GPS-Atti mode?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Today I flew for the fist time in months.  It was a short flight (0.96 miles) using Litchi FPV, but several things turned up that worry me.  

1)  The video kept cutting out and restarting with a total of five short .MOV files rather than a long continuous one.  

2)  After takeoff, it went to “GPS-Atti” mode.  The toggle was in “P” position. The manual does not show this as an option (that I could find).  

I have to add that the wind picked up a lot at the end of the flight, and although the trees were swaying back and forth during landing, my P3A was dead steady as it came to the home point, so clearly, it was tracking the 16 satellites that the flight log said it was tracking.  So, what does “GPS-Atti” mean?  

Later in the day, I flew again and the video ran just fine.  Is there a setting i have set wrong?  The new flight also showed “GPS-Atti” for the mode.  

2017-6-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GPS-ATTI mode is often selected automatically by the aircraft if it encounters a navigational problem during flight, such as a compass error or a temporary loss of GPS signals. It means the navigational system cannot resolve the data so it kicks the aircraft back into fully manual mode. In ATTI mode, the aircraft will maintain altitude, but not position, so it will be at the mercy of winds.

As for the short video files, the first question is what video resolution you were shooting in and what make of SD card you were using.

Also, you should frequently copy off everything you need on your SD card and re-format it in the aircraft. The aircraft writes a lot of fairly useless files to the card and this can cause fragmentation of the file system, but it is easily fixed by formatting the card.
2017-6-17
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-17 15:53
GPS-ATTI mode is often selected automatically by the aircraft if it encounters a navigational problem during flight, such as a compass error or a temporary loss of GPS signals. It means the navigational system cannot resolve the data so it kicks the aircraft back into fully manual mode. In ATTI mode, the aircraft will maintain altitude, but not position, so it will be at the mercy of winds.

As for the short video files, the first question is what video resolution you were shooting in and what make of SD card you were using.

Thank you Geebax.  The make of SD is Panasonic but I have not re-formatted for a long time.  I remember now that I once had the same problem and formatting fixed it!  
The GPS-Atti is confusing since my P3A clearly was not having trouble fighting the wind.  The manual talks about “P-Atti” but never mentions “GPS-Atti”.
I have not done a compass formatting for some time either.  I guess I better!
Thank you for your thoughts!
2017-6-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe that GPS-ATTI mode is how the standard P-GPS ('Positional' mode, will lock position to GPS signal) is recorded on Airdata (formerly Healthydrones) also Litchi (not used it)  file, the alternative being ATTI mode ('Attitude' mode where only the aircrafts altitude is automatically controlled by barometer).The Attitude being the aircrafts heading, up down, banking left or right etc.
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules