Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibrate the Inspire2 FPV gimbal
5941 36 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans420fe723
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5225404 ft
United States

How can I calibrate my Inspire2's FPV gimbal??
2017-6-18
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Calibrate the Inspire2 FPV gimbal

How can I calibrate my Inspire2's FPV gimbal??
2017-6-18
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Crazy FPV camera

As of yesterday my FPV camera went nuts, It moves up and down as well as side to side. It does not have a stable horizon. I don't know if this can be attributed to the Go 4 App or is it something else. Can anyone advise?? Thx
2017-6-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to know the answer to this question. I was unable to find anything regarding the FPV camera

DJI please answer  

Rich
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Can FPV camera finish self-calibration normally when power on? Have you collided it unconsciously? Is it convenient to send us a short video? We would appreciate that very much.
2017-6-19
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Ok I will tonight, thank you. I have not collided with anything.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans420fe723 Posted at 2017-6-19 02:39
Ok I will tonight, thank you. I have not collided with anything.

OK, waiting for your video.
2017-6-19
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Is there a fix for the ever drifting X5s gimbal ?
No amount of auto calibration seems to fix this..
2017-6-19
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

The link to the video is :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7kur51VZaj0QjR2cXB6Sk1ORWs

Let me know if you can't view it for some reason. Thanks.
2017-6-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 01:58
Can FPV camera finish self-calibration normally when power on? Have you collided it unconsciously? Is it convenient to send us a short video? We would appreciate that very much.

Hello Mindy

Can I calibrate my Inspire2's FPV camera gimbal to get it centered again?  How do you do this procedure?

Rich
2017-6-19
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Hello Mindy, what did you think of my video.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Hello Mindy, have you had a chance to view the video you requested I send in. It's a great depiction of the issue I'm having with my I2 FPV. Thx for your time.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Hello, has anyone had a chance to view my video listed above, would greatly appreciate your expertise. Thx
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I've contacted our engineer to check the video you uploaded, it seems the FPV camera has hardware defect, we suggest to send in for repair, I'm sorry there is no calibration method for FPV camera at the moment, repair center will assist to take care it. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-6-23
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Thank you, but the FPV camera was fine untill I changed over to the new DJI Go 4 App. I was wondering if there would be a firmware update coming soon in regards to the FPV.
2017-6-23
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Every app upgrade is a operational downgrade for the Inspire 2.... There is always a new bug and no fix.
I've got $10k invested in this setup so far and I wish I never bought the Inspire 2 with X5s and just kept my old Phantom 4.
2017-6-23
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

I hear you Ronin, I for one wish this issue with the FPV would be taken care of through firmware. One of the many reasons I sold my I1pro(great bird) was so I could enjoy the use of an FPV camera. Now my is nuts!!
2017-6-23
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Seriously DJI make one specific app for each product and stop spreading the virus. Junk in Junk out...
Why have crap in the app that does not work in the Inspire 2 and the crap for the Inspire 2 is just hit or miss at best now.
It's amazing that I long for the good old days of my Inspire 2 and those days were only 5 months ago....

Hey DJI, how about a buy back program much like VW did with their TDI product line...after all we bought the hype and did not get what we paid for, you know a finished bug free $10K drone.
2017-6-23
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Ronin did you have a chance to view my video, what are your thoughts.
2017-6-24
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans420fe723 Posted at 2017-6-24 06:30
Ronin did you have a chance to view my video, what are your thoughts.

Yes I did, that may be the only thing "not" wrong with my $10K package of junk...
My Inspire work great up until I installed the latest firm/software update.
I flew it today and it started to drift away while in hover in "P" mode no wind to cause this .
The X5s video feed back to my iPad mini is now totally screwed up, this is seriously a pice of crap now.

It's hard not to really say how I feel about this junk without getting banned...

I honestly would like to get rid of this setup before it crashes and hurts someone...

I have zero faith in this DJI product now..
2017-6-24
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

I hate to hear your having so many issues with your I2. Got the bird and the X5S for $4,500. Only spent about $350 on extras. I just up graded to an IPad 4 from a 3. I'm no longer getting the CPU over loaded message. Switched over to H 265 and 5.8, doing better. However the issue with the FPV camera persists. I truely believe it's a firmware issue. DJI if your reading this, I never had this issue with the FPV before the Go4 App. Please send us a firmware update that address this as well as the other issues noted by others. Hopefully Ronin this kind of firmware will fix your issues. Fly safe.
2017-6-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-23 20:40
Seriously DJI make one specific app for each product and stop spreading the virus. Junk in Junk out...
Why have crap in the app that does not work in the Inspire 2 and the crap for the Inspire 2 is just hit or miss at best now.
It's amazing that I long for the good old days of my Inspire 2 and those days were only 5 months ago....

Ronin,

Sorry you are having so much trouble. I have been waiting to buy my Inspire 2 and just got one last week. DJI will come through with some fixes, just give them a chance for R&D to solve the problems.

I would suggest you downgrade your FW by using the DJI Assistant 2 software. After you have downgraded the I2 and RC, please be sure to calibrate your IMU and compass before flying.

All the best and hang in there my friend
Rich
2017-6-24
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone else had an opertutity to view my video on the issues with my FPV. Appreciate the cometary.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans420fe723 Posted at 2017-6-24 18:22
I hate to hear your having so many issues with your I2. Got the bird and the X5S for $4,500. Only spent about $350 on extras. I just up graded to an IPad 4 from a 3. I'm no longer getting the CPU over loaded message. Switched over to H 265 and 5.8, doing better. However the issue with the FPV camera persists. I truely believe it's a firmware issue. DJI if your reading this, I never had this issue with the FPV before the Go4 App. Please send us a firmware update that address this as well as the other issues noted by others. Hopefully Ronin this kind of firmware will fix your issues. Fly safe.

It's impossible that the updating of DJI Go 4 caused FPV issue. We need you to send in your drone for further analysis, appreciate your cooperation. If you believe it's a firmware issue, please try to downgrade the firmware of aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 or make the factory reset.
2017-6-26
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

Ok I'll try that Mindy, I appreciate your time, thx
2017-6-27
Use props
jburkett
lvl.2

Hong Kong

sorry for this , it seems that thare are some hardware issue with the pitch motor, which needs to be repair, you can contact dji service ... T_T
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans420fe723 Posted at 2017-6-27 06:55
Ok I'll try that Mindy, I appreciate your time, thx

fans420fe723, please keep us posted, how's it going after downgrading the firmware?
2017-6-29
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

So Mindy, do you believe my issue to be one of firmware or hardware?
2017-6-29
Use props
adamblakesley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 759859 ft
Canada

fans420fe723 Posted at 2017-6-18 19:02
As of yesterday my FPV camera went nuts, It moves up and down as well as side to side. It does not have a stable horizon. I don't know if this can be attributed to the Go 4 App or is it something else. Can anyone advise?? Thx

I have this same problem. Just got Inspire2 back from being repaired at DJI and had just passed their quality assurance. Had to update firmware before first flight after getting back, but notice that FPV camera is acting crazy. Every 20 seconds or so it flicks itself in all directions a few times and then returns to normal -- although crooked horizon. Not affecting anything else I don't think, but must be as a result of latest firmware.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
United States

adamblakesley Posted at 2017-8-3 13:31
I have this same problem. Just got Inspire2 back from being repaired at DJI and had just passed their quality assurance. Had to update firmware before first flight after getting back, but notice that FPV camera is acting crazy. Every 20 seconds or so it flicks itself in all directions a few times and then returns to normal -- although crooked horizon. Not affecting anything else I don't think, but must be as a result of latest firmware.

I just got my I2 back today from DJI. Will try to fly tomorrow will let you know how the FPV handles.
2017-8-21
Use props
Steven brooks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 854380 ft
Botswana

I have had 2 inspire 2 machines. Both are equally crap. Been sending test footage and logs to dji with no joy. Always a bot replying the same thing. Checked software updated everything...calibrated everything in cold conditions and yet it can't even hover in place. The property blows it out the water when it comes to stability. I film wildlife for a huge production company and a lot of our shots are slow 4-6kmph for beautiful cinematic shots but the i2 can even hold a straight track. I will never buy dji nor will I recommend it. A lot of my peers has also decided to not use their products. They don't really cater for pro film makers. They cater for numbers and quantity sold. So DJI u are about to loose a 200k and year client. Thanks for nothing.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Steven brooks Posted at 2017-10-27 03:10
I have had 2 inspire 2 machines. Both are equally crap. Been sending test footage and logs to dji with no joy. Always a bot replying the same thing. Checked software updated everything...calibrated everything in cold conditions and yet it can't even hover in place. The property blows it out the water when it comes to stability. I film wildlife for a huge production company and a lot of our shots are slow 4-6kmph for beautiful cinematic shots but the i2 can even hold a straight track. I will never buy dji nor will I recommend it. A lot of my peers has also decided to not use their products. They don't really cater for pro film makers. They cater for numbers and quantity sold. So DJI u are about to loose a 200k and year client. Thanks for nothing.

Steve, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product.
If I understand properly, the problem you encountered with the drone is it cannot hover steadily right?
By which channel you contacted our support? If it is email, please provide us the ticket number, thus we are able to check more details, thanks.
2017-10-27
Use props
SkyFilms
lvl.1
United States

can not hover steadily.  same problem as my Inspire 2.  

mavic on left, Inspire 2 on right.  DJI says change props, factory update, calibrate IMU and compass.  did all that more than once.  still same problem.  Mindy has tried to be helpful, but the line is getting to be old with no results.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SkyFilms Posted at 2017-11-15 10:35
can not hover steadily.  same problem as my Inspire 2.  

mavic on left, Inspire 2 on right.  DJI says change props, factory update, calibrate IMU and compass.  did all that more than once.  still same problem.  Mindy has tried to be helpful, but the line is getting to be old with no results.

Hello, Sir, we are trying our best to assist, it is not very convenient for us to follow up your case if you post it in many thread. Please keep us posted in your own thread. Appreciate your understanding.
2017-11-15
Use props
CalDrone
lvl.1
United States

I too have a problem with the FPV camera.  About every 30 seconds it performs an erratic behavior as seen in the attached video.  Brand new Inspire 2.  Firmware fully up to date.

FPV issue I2
2017-12-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

CalDrone Posted at 2017-12-24 10:16
I too have a problem with the FPV camera.  About every 30 seconds it performs an erratic behavior as seen in the attached video.  Brand new Inspire 2.  Firmware fully up to date.

FPV issue I2

Yours is sick.  FPV camera should go down and up and then straight ahead on starting up and that's about it.  Shouldn't go wonky every 30 seconds.

Since it's new, and if it was mine, I'd exchange it and PRONTO!
2017-12-24
Use props
Mikelo21
New

United States

I know this is an old thread, but I see that there was no solution. I'm wondering if that has changed. My Inspire 2's FPV camera is off center. It is a brand new FPV camera that I replaced. The DJI Go 4 App is giving me no errors. The FPV gimbal stabilizes. I have full control over the pitch, but it is not level on the roll axis.
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules