Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey all.
So the Spark is £150 more in the Uk and I'm in the USA soon so could get one shipped out there.

Is there anythng I need t be aware of when doing this? Any technically issues with teh frequences?

R
2017-6-18
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The only technical issue will be the plug on the charger.
The main thing to worry about is UK customs charging you import duty and VAT when you bring it back.
Warranty wise you will have to send it back to the US if you have any problems as the DJI warranty is only valid in the country purchased from.
Good luck...
2017-6-18
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

The only thing is the charger, you can put the spark in your suite case on the way home. But spark is in the UK Amazon FYI
http://amzn.to/2sEJ5ZZ
2017-6-18
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Harbourside Posted at 2017-6-18 10:11
The only technical issue will be the plug on the charger.
The main thing to worry about is UK customs charging you import duty and VAT when you bring it back.
Warranty wise you will have to send it back to the US if you have any problems as the DJI warranty is only valid in the country purchased from.

Isn't it just an IEC cable - or whatever it's called - The 'figure of eight' cable?

2017-6-20
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Satureyes Posted at 2017-6-20 03:47
Isn't it just an IEC cable - or whatever it's called - The 'figure of eight' cable?

Yes its figure 8 at the charger end, and a country specific plug at the other.
If you already have a spare figure 8 lead then you can use that.

Note; that was for the Mavic, the spark uses a USB charger that plugs direct into the wall socket, but if you already have a UK USB charger then you should be fine...
2017-6-20
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It appears the warranty is the main issue now - that the warranty won't work in the UK if shipped to the USA. I could buy 'refresh' in the UK which would cover me where I bought it but then the cost of refresh is probably about the same as the difference in price initially.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules