Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Big problems with latest upgrade!
2886 33 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I have the P4P+. I upgraded my RC to v1.2.0.0 and the assistant 2 to v1.1.0_2. When I attempted to upgrade my AC to v01.4.0602 the download took forever so I turned the AC off, then back on. The download then ran to completion after a long time but the upgrade failed. I had to put the battery charger on charge because the download took so loing that the battery ran down to 50%. But the battery got a 1 blinking light error. I put the battery back into my AC and when I turn on my RC and phantom, I get a message that I can only fly 30 meters and 60 meters that if I don't like that, go back to an old version. I attempted to go back to an old version but the downgrade failed just as the upgrade failed. I put the battery back on the charger and it looks like it is now charging. What should I do? I will attempt to downgrade the RC and AC once the battery is fully charged. My suggestiion is do not upgrade if your P4P(+) is working okay. This is the first upgrade that I have had very bad results with.

2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Also the name of the RC upgrade file is wrong. It is called GL300E_v1200_20170609 but should be called GL300E_RC_v1200_20170609. The remote does recognize the file and upgrades fine though.
2017-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried relinking the RC to the aircraft ?
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-18 14:55

No, the battery is currently on the charger and isn't quite 100% charged yet. I will turn on the RC and AC once the battery is done charging and see what messages appear.
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Does the distance restriction message mean that the 'screen' of the P4P+ needs to be connected to wifi in order for the distance restriction to resolve?
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I turned on the RC and AC. The following message appears:
1. After the latest firmware update your flight altitude and distance will be limited to 30m and 50m if you fly without first connecting to a DJI compatible app and log into your DJI account.

2. If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware.

How can I log into my account if I don't have an ISP to get to the internet? Or, is it a one time log in at home, and I don't have to log in again while flying?
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

My RC is forcing me to log in but it can not connect to the internet so I can not log in. Is there a physical way to reset my remote control?
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I am stuck. I used the Assistant2 v1.1.0 software to factory reset my remote control but the first thing that my RC does is ask me to log in to my account and I can not because the RC can not log into my wifi. I can not get to the RC settings to see what the problem is with the RC wifi setting. Any advice?
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

DJI owes P4P+ owners a free P4P remote so a phone with a data plan can be used. My drone is bricked.
2017-6-18
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-18 16:08
I am stuck. I used the Assistant2 v1.1.0 software to factory reset my remote control but the first thing that my RC does is ask me to log in to my account and I can not because the RC can not log into my wifi. I can not get to the RC settings to see what the problem is with the RC wifi setting. Any advice?

I thought you could swipe down from the very top of the screen and get to the settings. An invisible menu is up there I think....
Have you tried that?
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

rparge Posted at 2017-6-18 16:30
I thought you could swipe down from the very top of the screen and get to the settings. An invisible menu is up there I think....
Have you tried that?

I didn't know about that. I swiped and tapped on the wifi icon and an exclamation mark appears next to it but it doesn't give a list of broadcast wifi networks.
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-18 16:36
I didn't know about that. I swiped and tapped on the wifi icon and an exclamation mark appears next to it but it doesn't give a list of broadcast wifi networks.

Thank you! I tapped and held the wifi icon from the drop down and a list of networks appear! Maybe I wont need the normal remote after all
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Information for anyone who has hosed their P4P+ with the RC update. I put remote control software v1.1.3.0 onto the sd card and used the local update on the RC to restore it. After that the DJI has stopped message appeared every single time I turned on the remote so I connected the RC to the Assistant2 program and reset the RC to factory default, again. Doing this fixed the DJI stopped problem and I am all set TG. The AC did not update TG so I did not have to down grade anything on the AC. I am back to where I was this morning and I can fly without wifi like I have been doing.
2017-6-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

And the last follow up information, I took it for a quick flight everything was fine but the airplane icon on the radar on the RC was pointing in the wrong direction so I will need to calibrate the compass on the remote control.
2017-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-18 15:03
Does the distance restriction message mean that the 'screen' of the P4P+ needs to be connected to wifi in order for the distance restriction to resolve?

I believe that is the case, you need to log into your account via the wifi. Or at least that is what I did with my P4. This is a one off operation, wifi is not required when flyning the P4P.
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-18 17:32
And the last follow up information, I took it for a quick flight everything was fine but the airplane icon on the radar on the RC was pointing in the wrong direction so I will need to calibrate the compass on the remote control.

So all working fine now ?
2017-6-19
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-19 02:48
So all working fine now ?

Yes, it is working well. I didn't know the log in was a one time only for the upgrade, but I have not upgraded yet.
2017-6-21
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-18 15:15
I turned on the RC and AC. The following message appears:
1. After the latest firmware update your flight altitude and distance will be limited to 30m and 50m if you fly without first connecting to a DJI compatible app and log into your DJI account.

You just have to log in again after you install the update at home, for insurance make sure you don't close the app again after you log in and before you fly. I did this with mine yesterday and it worked fine. you might want to check your settings though after the update as it wiped my camera settings after.
2017-6-21
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-21 11:43
Yes, it is working well. I didn't know the log in was a one time only for the upgrade, but I have not upgraded yet.

If you have cellular data you could always try using a hotspot to get internet connection for logging in or an update.
2017-6-21
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-18 17:32

Hi
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you manage to downgrade your P4P+ using Assistant 2?
It doesn't even recognise my RC - Just the AC
Did you have the RC unit plugged into your PC or the drone?

Thanks
2017-6-21
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-21 22:35
Hi
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you manage to downgrade your P4P+ using Assistant 2?

Just re-set to factory settings using RC screen
2017-6-22
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-6-22 03:34
Just re-set to factory settings using RC screen

Yes, I'm aware of that route, but it will only upload and set the latest firmware
Several people have mentioned downgrading their + RC with Assistant, now I didn't think that was possible
2017-6-22
Use props
fanscfde96ba
New
Australia

Hi, I have just tried to upgrade my P4P to V01.04.0602 using DJI assistant from a PC.  Seemed to download and install ok, when I tried to connect the RC, the connection LED flashed red and green, would not connect.  Downgraded to V01.03.0509 and all was good again.  Is there a problem with this latest firmware?
2017-6-22
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-22 05:10
Yes, I'm aware of that route, but it will only upload and set the latest firmware
Several people have mentioned downgrading their + RC with Assistant, now I didn't think that was possible

You downgrade you AC with assistant 2 and then re-set you RC to factory setting via the setting menu on the RC. You don't connect the RC to assistant 2. I will try find the thread that explains it.
2017-6-22
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I believe this is the thread that has the explanation of how to do it.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=99351
2017-6-22
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Kwalter, I had the previous firmware saved on my computer. I copied it to a micro SD card and put it into the slot on the RC. Then navigate on the screen to settings, update, and on the bottom there is the option to update from local. From there it found the firmware loaded on the SD card. After it loaded and down graded, the DJI Go app crashed and I was not able to start it so I then connected my RC to the Assistant2 software and used the Set to Factory option. After that it worked without having a single DJI Go app crash.
2017-6-22
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Kwalter, I had the previous firmware saved on my computer. I copied it to a micro SD card and put it into the slot on the RC. Then navigate on the screen to settings, update, and on the bottom there is the option to update from local. From there it found the firmware loaded on the SD card. After it loaded and down graded, the DJI Go app crashed and I was not able to start it so I then connected my RC to the Assistant2 software and used the Set to Factory option. After that it worked without having a single DJI Go app crash.
2017-6-22
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-21 22:35
Hi

I used the latest version of Assistant2. It recognized my RC but the only option is to factory reset. The factory reset keeps the same version of the RC that has been loaded. So no, a downgrade of the RC is not possible through Assistant2.
2017-6-22
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-6-22 06:44
You downgrade you AC with assistant 2 and then re-set you RC to factory setting via the setting menu on the RC. You don't connect the RC to assistant 2. I will try find the thread that explains it.

Thanks - that's what I thought - not possible to downgrade the RC of the P4P+ directly with Assistant 2
Just the AC
Resetting the RC will upload and install the latest firmware 01.02 - no other choice
The only other way I can see to upload firmware directly to the RC is from an SD card, that's if you can find the right one

Cheers
Keith
2017-6-22
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-22 08:00

That version of the RC firmware you used was for the standard P4P - I did the same and my RC just continually crashed. A software reset just uploads the latest 01.02 firmware and overwrites it - luckily!

Keith
2017-6-22
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-22 12:50
That version of the RC firmware you used was for the standard P4P - I did the same and my RC just continually crashed. A software reset just uploads the latest 01.02 firmware and overwrites it - luckily!

Keith

No, I downgraded to v1.1.3.0. After doing the factory reset I still have v1.1.3.0.
2017-6-22
Use props
fansc9476f58
lvl.1
United States

Had similar problems after a long discussion with dji reinstalled the older version still have issues with warnings but craft flights seem to be working correct vids work and location for home also good  I'm new to this but after all the reports I would try going back to older version till DJI fixed their new version of upgrades
2017-6-22
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-22 12:50

Keith

Ohhh, got ya. Software reset is from the RC. I thought you meant factory reset from the Assistant2 software. The software reset upgrades to the latest, the factory reset keeps the version that is already on the RC.
2017-6-22
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

fansc9476f58 Posted at 2017-6-22 16:41
Had similar problems after a long discussion with dji reinstalled the older version still have issues with warnings but craft flights seem to be working correct vids work and location for home also good  I'm new to this but after all the reports I would try going back to older version till DJI fixed their new version of upgrades

I think the government of some country forced DJI to put in this update, which seems to be about where you can fly and how the return to home works if you happen to fly into a restricted zone.  The one other DJI note about the upgrade is that it optimizes the gimbal during flight.
Release Notes
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules