Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Controller Link Failure
42423 115 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ashmanz Posted at 2017-8-16 10:28
Hi everyone,

Anyone figure out what to do here? I never got to link the Spark with its remote since I got them. I tried to toggle around with the 'no-fly zone' as some suggested but the failed. Then I tried to run it outside with 14 satellites connected when using my phone to record RTH point and then try linking it to remote, guess what,  it failed. I tried removing the battery and re-inserting it, default factory settings, reset WiFi on both devises and it still won't link. My phone can see both SSID's for the Spark and RC but not the Spark and RC together apperentely.

Have You tried holding the spark power button on for 6 seconds until you hear 1 beep and the press pause, fn, and  the custom button (the one under the camera button) together and then put it next to the spark .. it should beep rapidly and then connect and go green.. this means it has linked..
2017-8-16
Use props
ashmanz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6398 ft
Lebanon

is this normal to see when just having the RC connected to my phone (iOS)?
No channels.
file[23737].png
2017-8-17
Use props
Koshen_Bz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11877 ft
Ukraine

Hi there guys!

I found a solution that worked for me, I will write it here, dunno which way exactly helped me, but here the fix:

1. I downgraded SPARK firmware to first one (with help of DJI Assistant 2)
2. I downgraded RC firmware to first one (long tap on three dots in DJI GO4 app)
3. I installed fake-location app on my Android phone (LG G5) and make fake internet connection, the location I used - New York (not so far away, hah)
4. Turn on SPARK and RC, hold buttons for 9 sec (reset both devices), turn them off, turn them on again.
5. Connected to RC with Wi-Fi and then press PAIR in DJI GO app, RC start beeping, the I hold SPARK button for 3 sec.
6. WOHOOO IT WORKS SOME HOW!

After this I had errors in my SPARK, all gestures, quickshots, active track was not working and DJI Assistant say something like "MODULES MISSMATCH, PLEASE UPDATE", so I updated my SPARK and RC.

Now it works almost perfectly!
2017-8-17
Use props
ashmanz
lvl.1
Lebanon

Koshen_Bz Posted at 2017-8-17 02:05
Hi there guys!

I found a solution that worked for me, I will write it here, dunno which way exactly helped me, but here the fix:

3. I installed fake-location app on my Android phone (LG G5) and make fake internet connection, the location I used - New York (not so far away, hah)

do you mean you used a VPN when connecting to the RC?
2017-8-17
Use props
ashmanz
lvl.1
Lebanon

Koshen_Bz Posted at 2017-8-17 02:05
Hi there guys!

just tried. Didn't work for me
2017-8-17
Use props
Koshen_Bz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11877 ft
Ukraine

ashmanz Posted at 2017-8-17 03:19
just tried. Didn't work for me

Fake GPS-location and VPN based in New-York. Location + VPN, you can find lot of fake-location apps in Google play. I don't really what exactly helps me, but I write steps which I remember. Try to jump between firmwares for SPARK and RC, drone factory reset.

And one detail, my problem starts when I pressed OK in pop-up windows saying something about regional Wi-Fi standards. Now I still have this message, but I always press CANCEL.

Another one detail - RC connection problem was fixed for me, when another problem appears, my drone stop working in ALL intelligent modes, even gesture control. Looks like firmware was installed wrong, but it fixes RC connection error.

All my steps was chaotic, so keep trying, I hope you will fix that problem.  
2017-8-17
Use props
ashmanz
lvl.1
Lebanon

I submitted a request to DJI for a solution. Sent all I can to show them this issue that's facing a lot of Spark/RC owners. Lets see.. after all this should be a pleasant experience  not a programming course
2017-8-18
Use props
Rubik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1224921 ft
United Kingdom

I am also brand new to DJI, nobody to speak to. I know how you are feeling, I cannot make my controller link to my drone, it doesn't get further than the bleeping and flashing green light. The controller is otherwise stuck on red.
2017-8-19
Use props
Rubik
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jet_Lightning Posted at 2017-6-19 10:40
I'm having exactly the same problem, been trying to link the RC and Spark for two days.  The Spark just times out during the linking procedure.  very dissatisfied with the whole thing :-(

At the time of replying to this thread, I have had mine 24 hours. It is heading for eBay. Mine won't link to the controller.
2017-8-19
Use props
ashmanz
lvl.1
Lebanon

I'm keeping my fingers crossed DJI releases a new update next week to rid us of the RC misery.
2017-8-19
Use props
ashmanz
lvl.1
Lebanon

any success after the new firmware upgrades? not for me.
2017-8-22
Use props
djiuser_LNrofKK
New
Flight distance : 1860 ft
Lebanon

Here's the solution. This can be only done with and android phone.
1- Connect the rc to the dji go 4 app.
2- long press on the 3 dashes in the top right corner.
3- downgrade the rc firmware to 1.000.00.300 ( it should take 30 seconds max) wont work with iphone.
4- restart controller.
5- reset wifi settings for controller ( long press power button)
6- turn on spark and reset wifi settings.
7- turn both off and on again.
8- start linking with controller first and then linking with spark.
9- enjoy the green light as much as you can

Its very important to follow these steps and most importantly use an android device. The bug is from the dji go 4 app.
Enjoy Your Flight.
2017-8-24
Use props
ashmanz
lvl.1
Lebanon

I took it to a local shop in Beirut and they fixed it somehow for $30.. definitely not hardware related and shows DJI is clueless to this issue.
2017-8-24
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

I start to have this issue recently.There is the region warning,then linking lost.Cannot link again and need to do some procedure like above posts.very strange,DJI need to figure this matter recently.I am on Android.
Also,the signal is bad."no signal" shows up at 100m distance.
My friend us iphone,flying next to me,first battery is fine.but when he plugged in the 2nd one,distance was limited (and he is not on beginner mode).
2017-8-24
Use props
Rubik
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Don't worry now, its sorted, no need to rattle your brains or even put pen to paper.
2017-8-25
Use props
ikurzik
lvl.1
Ukraine

I had pair issue with my Spark Combo.
My remote can't pair with my Spark. Latest software update (Aug. 30).

Anything from the thread above not helped. So I went to the DJI store and they did it for free. It really takes about 5 min in total.
Here are exact steps what they did:

Read it first from 1-9. You should follow exact steps step-by-step to succeed.
1. Power up your Sparky.
2. Press Power button 9 seconds (3 Beeps)
3. Restart your Spark (power off and on again)
4. Press Power button 6 seconds (2 beeps)
5. Restart your Spark.
6. Press Power button 3 seconds (1 beep)
7. Now Power up your remote (just now).
8. Wait till Red light will stop blinking and just remain red.
9. Now press 3 keys on your remote to start the connection.

Do not forget about distance (<20cm) and you'll get it paired in less than 30 seconds from now.
Good Luck!
2017-8-31
Use props
Oleksandrm
lvl.1
Ukraine

Bought my spark and RC separately. Having the same issue now, using latest firmwares. None of the above mentioned methods helped to me. Did anyone figure out which firmware should be installed on both devices to pair successfuly?

2017-9-7
Use props
Oleksandrm
lvl.1
Ukraine

Oleksandrm Posted at 2017-9-7 12:05
Bought my spark and RC separately. Having the same issue now, using latest firmwares. None of the above mentioned methods helped to me. Did anyone figure out which firmware should be installed on both devices to pair successfuly?

Downgraded RC firmware to 0.300 and done steps in prev. post. Everything linked fine. Finally.
2017-9-7
Use props
djiuser_vFjFgfu
lvl.1
Singapore

ikurzik Posted at 2017-8-31 05:55

hi Ikurzik,
i follow your procedure and now my RC can pair with spark perfectly...
i went to fly and everything worked fine... able to fly attitude up to 60m ..
thank you so much.... have a nice day to you !!
2017-9-8
Use props
djiuser_vFjFgfu
lvl.1
Singapore

djiuser_vFjFgfu Posted at 2017-9-8 20:29
hi Ikurzik,
i follow your procedure and now my RC can pair with spark perfectly...
i went to fly and everything worked fine... able to fly attitude up to 60m ..

Hi all, below is the procedure from IKURZIK, it works PERFECTLY. Thank you soooo much....
1. Power up your Sparky.
2. Press Power button 9 seconds (3 Beeps)
3. Restart your Spark (power off and on again)
4. Press Power button 6 seconds (2 beeps)
5. Restart your Spark.
6. Press Power button 3 seconds (1 beep)
7. Now Power up your remote (just now).
8. Wait till Red light will stop blinking and just remain red.
9. Now press 3 keys on your remote to start the connection.

Do not forget about distance (<20cm) and you'll get it paired in less than 30 seconds from now.
Good Luck!
2017-9-8
Use props
Scobo
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone confirm if it's possible to upgrade/downgrade the RC firmware with Dji Assistant ?
I know it can be done with the Mavic RC.
2017-9-17
Use props
Scobo
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

Scobo Posted at 2017-9-17 05:44
Can anyone confirm if it's possible to upgrade/downgrade the RC firmware with Dji Assistant ?
I know it can be done with the Mavic RC.

Just read the manual. The answer's no, only the Dji  Go app can change the firmware.
2017-9-17
Use props
Katinko
New
Flight distance : 48858 ft
Philippines

still stuck on non linkage tried absolutely everything!
2017-10-27
Use props
pampa
lvl.1

Ukraine

I had exactly the same issue and spent tremendous # of hours trying to connect spark to controller. Then I reached local DJI support guy in Ukraine who shared method how do it. Works like a charm. So, the trick is: when you hold sparks power button for ~9 secs until 3 beeps, you should turn spark off immediately when spark LEDs start to blink green. Do not wait them to finish blinking and do not wait any seconds after before you shut spark down. So, once it starts to blink green, indicating wifi settings reset - turn spark off. Then turn it on, press power for 3 secs until it beeps once, and hold 3 buttons on controller as described in manual. It works then. Good luck everyone
2017-11-9
Use props
Taher Karaki

Lebanon

The trick that did it for me was to shut off the aircraft instantly after resetting the aircraft by pressing and holding the battery button for 9 seconds until you hear the 3 beeps. Then instantly shut off the aircraft. After that turn on the aircraft and link it using hardware buttons on the remote. Good luck!!!
2017-12-26
Use props
twiggidy
New
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys I was having trouble linking my remote to my Spark as well. I read the DJI FAQs

You have to press and hold the power button on the Spark until you hear it beep and then the front red leds will flash

The you hold the "Pause", "Fn", and "C1" button simultaneously (the C1 button is the button on the right below the shutter release).  The remote will beep and the light on the remote will turn green indicating you're connected. At first I was only pressing Pause and Fn as indicated on a blog and it didn't work. When I followed the instructions from DJI it worked.

Also make sure all your firmware is up to date as I'm sure that could be part of the issue too. Hope it helps.
2017-12-27
Use props
Taher Karaki

Lebanon

twiggidy Posted at 2017-12-27 15:14
Hi guys I was having trouble linking my remote to my Spark as well. I read the DJI FAQs

You have to press and hold the power button on the Spark until you hear it beep and then the front red leds will flash

Solved: I tried every single solution proposed online and nothing worked. The only thing that worked is as follows: After resetting the aircraft by holding the battery button for 9 seconds and hearing the 3 beeps, you have to instantly shut off the aircraft. I mean really instantly. Then turn it back on and follow the usual process to link.

It worked, I've tried it. Good luck!
2017-12-28
Use props
fans25101172
lvl.1

Lebanon

Well i have same issue what u can do:
Reset spark for by puching the button 9 second then reset the rc the same way after reboot both and try the link again using 3 second puch and holding rc buttons ..... Stop any cell phone when doing this...it works for me after one week trying
2017-12-28
Use props
djiuser_8nCZ79n
New

United Arab Emirates

it happened to me for 3 days since i opened the box. i have read one possible solution and it worked for me. "firstly connect your mobile to your spark, then go outside and fly your drone using your mobile. like establishing a gps connection. then land your spark. and try linking your RC to spark. it worked for me. hopefully will work with you as well.
2018-1-4
Use props
Emir7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5686 ft
Turkey

Hi,  I'm quite new on this. (the third fly I think)  I've got the same thing. This is solved my issue that link below;
https://www.heliguy.com/blog/con ... -remote-controller/
2018-1-15
Use props
Eugene K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 585669 ft
Ukraine

ikurzik Posted at 2017-8-31 05:55

I confirm that this solution works! Thanks man! Дякую, друже ))
2018-2-5
Use props
djiuser_X7VNLRAemvAY
New

Bangladesh

pampa Posted at 2017-11-9 08:26
I had exactly the same issue and spent tremendous # of hours trying to connect spark to controller. Then I reached local DJI support guy in Ukraine who shared method how do it. Works like a charm. So, the trick is: when you hold sparks power button for ~9 secs until 3 beeps, you should turn spark off immediately when spark LEDs start to blink green. Do not wait them to finish blinking and do not wait any seconds after before you shut spark down. So, once it starts to blink green, indicating wifi settings reset - turn spark off. Then turn it on, press power for 3 secs until it beeps once, and hold 3 buttons on controller as described in manual. It works then. Good luck everyone

Thank you so much for the tip. after downgrading my firmware with mixture of your valuable tip I am finally able to link my drone with the controllee
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_X7VNLRAemvAY
New

Bangladesh

pampa Posted at 2017-11-9 08:26

thank you man your tip finally let me connect to the drone
2018-2-10
Use props
fans5396550a
New

Australia

same issue here!!! waste me months, very dusappoinedted
2018-3-3
Use props
fansd35f5288
lvl.1

United States

I was having this issue and it was driving me crazy after dropping hundreds and not being able to fly with the remote. The following worked/works for me and is not readily available on a google search. Thank me later!
Turn on the spark. Once on, hold the power button down for 3 seconds until you hear a beep. Let go. Turn on remote. Hold down the pause, FN and the right trigger button (-) together at once. The remote will beep and the red light of death will change to green. Open phones WiFi  and select the remote, login. Launch the dji app and go fly.
Maybe this solution is on her but a simple google search did not show anything. I was going to mail the remote back  and this saved my sanity.
2018-10-14
Use props
Jayson Ramsey
New

United States

I just bought the spark and remote together its linked but how do i get the remote to work its not responding from the controls to move the drone but the control for the camera on the remote works
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules