Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pairing the Controller Every Time?
3688 10 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It seems that any time I use the Wi-FI to Phone connection with the Spark, then decide to use the RC, I have to not only reboot the Spark, but also repair the controller (by pressing the pattery for 6 seconds and pressing the 3 buttons on the RC). Then if I want to go back to using the Phone connection, I have to reboot, and then hold the battery button until I hear 3 beeps in order to get the Spark Wi-Fi connection to show back up.

Am I missing something or is this really what is required to go back and forth between the two?
2017-6-19
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope you're correct, you can't be linked to the remote and the phone, you have to disconnect the remote to use the phone. Maybe in another firmware release!
2017-6-19
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Buzzyone Posted at 2017-6-19 10:34
Nope you're correct, you can't be linked to the remote and the phone, you have to disconnect the remote to use the phone. Maybe in another firmware release!

Yeah I understand that. But my cousin confusions lies with the reconnection process. Is it really that convoluted? Holding the button for 3 beeps just to get the spark network to show up again?
2017-6-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay, I have been reading some of these questions and I have gone from the remote to device control without relinking the drone.
I hold the power button down for three seconds after starting up the Spark normally, then I watch the Wi=Fi for the Spark RC to show up. I pick this one from the list and wait for my remote and Spark to connect up. If you go into the Go App you will get the go fly button...

So to date, I have not had any trouble using the mobile device or remote with my Spark.

Rich
2017-6-19
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-19 12:14
Okay, I have been reading some of these questions and I have gone from the remote to device control without relinking the drone.
I hold the power button down for three seconds after starting up the Spark normally, then I watch the Wi=Fi for the Spark RC to show up. I pick this one from the list and wait for my remote and Spark to connect up. If you go into the Go App you will get the go fly button...

But holding the button down is relinking...
2017-6-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

FFS Posted at 2017-6-19 18:28
But holding the button down is relinking...

Sorry for not describing myself more clearly. I hold the battery button down to change between mobile and remote modes. I do not hold the relinking buttons down on the remote controller. I can go back and forth without totally relinking the remote controller.

I do see a slight pause when you change over, you need to wait until the Wi-Fi Spark-RC is on the list to choose from.

Rich
2017-6-19
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been having to re-link the RC and drone every time. I have also had to "forget" the SSID for the controller and re-link my phone to the controller a lot as well as the app doesn't see the RC is connected until I do so.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

I have to do a 9 second drone reset everytime I want to fly with my phone.so annoying.
2017-6-20
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Yes me too, every time I power it on I need to 9 second reset.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans8c349a91
New
United States

Same issue for me this morning, had to go through the process to link up the controller and the spark. Hoping it doesn't persist.
2017-6-25
Use props
Scobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

fans8c349a91 Posted at 2017-6-25 15:22
Same issue for me this morning, had to go through the process to link up the controller and the spark. Hoping it doesn't persist.

Found this in the manual incase anyone is still unsure ......

2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules