NO GPS, Gimbal overload on first startup
1047 5 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Hello.. I unboxed and activated my P4P this morning, removed the gimbal guard and the plastic on sensors.  I went to run a flight simulation but when I opened the GO interface I get a message saying Gimbal Mode Overload then Cannot Take Off No GPS. Removed and reinstalled DJI Go and got same results.
I tried inside my home and also outside in a clear area but the messages recurs as soon as the app/program starts.
Please advise - I have spent hours preparing and now wish to make my first simulation.
thank you
dm

2017-6-18
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Got it - the protector was the problem for the overload, but the No GPS recurs inside or outside in an area where my car GPS always gets a solid signal (different sats, of course).
Anyway, will try a large field nearby tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.
2017-6-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You will be lucky to get any GPS reception inside your home or any building, better to make all your tests outside in an area with a clear view of the sky.
2017-6-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CanonMax Posted at 2017-6-18 12:24
I hope you also removed the gimbal-protector located at the BACK of the camera?

Take care,

Yep, sounds like that Max. But for the op, that's the grey foam insert referenced here.

Essentially, you'll get the motor overload message when the gimbal tries to move, or tries to move the camera,  but can't due to an obstruction or otherwise being held. There are three axis to the gimbal, with motors at each axis point. Any of those could be reporting the error.
2017-6-18
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

Also make sure there is nothing touching the camera. The cameras is mighty close to the ground so anything that sticks up can cause overload from a few blades of grass to the pile on a carpet
2017-6-18
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope you also removed the gimbal-protector located at the BACK of the camera?

Take care,

Max
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules