Multiple Flight Mode left on in P-mode caused stick failure?
1991 8 2015-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karlharman1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1972 ft
Canada

Hi Guys, just thought I would share this with you and DJI...  I have been flying my Inspire for a few weeks now with the usual problems that other Inspire users are facing on this forum, after flying one evening with the Compass error popping up and going into Atti mode, and testing the RTH function with my Inspire heading towards the trees instead of me I called it a day.
I thought I would jump on the simulator and fly In A - mode, just to see what to expect should the Inspire not return back to P-GPS from P - ATTI...

...The next day I took my Inspire out for a fly knowing that I had changed some settings on the RC, I went through and changed them back but missed turning the Mutiple Flight Mode back to off, when I got the Inspire up in the air I had NO Pitch forward or NO Roll to the right, I brought her back down reset the Multi-Flight-Mode to off and the Inspire is flying normal again?

I will test the Multi-Flight-Mode on in P - Mode again and see if I loose Pitch & Roll

What do you think..? apart from pilot pre-check error your thoughts

Cheers Karl.
2015-3-14
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

I like to fly in Atti and to be able to use the switch on the RC to cycle from P to A mode as I feel like it. As such, I always leave the Multiple Flight Mode switch in the APP on. It's odd that you lost pitch and roll function just by having yours on? Have you used the RC switch to change modes or do you just leave it in P mode?
2015-3-14
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Wow! I can't say I changed that mode but I did lose pitch and roll a few days ago. Had I not been over a field I would have had to throw it into ATTI mode and wind drift it to a landing site without trees.
2015-3-14
Use props
karlharman1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1972 ft
Canada

Quick update on the test flight...

Multi-Flight-Mode ON - RC set to P - Mode.

She flew for about 12mins with out any stick loss until I was down to 20% and I lost Roll to the right. with a new battery in thinking that was the issue.

I took off hovered for a while testing my Pith & Roll, all was ok at this point.  I checked the Multi-Flight-Mode in the app and it had switched itself off...??? maybe the change of battery...???   Having turned it back on I pithed forward and the Inspire flew off at a 45°...???  pitched back and she flew 45° back to the same position seconds later and I had no left or right roll...???  they eventually returned but I could then only pitch back and not forward.

to be continued...

Hi steve yes it is very strange...  I have only been using the RC in P - Mode  and flying  A - Mode in the simulator.
2015-3-15
Use props
alecesp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1762087 ft
United Kingdom

I think I had a similar issue today when I took the Inspire for its maiden flight. I enabled Multi Flight Modes on my tablet as I wanted to get comfortable at flying the quad in Atti ASAP in light of all the issues that have been reported. The first battery went fine. Flew in GPS mode with a couple of switches to Atti. Landed, changed out the battery but didn't turn off the transmitter (could this be an issue??). Powered back on the Inspire and flew again. During that flight the quad stopped responding to forward pitch control input about 5 times. All other flight controls responded as I would expect. I just wasn't able to have the craft pitch forward at all. Each instance lasted between 5 & 20 seconds. During the episodes I tried switching to Atti but it made no difference. The Inspire was within 90m at all times in an open field. Thinking back, after hovering for about 40 seconds immediately after takeoff, I had the Inspire climb and pitch forward. I noticed that the quad lurched forward as if there were a glitch. I assumed it was one of the known issues with the GPS/compass I've read about. The glitch was literally momentary.
I've not flown any more batteries yet as no time, but I wondered if anyone else had experienced these issues?
Before flight, at home, I did a full calibration of the transmitter plus full IMU calibration. Immediately before flight I did a compass calibration.
2015-4-9
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

It sounds like you might have the  
Toggle Switch to F Mode engaging the IOC in Course Lock
2015-4-10
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I have had similar scenario in the simulator actually ... Never IRL ... So this is most probably a software issue ...

I wonder if DJI allready knows about this and if it adressed in the next update ...
2015-4-10
Use props
alecesp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

kirk.pleasant Posted at 2015-4-10 17:24
It sounds like you might have the  
Toggle Switch to F Mode engaging the IOC in Course Lock

Fairly sure it wasn't. It exhibited the issue in both GPS and Atti mode. I will hold my hands up to being a very inexperienced pully of the Inspire though!
2015-4-10
Use props
alecesp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

w1der Posted at 2015-4-10 17:37
I have had similar scenario in the simulator actually ... Never IRL ... So this is most probably a s ...

We can but hope!
2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules