Linking the Goggles to the Mavic
1091 5 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys - curious about linking the DJI Goggles to the Mavic.  

After you sucessfully link the gogles to the Mavic does it remember the link when you re-start,  or will it require re-linking on each start-up?

Thanks Mike

2017-6-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

You only have to link them once.
2017-6-19
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply - do the Goggles require 800 on the Mavic firmware or will it operate with older versions?

Thanks Mike
2017-6-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2017-6-19 16:36
Thanks for the reply - do the Goggles require 800 on the Mavic firmware or will it operate with older versions?

Thanks Mike

No, it isn't necessary to upgrade. I'm still using the .0400 version and all the functionality seems to work fine. The release notes for one of the more recent firmware releases said something about adding support for the goggles, but I've done quite a bit of flying with .0400 and haven't seen any problems.
2017-6-19
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply - happy to hear that, once a machine flies right,  I generally don't upgrade - in fact all my Phantoms and my Inspire 1 have original firmware.

Looking forward to getting the goggles this week and trying to get up to speed before it arrives.

Many  Thanks  Mike
2017-6-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2017-6-19 17:45
Thanks for the reply - happy to hear that, once a machine flies right,  I generally don't upgrade - in fact all my Phantoms and my Inspire 1 have original firmware.

Looking forward to getting the goggles this week and trying to get up to speed before it arrives.

You're very welcome. I understand completely about the firmware; I was reluctant to upgrade and decided I had nothing to lose by trying them with .0400, and in hindsight I'm glad I did. I love the goggles and I suspect you will too, so hopefully you'll get them soon.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules