Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic fell out of sky
3590 20 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure what happened, but I was flying my Mavic Pro and i had it in sport mode,  went full throttle up and forward. the Mavic got about 30-40ft off the ground then gave out tumbled and smakced into a tree then hit some guys car. The Mavic is fine as far as i can tell, I only needed to recalibrate the gimbal, and for safe measure I re-calibrated the IMU. since there havent been any issues since the crash, but i've only flown it once since then and I'm, hesitant to fly it more. I'd like some feedback from the community on this, I think the battery might have been loose, but that wouldn't make sense since it would've been experianceing positive G forces, and for it to lose power, the battery would have to become disconnected from the terminal which shouldnt happen under those circumstances. I'm also hesitant to send it in for repair to make sure everything is fine with it since it took 2 weeks for my P4P+ to just get shipped back out to me.
2017-6-18
Use props
MavicBeginner
New
Flight distance : 25052 ft
Malaysia

Did you install the latest firmware? I had two crashes due to sudden fly-aways by the drone since the last firmware update. Didn't touch the remote, drone just took off.
2017-6-18
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MavicBeginner Posted at 2017-6-18 20:55
How do you recalibrate the IMU? I can't find the function. Thanks

its under sensor status, under advanced settings
2017-6-18
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MavicBeginner Posted at 2017-6-18 20:58
Did you install the latest firmware? I had two crashes due to sudden fly-aways by the drone since the last firmware update. Didn't touch the remote, drone just took off.

no the drone was under my full control, it just died within 10 seconds of takeoff. and yess the latest firmware is installed.
2017-6-18
Use props
MatrixSystem
New

Thailand

I've experienced "Aircraft Disconnected" mid air with lastest firmware as well. The drone was still hovering 300m. off the ground waitting for the command. I couldn't connect my phone to it, had to long press RTH on the controller. Scares the hell out of me.
2017-6-18
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MatrixSystem Posted at 2017-6-18 21:51
I've experienced "Aircraft Disconnected" mid air with lastest firmware as well. The drone was still hovering 300m. off the ground waitting for the command. I couldn't connect my phone to it, had to long press RTH on the controller. Scares the hell out of me.

Yes I understand that, but my drone was nothing but 20-30ft off the ground and its like it just up and died. within 10 seconds of take off.
2017-6-18
Use props
MatrixSystem
New

Thailand

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-18 22:08
Yes I understand that, but my drone was nothing but 20-30ft off the ground and its like it just up and died. within 10 seconds of take off.

Sorry to hear that. From what I've seen online with people having their drone fall off mid-air is mostly from "battery error". any warnings at all?
2017-6-18
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

You could send in flightlogs to DJI, they might inform you what happened.
2017-6-18
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

this topic is my new favorite. upload the dat file of that flight.
2017-6-18
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-6-18 23:29
this topic is my new favorite. upload the dat file of that flight.

How do I do that?
2017-6-19
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

any help on figuring how to post flight data?
2017-6-19
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

https://datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3.html
2017-6-19
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-6-19 23:19
https://datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3.html

I couldn't figure out which one it was since i don't know how to use the flight viewer but here's 2 files within 1 minute of then

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... G8/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Dg/view?usp=sharing
2017-6-20
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I would guess the battery wasn't connected properly.  I clean the terminals before each flight after reading other horror stories on here.  Only takes a bit of dirt or moisture to throw these things off.  On a separate note, are you the guy who flew like crazy around a park with powerlines and floodlights etc?
2017-6-20
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-20 11:33
I would guess the battery wasn't connected properly.  I clean the terminals before each flight after reading other horror stories on here.  Only takes a bit of dirt or moisture to throw these things off.  On a separate note, are you the guy who flew like crazy around a park with powerlines and floodlights etc?

why, do you ask?
2017-6-20
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

The irony.  Posting videos about pushing the mavic to it's limit and then posting a thread how it fell out of the sky... I do have a wicked sense of humour though.
2017-6-20
Use props
Gareth's Drone
New
Flight distance : 23530 ft
Australia

I had the same problem. Mavic Pro in sport mode whilst flying back to me about 5m off the ground then dropped like a stone. The battery seemed to fall out in mid-air. The camera and gimble snapped off and the battery is cactus. The drone is a week old today so am gutted. Of the three batteries I purchased, I noticed one didn't seat right in the dock. Whilst there were no obvious obstructions given it was all brand new and clean, it did make the click sound when inserted however did obviously come loose in flight. It's boxed up ready to go back to DJI today as a warranty claim. Going forward, I am going to put a velcro strap around the body to ensure the battery doesn't auto-eject in future. What concerns me however is if this should happen over woodland or over water - never will find the Mavic again!
2017-6-20
Use props
Raptured Lens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34085 ft
Australia

well our mavic fell into the ocean with 40% battery left  un able to retrieve the drone nothing came good out of it... really not happy  with DJI they only offered us 30% discount that only last for a month that we have to use on their website to purchase a new drone which we have to pay for.. as they couldn't prove how this happened... really not a happy customer never buying one again
2017-9-21
Use props
Raptured Lens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34085 ft
Australia

well our mavic fell into the ocean with 40% battery left  un able to retrieve the drone nothing came good out of it... really not happy  with DJI they only offered us 30% discount that only last for a month that we have to use on their website to purchase a new drone which we have to pay for.. as they couldn't prove how this happened... really not a happy customer never buying one again
2017-9-21
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3589859 ft
United States

2018-2-12
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3589859 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro crashed today for no apparent reason. All systems were fine.It just started spinning and fell out of the sky. I haven't found it yet. Going to send my Phantom 3 to look for it as I do have the last known GPS coordinates.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules