Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Micro USB only on controller.
2586 6 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpicyLobster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

Just wanted to throw a warning that the controller from the spark only has a micro USB connection. So you will need to find a micro to lightning or micro to micro cable to connect your phone/pad. My spark didn't come with one. Stopped by like 4 shops including Best Buy and could t find one. Guess I'll wait til Monday And get something off Amazon.

That said the first few flights were fun despite the wind it held up decently for its size. Lost satellites once right as I hit return to home. It took off across the street so I cancelled and landed manually. I never use return to home usually but figured with phone control only I'd try it.
2017-6-17
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

The iPhone/iPad connects via WiFi...the micro USB port on the remote control is not meant for connecting the iPhone/iPad.
2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.4

United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-17 16:53
The iPhone/iPad connects via WiFi...the micro USB port on the remote control is not meant for connecting the iPhone/iPad.

Uh...not quite correct.  There are numerous threads here and on the Spark forum where many of us have be using the micro USB on the controller to connect our phone/tablets.

2017-6-17
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-17 16:53

True -- But numerous Pilots have confirmed that this is a valid connection.  I have yet to see an official DJI statement either for or against.

People that I trust on another Spark board have reported great success using this connection.  However, as always, YMMV.

Good, Safe Flying.
2017-6-17
Use props
Wednesday
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-100576-1-1.html
2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.4

United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-17 17:01
True -- But numerous Pilots have confirmed that this is a valid connection.  I have yet to see an official DJI statement either for or against.

People that I trust on another Spark board have reported great success using this connection.  However, as always, YMMV.

Exactly...Hell 3 days ago DJI Mindy (DJI Moderator) stated that the DJI goggles could NOT be used on the Spark as of this time.  Hell, I've been flying with them for 2 days on the Spark.
2017-6-17
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

haha thanks for pointing out my lack of understanding, got it all worked out now, but I think I need the cable, flying in sport mode with a chugging video stream at distance made for me spinning like a top trying to straighten up and come home :-/
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules