Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blurry Inspire 1 X3 Video
2423 11 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonesDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331598 ft
United States

Hi, I've been flying with my X3 and noticed that the video is quite blurry. The drone is basically new, so I have no idea what is going on. I've tried adjusting the settings, but it *seems* like the focus is too close, and not set on infinity. Makes all of my video soft. And yes, I have tried adjusting sharpness...it's a focus issue. And ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. This video quality is not acceptable!

Here are 2 videos I took today to show you what I mean

2017-6-18
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Your video link is not working.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that the video is unable to be played. Could you please upload the video to Dropbox and then provide the link to us? We'd love to help, thanks.
2017-6-19
Use props
JonesDrones
lvl.1
United States

Sorry about that! Try now - the videos were private, not unlisted. Should work fine now.
2017-6-19
Use props
JonesDrones
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 02:00
Sorry that the video is unable to be played. Could you please upload the video to Dropbox and then provide the link to us? We'd love to help, thanks.

Also, you'll notice in the second video that on the ground the video is sharp within a few feet of the drone - farther than that is out of focus, and never comes into focus. No tampering has ever been done with the camera hardware, and the camera is 3 months old.
2017-6-19
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Slow the pans way down for sure ......makes it a bit more pleasing to the eye .... next  reset all the settings  for the camera , do  this on the go app far right of main screen .
You are up to date on FW or on at least compatible firmware I assume  correct .  

Looks to me like it is stuck in a Macro setting and wont focus at distance , it may be a bad sensor , You may want to try to rollback the FW on the AC and might have to on the RC transmitter depending on the FW and then re load it again .  

Did it work perfectly  in the past ?  did it just get wonky after an update ?
I notice  you have more than one camera , you have updated BOTH of the camera systems correct ?  I own the X5 and X3 and I must update both of the camera systems , not sure on the Z3 but I woul d assume them to be the same , be sure both are updated )

Also be sure to have the camera set  in "follow " mode not FPV, that is why you are getiing  less than smooth video .  OR your gimbal settings are way to high .  

donnie

2017-6-19
Use props
JonesDrones
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-6-19 06:13
Slow the pans way down for sure ......makes it a bit more pleasing to the eye .... next  reset all the settings  for the camera , do  this on the go app far right of main screen .
You are up to date on FW or on at least compatible firmware I assume  correct .  

Donnie, thanks for the reply. I definitely wasn't going for anything cinematic with this video - it was really to check the video and try to determine the cause of this blurriness.

I'll try rolling back the AC firmware and resetting the camera settings
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JonesDrones Posted at 2017-6-19 10:08
Donnie, thanks for the reply. I definitely wasn't going for anything cinematic with this video - it was really to check the video and try to determine the cause of this blurriness.

I'll try rolling back the AC firmware and resetting the camera settings

Please keep us posted on how it went. Worse case, you may want to look at getting an exchange via your dealer if you just got the unit or sending it in to DJI for service.
2017-6-20
Use props
JonesDrones
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-20 12:49
Please keep us posted on how it went. Worse case, you may want to look at getting an exchange via your dealer if you just got the unit or sending it in to DJI for service.

Yea, I tried everything - no luck. I think I'll send it in to DJI!
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JonesDrones Posted at 2017-6-20 14:02

Thanks for the update, they'll get this sorted for you.
2017-6-20
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

JonesDrones Posted at 2017-6-20 14:02

I think you are doing the right thing , looks like something broke for sure , you will be amazed when working properly .

good Luck

donnie
2017-6-21
Use props
JonesDrones
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-6-21 03:50
I think you are doing the right thing , looks like something broke for sure , you will be amazed when working properly .

good Luck

Thanks Donnie! Happy that it's under warranty still
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules