried to downgrade back to .600 or .700 trough DJI Assistant with the battery in?
2017-6-29
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

btw, .900 is out also
2017-6-29
Use props
K4Unl
Second Officer
Netherlands

Nees Posted at 2017-6-29 00:48
Noone tried to downgrade back to .600 or .700 trough DJI Assistant with the battery in?

I can't do anything with the battery, as the charge is too low for me to do an update.
2017-6-29
Use props
fanscf6a0649
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1785 ft
Australia

I too had this happen with the latest 2 updates. I was uploading the update a few weeks ago from my iPhone and it failed and the battery had the error.  It had  the two middle lights flashing. I replaced it with a good battery and then ran the update again - which was successful. I had tried putting the battery with the error in the charger - but no change, and it could not be turned off. So I put it back in the drone and the DJI app said a further update was needed. It uploaded successfully and then the battery was OK.

The same thing happened yesterday. I was uploading the new firmware - from my iPhone and it was unsuccessful and it resulted in the same battery error. But, my WiFi was not too good, and new attempts at uploading the firmware were not successful. So today  - I connected the Mavic to my computer and used DJI assistant - with a good battery. It was successful, so then I replaced the good battery with the one with the error and DJI assistant said incompatible firmware and it did a small firmware upload to the drone - and this fixed the battery problem.

I am not sure what is going on - the batteries that had the error now seem fine -and I have flown with them OK.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules