P3P 99% working but no live feed?!?
2973 10 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CRW6006
New

United States

Hi hopefully someone can help, I tried using the search function but it doesn’t work very well and I do apologize about the novel, just trying to be thorough haha. So recently I acquired a P3P from a distant family member. Thing hadn't flown in months or years?, was missing props, a battery & charger AND its out of warranty... After getting a new battery I started updating firmwares and all. RC was not a problem but updating the AC did not go very well..

I updated manually via the 500GB SD card included by reformatting the card first. Then I made sure RC was off and inserted the SD card. Initially everything was going smoothly, LED above gimbal was blinking green to red, after 1-2 min the sound changed as if it started rewriting/updating itself then not even 2-3min into that it switched to solid red light and started emitting this terrifying buzzing sound. I left it as is for a few minutes in case it would reset itself or something but it started getting really hot and did not look normal so I shut it off. Feeling alarmed I formatted the SD again and tried updating again but to no avail, same thing happened. I took out the SD card out and turned it on again and it fired right up no problem! So I put the SD in my pc to delete the bin file, put it back in my AC, okay let’s try this again.

Started the RC, plugged my phone, lunched DJI GO, started the AC. Everything connected automatically first try, did all the initial calibration and almost everything seemed to work except for the video feed!! I see the map just fine and can control the gimbal's every movement, take pictures and videos but I am doing so blindly..  I can also fly the bird without any issues.

Now the in App it says I have the latest firmware even though the update failed..
DJI GO 3.1.5
RC 1.8
AC 1.10.9
Phone is a Nexus 6P with latest Android Nougat 7.1.2

Not being sure if this was a firmware update issue or a communication issue, here is a list of things I tried:

- Uninstalled & reinstalled DJI GO

- Remove & put back SD card while everything is running

- Tried a different app CAVU FPV for DJI drones and still same no video feed problem

- Tried airplane mode

- Thinking it could be because of my aftermarket USB C cable - I tried with an OEM Nexus USB C cable

- Tried with my old Galaxy S4 but same thing except this time I get a red "no signal" error message on top of the HUD

- Tried firing everything up in different sequence

- Tried to update again by including a P3X_FW_DEBUG.txt along with the bin file on the SD card

- Tried to "force" update by holding down the sync button on the AC then powering it on whilst still holding the sync for roughly 10 second. To my surprise this got me the furthest of all the things I tried. It started updating, blinking all the right lights and making all the right chirps. After 20 min it did the dreaded buzzing sounds and solid red LED..

Things I haven’t tried yet:

- Using Apple device but that's just not really an option for me

- Trying different SD card - but current one works fine and I can retrieve pictures from it with no issues.. (I can only format this SD card to ExFat(default) or NTFS, would a new 8GB card in FAT32 work or are DJI drones ExFat only?)

- Downgrading AC, RC & APP altogether but which versions works ?...
-Take RC & AC completely apart for visual inspection

- New cables.. If the gray and black ribbon cables on the gimbal were damaged, could it affect video transmission? I mean I can still operate the gimbal perfectly and take pictures... which cable does what? Is this a transmitter issue with the RC? with android?

Suggestions anyone? Any and all the help is much appreciated!!

Will keep this thread updated until problem is fixed or drone is sold for parts xD

Cheers

2017-6-18
Use props
ThePhotoDemon
New
United States

I, too, am having problems using the Nexus 6P with my P3S. The app seems to think it's an Inspire and not a Phantom, and when I tap the "camera" button under the Inspire I get a black screen with the map (which is accurate) and it says "disconnected" across the top. It will not connect when I swipe over to the Phantom 3 screen. No issues with my iPad Pro 9.7". Both devices are running their latest OS and most up-to-date version of the DJI Go app.
2017-7-25
Use props
mark sinsel
New
United States

i have the same problem with no help from support they act like this is the first time the heard on the no signal problem i am going with a different drone company . i bought this because of live feed and this thing is useless with out it ,
2017-7-25
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

mark sinsel Posted at 2017-7-25 07:21
i have the same problem with no help from support they act like this is the first time the heard on the no signal problem i am going with a different drone company . i bought this because of live feed and this thing is useless with out it ,

Sorry for your troubles and although you have tried the right things, something is surely still wrong. I can't imagine that you cannot get your P3P straightened out somehow. I can only tell you I have helped several friends of mine with updates and I did have a similar issue once with a failed upgrade. It sounds to me like you were concerned that it was getting warm and decided to turn it off before it finished. I understand! But I am wondering if your missing video feed is because of the incomplete firmware upgrade. I had a Phantom that literally took an hour to complete. The darn thing was also making these strange loud noises I had never experienced before. I figured I was going to win this war and installed a fresh battery, newly formatted sd-card with the bin file and turned it back on to give it another shot. I stuck it in the basement and walked away from it. Checked a couple times and it was still making all kinds of strange sounds, lights making weird flashing, etc. After about an hour I checked on it and it was perfectly quite except for the common D-DD when it is finished, light on the gimbal was green and all was good. I can't explain what all happened, but it flew great and has been good ever since. This probably isn't helping you much, but I think I would try it one one more time and just let it go. Cross your fingers!
2017-7-25
Use props
ThePhotoDemon
New
United States

ThePhotoDemon Posted at 2017-7-25 06:05
I, too, am having problems using the Nexus 6P with my P3S. The app seems to think it's an Inspire and not a Phantom, and when I tap the "camera" button under the Inspire I get a black screen with the map (which is accurate) and it says "disconnected" across the top. It will not connect when I swipe over to the Phantom 3 screen. No issues with my iPad Pro 9.7". Both devices are running their latest OS and most up-to-date version of the DJI Go app.

I got it to work this morning! Put phone into airplane mode and turned on wi-fi, started the copter and the controller, then opened DJI Go and all was right.
2017-7-25
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

ThePhotoDemon Posted at 2017-7-25 07:41
I got it to work this morning! Put phone into airplane mode and turned on wi-fi, started the copter and the controller, then opened DJI Go and all was right.

Glad you got yours figured out!
2017-7-25
Use props
mark sinsel
New
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-7-25 07:41
Sorry for your troubles and although you have tried the right things, something is surely still wrong. I can't imagine that you cannot get your P3P straightened out somehow. I can only tell you I have helped several friends of mine with updates and I did have a similar issue once with a failed upgrade. It sounds to me like you were concerned that it was getting warm and decided to turn it off before it finished. I understand! But I am wondering if your missing video feed is because of the incomplete firmware upgrade. I had a Phantom that literally took an hour to complete. The darn thing was also making these strange loud noises I had never experienced before. I figured I was going to win this war and installed a fresh battery, newly formatted sd-card with the bin file and turned it back on to give it another shot. I stuck it in the basement and walked away from it. Checked a couple times and it was still making all kinds of strange sounds, lights making weird flashing, etc. After about an hour I checked on it and it was perfectly quite except for the common D-DD when it is finished, light on the gimbal was green and all was good. I can't explain what all happened, but it flew great and has been good ever since. This probably isn't helping you much, but I think I would try it one one more time and just let it go. Cross your fingers!

not sure if this helps but this is what it states in the logs i think this is the last entry it was at the bottom if you need more let me know and thank you for your help i am very ready to let this one go and buy a different one it also states the update failed but the apps states it is 1.11.20
[00191237]Firmware upgrading[1]...
[00191326][09 00] Firmware upgrade start...
[00243558][09 00] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00243631]Done.

[00243688]Version checking[2]...
[00243800][03 06][00] v2.4.20.50 -> v2.4.20.50
[00244001][03 05][00] v34.2.0.9 -> v34.2.0.9
[00244081][04 00][00] v1.48.0.0 -> v1.48.0.0
[00244224][11 00][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[00244359][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33, firmware v1.8.0.0 not support.
[00244424][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33
[00244529][12 00][00] v1.12.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0
[00244629][12 01][00] v1.12.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0
[00244729][12 02][00] v1.12.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0
[00244832][12 03][00] v1.12.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0
[00257403][15 00][00] device not detected.
[00257548][17 00][00] v1.1.1.7 -> v1.1.1.7
[00257713][17 01][00] v1.0.2.7 -> v1.0.2.7
[00257801][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[00257867][01 00][00] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00257936][01 01][00] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00270502][08 00][00] device not detected.
[00270580][09 00][05] v4.1.0.0 -> v4.1.0.0
[00270646]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.

2017-7-31
Use props
mark sinsel
New
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-7-25 07:41

i have attempt the u[date about 30 times i give up and i have exhausted everything and have tried everything so i am out of ideas
2017-7-31
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

mark sinsel Posted at 2017-7-31 15:47
i have attempt the u[date about 30 times i give up and i have exhausted everything and have tried everything so i am out of ideas

So sorry to hear you can't get it figured out. I can't imagine how you must feel.
I'm sure you have seen the posts about using the 3rd party direction to roll back the P4?
I wonder if it would work for your P3P? You are probably ready just to be done with it I would guess.
Here is that link about the downgrading just in case you were wondering.
[url=https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FprPluM1nFEJ:https://forum.dji.com/thread-105 ... p;ct=clnk&gl=ca]Downgrade with .exe[/url]

I  wish someone could help you man. If I may ask, where are in the states are you? Is there anything close to you that you could sent it to?
2017-8-2
Use props
Nic6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1165 ft
Sweden

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-2 08:14
So sorry to hear you can't get it figured out. I can't imagine how you must feel.
I'm sure you have seen the posts about using the 3rd party direction to roll back the P4?
I wonder if it would work for your P3P? You are probably ready just to be done with it I would guess.

You must send away for repair, see post 4 here;-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D369%26typeid%3D369

Quote from main drone fixer in the United Kingdom....

10/03/2019 3:20 pm    Doctor Sheldon

Hi Nic,

Thanks for getting in contact.

The fault you describe is not uncommon and could be the "08-15 error", which occurs after a failed firmware update. Unfortunately the only fix for this is to replace the camera/gimbal unit and this is a problem since DJI stopped manufacturing them some time ago.

We may be able to repair the unit in house however with this fault it cannot be guaranteed, and if not we'd have to forward the unit to DJI's Holland service centre where they still have some stock of new camera/gimbal units.

So although the camera works the whole gimbal and camera has to be replaced because DJI knowingly and recklessly put a firmware upgrade out which wasn't tested, this is why the Phantom models are being discontinued...

I will keep you updated ...

2019-3-10
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

ThePhotoDemon Posted at 2017-7-25 06:05

You are suppose to SLIDE from right to left.  This will select the P3 screen.
Make sure you are using the correct GO app as well.  You need the one that says BEFORE P4

Also, I've noticed that if I turn the RC on, and the cable is connected, on Android, it should bring up the app thats associated with the device you just turned on.  

If thats not happening, then its either a bad USB cable or the actual plug in on the RC.
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules