2017-6-19
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

fansf8802daf Posted at 2017-6-19 06:50
Also is it save to fly in 35 C

We have to fly a lot hotter than that here. You should be fine. (It's been 38C  the last few days here).

Also, i would not worry too much about the battery being hot after flying. It will  start cooling off as soon as you remove it from the AC.  It just needs to cool down before you can charge it.

2017-6-19
Use props
fansf8802daf
lvl.2
Netherlands

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-19 07:00
We have to fly a lot hotter than that here. You should be fine. (It's been 38C  the last few days here).

Also, i would not worry too much about the battery being hot after flying. It will  start cooling off as soon as you remove it from the AC.  It just needs to cool down before you can charge it.

But how do i take it home safely
Live 1 km away from landing spot
Do i put it back in the case or not?
image.jpg
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf8802daf
lvl.2
Netherlands

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-19 07:00

But how do i take it home safely
Live 1 km away from landing spot
Do i put it back in the case or not?
image.jpg
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf8802daf
lvl.2
Netherlands

Sorry mistake
2017-6-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Do you have an outside pocket on your case .... that is not insulated ? Stick it in  there. Other wise don't worry about it ...

OK - I usually place my used batterys on the floor of my van away from the charged ones. They stay there till I pack up to go home.

Nigel
2017-6-19
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

My backpack has a mesh pocket on the side, I never even thought  about it's use until Solentlife mentioned an outside pocket for hot batteries. Cheers Nigel.
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shouldn't make much difference really, the batteries will just take longer to cool. The important bit is that they are cooler before charging begins, and before use after charging finishes.
2017-6-19
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

If you have a way to carry them that they can cool off faster, use that. If not, just put them in the case. Like stated, it will just take longer to cool off. Pull them out and let them cool off before you recharge them.
2017-6-19
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

If they aren't to hot to hold in your hand then they won't do anything to your case. You should have it follow you back on your hike, then you won't have to carry the battery ;)
2017-6-19
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I know the p4 batteries will blink the first light thats different from the blinking when it charges if the battery is to hot when you plug it in. I think it keeps blinking even after you unplug it to let you know that its to hot to charge. When it quits blinking its safe to charge. Ive only seen it get too hot to charge when im flying around in sport mode.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules