123Next >
42505 115 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc1863245
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33675 ft
United States

Right after I activated my New Spark DJI4Go app stated something about wireless and regions and I lost link from the controller to the Spark.  No matter what I do at this point I cannot get the Remote to re-link with the Spark.  I have Reset the Spark (9 second button hold) and tried linking, tried linking from DJI4Go App either connected to Spark or Remote, Standalone with nothing connected to either, etc....No luck.  Controller just remains in the Green light beeping state trying to link while the Spark enters link mode (front lights Blining red until link times out on spark).

Anyone else see this or have suggestions?

Thank you

2017-6-17
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Maybe this will help.  
2017-6-17
Use props
fansc1863245
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, the video was very informative but to my disappointment the remote will not link with the Spark.
2017-6-18
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21286 ft
United States

Have you tried holding down the RC power button once its turned on for 9 seconds? This resets the RC's WiFi settings as well, I am having the same issue, and am learning that  you need the RC to be within 20cm of the aircraft when linking, also it looks like Bluetooth is messing with everyones' connection so turn that off when connecting.
2017-6-19
Use props
Jet_Lightning
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm having exactly the same problem, been trying to link the RC and Spark for two days.  The Spark just times out during the linking procedure.  very dissatisfied with the whole thing :-(
2017-6-19
Use props
fansc1863245
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the suggestion, I was wondering what the "reset" sequence was for the remote.  Unfortunately no joy.  Worked with DJI Phone support for an hour and a half.  Managed to get "sporadic" very rare  linking but it would never survive a reboot, after a reboot it would be unlinked and back to the same linking failures.  End of call results, send the RC and Aircraft into support/repair to evaluate.  Completed the repair form, received the shipping label, packed it up, and dropped it at UPS.  Time to wait
2017-6-19
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Jet_Lightning Posted at 2017-6-19 10:40
I'm having exactly the same problem, been trying to link the RC and Spark for two days.  The Spark just times out during the linking procedure.  very dissatisfied with the whole thing :-(

Not sure what is meant by "trying to link the RC to the Spark", but if you got the Combo the RC comes already linked to the Spark.
2017-6-19
Use props
Jet_Lightning
lvl.1
United Kingdom

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-19 10:44
Not sure what is meant by "trying to link the RC to the Spark", but if you got the Combo the RC comes already linked to the Spark.

I did get the combo and yes you're right, the RC should come prelinked to the Spark, unfortunately that was not the case.  I did get it to link briefly a few minutes ago before the going through the link procedure after first  resetting the Spark and RC.  Lasted about 1 minute before the link dropped out, no success on re-booting.  
2017-6-19
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
United States

Jet_Lightning Posted at 2017-6-19 11:24
I did get the combo and yes you're right, the RC should come prelinked to the Spark, unfortunately that was not the case.  I did get it to link briefly a few minutes ago before the going through the link procedure after first  resetting the Spark and RC.  Lasted about 1 minute before the link dropped out, no success on re-booting.

I'm having the exact same issue you are, I'm debating sending it in but i think that's the only option.
2017-6-19
Use props
Jet_Lightning
lvl.1
United Kingdom

holawhatsup Posted at 2017-6-19 12:16
I'm having the exact same issue you are, I'm debating sending it in but i think that's the only option.

Same here, I've decided I'm going to send it in to DJI for repair/replacement.  I'm not getting anywhere and clearly something isn't right with the hardware I have.
2017-6-19
Use props
vdh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 193786 ft
  • >>>
Japan

So glad I looked here,I thought I was being dumb.I have tried everything to connect but no luck.Seems like a waste of money & time getting a flymore package,not happy
2017-6-29
Use props
salukidiaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1886 ft
United States

I am having a similar issue with losing remote controller link to the spark mid-flight. Lights on the drone start blinking yellow and it descends to a 1 foot hover indefinitely.  I guess your choices are to let it auto land when the battery gets low, or try to grab it from the bottom and not lose a finger (thought I was pretty good at this and just got bit after the 6th grab, not fun). Anyway, I had a lot of difficulty doing the initial link of the remote and drone (fails 9 out of 10 times with the remote beeping away). When I do get it to link, I can fly for maybe 3 minutes or so until the link is lost, and it does the hover. I live in a relatively rural area, so there really shouldn't be huge issues with wifi interference. For what it is worth, if I switch to smartphone control, it flies fine with no disconnects. I'm also on the fence about whether to return/repair or wait for a firmware update.
2017-6-30
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
United States

Hey All! I was having this issue, and I sent my Spark in and they replaced the RC Controller. From what I know, if tech support cannot fix your issue over the phone, the only option is to send your new expensive spark back to DJI. Mine should be shipping back out to me soon all fixed up! Ill update you guys when it gets back.
2017-6-30
Use props
salukidiaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1886 ft
United States

Spent the morning doing some more troubleshooting and the issue appears to be my remote control (rather than the drone itself), as the wifi via tablet/phone works fine.  As soon as they send me the shipping label I will be returning the remote.  We shall see what happens after that.
2017-6-30
Use props
markol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11913 ft
Canada

Same issue.
Turned it on this morning for the first time, and was able to connect my iPhone to the controller at first. Then it gave me a notification about being in a different region so have to restart the controller or something. After that, not able to connect to the controller anymore. I can connect to the Spark directly fine with the phone, as well as connecting the Spark it to the controller, but I can't connect my phone to the controller through wifi. It times out, and then gives me an "incorrect password" error.

I reset everything and my phone was able to connect to the controller for a brief second, before disconnecting again and then constantly giving me an "incorrect password" error or just.. "Cannot connect"...
WHAT TO DO?
2017-6-30
Use props
Anack
New
Flight distance : 191450 ft
United States

I had a similar problem (iphone + RC only connected for a few seconds before disconnect/poor connection). I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone and the problem resolved. I have flown multiple times with good connectivity.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans8028c9d6
lvl.1
Montenegro

To markol: The same problem after updating RC to .0400. I've use USB OTG between RC and phone.
2017-7-5
Use props
Usagi74
lvl.1
Germany

Same Problem here, received my flymore package today and tried to link the spark to the remote controller - no luck.
Wifi connection from my phone to the spark or the controller seems to work fine, though.   
2017-7-5
Use props
airmax93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103281 ft
Germany

I have the same issue. I cant link the spark with the rc controller. I disabled bluetooth, changed wifi to 2.4, reset the wifi settings on both devices, nothing helped. Now i will send all back to DJI, because the support cant help me also.
2017-7-9
Use props
fansc1863245
lvl.1
United States

fansc1863245 Posted at 2017-6-19 10:43
Thank you for the suggestion, I was wondering what the "reset" sequence was for the remote.  Unfortunately no joy.  Worked with DJI Phone support for an hour and a half.  Managed to get "sporadic" very rare  linking but it would never survive a reboot, after a reboot it would be unlinked and back to the same linking failures.  End of call results, send the RC and Aircraft into support/repair to evaluate.  Completed the repair form, received the shipping label, packed it up, and dropped it at UPS.  Time to wait

Update:  So I received my replacement from DJI Repair yesterday.  DJI Repair replaced the aircraft only, I received the same RC back.  Upon first boot all was good.  I activated the new aircraft, all good.  In the DJIGo4 app I started getting a popup saying that the wifi region was updated and did I want to accept the new settings, I said no.  All still good. Using DJI Assistant 2 I updated the no-fly data etc.  All good rebooted a few times and tested to make sure the RC continued to re-link.  All good.  I kept canceling the WiFi region popup though.......then....I accidentally said okay to the pop-up.  Poof no more link.  Cannot get Aircraft to link with the RC now.  Back to square one.  Seems that wifi region detection and setting has something to do with what WiFi freq/channels are being used and for whatever reason once it is set I cannot link the RC to the aircraft.  I have found no way to "reset" this.  Feeling like this should all go back for a refund.
2017-7-9
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

fansc1863245 Posted at 2017-7-9 12:42
Update:  So I received my replacement from DJI Repair yesterday.  DJI Repair replaced the aircraft only, I received the same RC back.  Upon first boot all was good.  I activated the new aircraft, all good.  In the DJIGo4 app I started getting a popup saying that the wifi region was updated and did I want to accept the new settings, I said no.  All still good. Using DJI Assistant 2 I updated the no-fly data etc.  All good rebooted a few times and tested to make sure the RC continued to re-link.  All good.  I kept canceling the WiFi region popup though.......then....I accidentally said okay to the pop-up.  Poof no more link.  Cannot get Aircraft to link with the RC now.  Back to square one.  Seems that wifi region detection and setting has something to do with what WiFi freq/channels are being used and for whatever reason once it is set I cannot link the RC to the aircraft.  I have found no way to "reset" this.  Feeling like this should all go back for a refund.

This just feels bad :/ I'm having issues as well, but nothing like this Hopefully, new firmware will fix this.
2017-7-9
Use props
fansc1863245
lvl.1
United States

Bobesh Posted at 2017-7-9 13:12
This just feels bad :/ I'm having issues as well, but nothing like this  Hopefully, new firmware will fix this.

My gut is telling me that the problem is in the controller.  Possibly a bad controller.  I think this controller is having issues with the 5.8G spectrum which the Spark defaults to.  While the "wifi region" was still in factory mode it was only using 2.4G and everything was working fine.  As soon as the region updated and it enabled the 5.6G modes...I think that is when it all falls apart.  
2017-7-9
Use props
Usagi74
lvl.1
Hong Kong

fansc1863245 Posted at 2017-7-9 12:42

Same happened to me, pressing ok in the wifi popup dialog removes the RC link.
The wifi message doesn't show when i put my phone into airplane mode and connect via OTG cable.

2017-7-10
Use props
djiuser_dmnsy7i
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4564 ft
Vietnam

My remote controller  in "Fly more combo" package is encountering same problem.  It's able to connect with my Samsung Galaxy S6 via WIFI signal. But it cannot link with Spark aircraft even I've tried to reset (press and hold button power 9 seconds) and re-link it by combination buttons  "Pause + Fn + Customize" until the "Beep" sound emitted then press and hold Power button on the Spark 3 seconds until its front Led blinking Red. Unfortunately, they have never "link" successfully though distance between Remote Controller with Spark was only 10 cm.
DJI Tech Support please help ?
2017-7-10
Use props
Usagi74
lvl.1
Germany

Quick update, here is how i managed to re-link my RC and Spark:
  • downgrade Spark firmware with DJI Assistant 2 to V 01.00.0300
  • put every nearby mobile device into airplane mode to avoid interference
  • go to a room with no GPS reception. Looks like if the Spark finds out in what country i am, linking is not possible
  • put on a tin foil hat ;)
  • reset RC and Spark by holding the power buttons for more than 9 seconds and power cycle
  • link RC and Spark by using the button codes and not the app

Disclaimer: One or more of the above steps may be optional
After the link was re-established i was able to upgrade the firmware and still have the RC linked to my Spark.

Last firmware release notes state "Fixed an issue where the remote controller and aircraft couldn't connect in some regions". Looks like the fix was not that successful.

2017-7-10
Use props
Vincka
lvl.1
Belgium

Usagi74 Posted at 2017-7-10 09:29
Quick update, here is how i managed to re-link my RC and Spark:
  • downgrade Spark firmware with DJI Assistant 2 to V 01.00.0300

• Hi everybody,

I had the same problem and I was very disapointed.

Usagi74, solution worked for me. Many thanks to you !!
    2017-7-10
    Use props
    MAVICDLNM
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 10696686 ft
    • >>>
    Hong Kong

Thats exactly same happen to me.  You can try the link few hours later and it should work then.  If you experience another broken link two times more.   Open case with DJI and prepare to return your Spark and RC back to China for repair or replacement.  This is known bug like mine sent back to DJI two weeks ago, and they confirm the antennas and various parts are defected!  
    2017-7-10
    Use props
    MAVICDLNM
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 10696686 ft
    • >>>
    Hong Kong

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-19 10:44

For person not experience this, you guys have no idea what we been thru.  This RC link broke down issue isn’t anything to do with the 6 or 9 beep WIFI reset.  There are couple more guys have this problem, and I expect whole lot more.
    The link broke down only happen after 10-15mins RC and Spark connection, then suddenly the RC link led change to RED and done.  No matter what you do they just won’t link up until few hours later they will magically link back without performing any 3,6 and 9 beep reset link.  Mine Spark and RC already with DJI service and will get back today.  Detail I will post on Facebook once I get full explanation back from DJI in the day end.
    2017-7-10
    Use props
    Vincka
    lvl.1
    Belgium

Vincka Posted at 2017-7-10 18:47
    Hi everybody,

I had the same problem and I was very disapointed.

I was able to link RC and Spark twice, but as soon as I switch off one of them, link is broken again. And no way to relink without downgrade, upgrade, and downgrade again. So I think I'll have to send back this Spark while sor far I have never been able to fly with !
    2017-7-10
    Use props
    Tommy Vu
    lvl.2
    Vietnam

Vincka Posted at 2017-7-10 20:18
    I was able to link RC and Spark twice, but as soon as I switch off one of them, link is broken again. And no way to relink without downgrade, upgrade, and downgrade again. So I think I'll have to send back this Spark while sor far I have never been able to fly with !

I think I found a solution for fixing this problem:
    1) Bring DJI Spark outdoor and Power On. This is a very important step.
    2) Connect smartphone with Spark.
    3) Wait for GPS on Spark receives about 10 - 12 Satellites then take off, make sure that a popup "Home point recorded" or you can hear that voice from DJI Go. This is also a very important step.
    4) Safety landing then hold Power Button 3 seconds until you hear a "Beep" sound from Spark.
    5)  Power on the Controller and go to "Link Mode" by holding combination buttons : Pause + Fn + Custom until you hear "Beep ... Beep ... Beep..." sound. About few seconds later , led light on Controller should be changed from blink Green to solid Green. Link successful.
    Good luck....
    2017-7-10
    Use props
    Vincka
    lvl.1
    Belgium

Tommy Vu Posted at 2017-7-10 21:58
    I think I found a solution for fixing this problem:
    1) Bring DJI Spark outdoor and Power On. This is a very important step.
    2) Connect smartphone with Spark.

Works for me. But I lost one more time the link when I have powered on the Spark and the RC into my house. After that I have repeated your procedure and I was able to link again.

Very weird behavior...
    2017-7-11
    Use props
    Tommy Vu
    lvl.2
    Vietnam

Vincka Posted at 2017-7-11 02:04
    Works for me. But I lost one more time the link when I have powered on the Spark and the RC into my house. After that I have repeated your procedure and I was able to link again.

Very weird behavior...

I guess that DJI don't want Spark fly by Remote Controller indoor. We have to bring it outdoor as the first condition and then GPS will determine where the location is and broadcast WIFI frequency correspondingly.
    2017-7-11
    Use props
    Konstantinos_an
    Banned
    Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
    2017-7-11
    Use props
    Vincka
    lvl.1
    Belgium

You mean that after linking your Remote controller, It works for a while and then link is broken again ?
    When I'm able to link RC and Spark, link break few flights later, I don't know why.
    2017-7-11
    Use props
    Tommy Vu
    lvl.2
    Vietnam

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-11 06:06
    I have a different problem... My remote on the fly more combo wasn't linked to the drone. I followed the steps and I linked it manually. Then the iPhone will not find the wifi for the drone itself only the rc. I proceeded to reset the wifi connection (9 seconds) and now the link between the remote and the Spark gets lost again... I would if all the above 3 times and always the same problem is occurring, I need to chose if I want to connect with the phone or the remote and go through the resting everytime...

My Spark is also "fly more combo" like yours. Everytime I switch Spark from RC Mode to Mobile Mode (hold Power Button 6 seconds until hearing double "beep" sound) . My smartphone can auto connect to Spark normally without doing "pair" process again.
    Otherwise, when I switch Spark from Mobile Mode to RC Mode (hold Power 3 seconds until hearing a "beep" sound) , my RC did not auto reconnect to Spark again.  I have to bring Spark outdoor (mandatory behaviour at this time because the firmware of the Spark) and perform "pairing" process with RC again.
    2017-7-11
    Use props
    Tommy Vu
    lvl.2
    Vietnam

Vincka Posted at 2017-7-11 02:04

Very weird behavior...

Once your Spark already switched to RC Mode and "link" successfully with RC outdoor. You can power off them all and bring them indoor. Then You can try Powering On the Spark firstly,  turn on RC after that. Waiting for led light on the RC stop blinking Red and it will auto connect to the Spark (at this time the RC's led light will turn from solid Red to solid Green) without doing "paring" process anymore.
    But if you switch it from RC Mode to Mobile Mode, next time you have to do "pairing" process outdoor again once you want to switch it back to RC Mode from Mobile Mode.
    2017-7-11
    Use props
    Vincka
    lvl.1
    Belgium

Tommy Vu Posted at 2017-7-11 08:50
    My Spark is also "fly more combo" like yours. Everytime I switch Spark from RC Mode to Mobile Mode (hold Power Button 6 seconds until hearing double "beep" sound) . My smartphone can auto connect to Spark normally without doing "pair" process again.
    Otherwise, when I switch Spark from Mobile Mode to RC Mode (hold Power 3 seconds until hearing a "beep" sound) , my RC did not auto reconnect to Spark again.  I have to bring Spark outdoor (mandatory behaviour at this time because the firmware of the Spark) and perform "pairing" process with RC again.

In your opinion, it is normal to have to link RC to Spark each time you have used Mobile Device before, and it is mandatory to do that outdoor ?

Would you mind to explain what ?

Thank you very much.
    2017-7-11
    Use props
    Konstantinos_an
    Banned
    Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
    2017-7-11
    Use props
    Konstantinos_an
    Banned