Transporting the Spark in DJI's shoulder bag: Props on or off?
13391 18 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechPreacher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9275 ft
United Kingdom

I have received the Spark with the Fly More kit and I do like the size of the shoulder bag that comes with it.

I notice that a lot of people seem to place the Spark in the bag with the props on, I however have a gut feeling that the unprotected props might easily get damaged when anything puts pressure on the bag as nothing is there to stabilize them or hold them in place like the folded arms of the Mavic do.

What do experienced drone pilots say? Props on or off in the DJI shoulder bag? Thanks!

spark-bag.png

(Picture lifted from the great review at - by  Ben Hecht)

2017-6-20
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

I've been carrying mine around for days and leaving the props on.  I've never taken the props off my Mavic.
2017-6-20
Use props
Numptee Nuts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144 ft
United Kingdom

I was a bit disappointed with the combo bag.

I know you can just about fit it all in but the drone itself is not very well protected is it. I did expect a small pouch within the bag to place the spark into. I'll have to find a larger 3rd party bag to carry it all in now....shame
2017-6-20
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Numptee Nuts Posted at 2017-6-20 04:42
I was a bit disappointed with the combo bag.

I know you can just about fit it all in but the drone itself is not very well protected is it. I did expect a small pouch within the bag to place the spark into. I'll have to find a larger 3rd party bag to carry it all in now....shame

The Mavic combo bag wasn't much better
2017-6-20
Use props
TechPreacher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the input so far. I agree that the Spark isn't protected very well in the bag but to take it along for just some hiking, I think it could work well... For longer travels or rougher adventures, I have ordered the following hard-shell case: https://www.amazon.de/Bescita-Wa ... teile/dp/B072KRWVJ7

2017-6-20
Use props
fans429241bd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16424 ft
United States

TechPreacher Posted at 2017-6-20 05:03
Thanks for the input so far. I agree that the Spark isn't protected very well in the bag but to take it along for just some hiking, I think it could work well... For longer travels or rougher adventures, I have ordered the following hard-shell case: https://www.amazon.de/Bescita-Wasserdichte-Hardshell-Falltasche-Ersatzteile/dp/B072KRWVJ7

Things, I would have been fine with it if they had just made it slightly bigger. However, if you are careful about the way you pack it, you can get everything in. I put the blade guards in the outside holder. I put the 3 port charger piece in the pouch on the underside of the lid. I leave one battery in the drone and then place the "brick" part of the charger where the second would go. Since it won't fit in the battery pouch I just push the battery pouch flat against the side. Voila! It's tight, but it fits.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans429241bd
lvl.1
United States

TechPreacher Posted at 2017-6-20 05:03
Thanks for the input so far. I agree that the Spark isn't protected very well in the bag but to take it along for just some hiking, I think it could work well... For longer travels or rougher adventures, I have ordered the following hard-shell case: https://www.amazon.de/Bescita-Wasserdichte-Hardshell-Falltasche-Ersatzteile/dp/B072KRWVJ7

I would have been fine with it if they had just made it slightly bigger. However, if you are careful about the way you pack it, you can get everything in. I put the blade guards in the outside holder. I put the 3 port charger piece in the pouch on the underside of the lid. I leave one battery in the drone and then place the "brick" part of the charger where the second would go. Since it won't fit in the battery pouch I just push the battery pouch flat against the side. Voila! It's tight, but it fits.
2017-6-20
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I may order this case soon: http://amzn.to/2rQWABB and see how I get on with it, good price and looks well made
2017-6-20
Use props
fans429241bd
lvl.1
United States

A repeat from my post up above showing how everything fits in the bag:

I would have been fine with it if they had just made it slightly bigger. However, if you are careful about the way you pack it, you can get everything in. I put the blade guards in the outside holder. I put the 3 port charger piece in the pouch on the underside of the lid. I leave one battery in the drone and then place the "brick" part of the charger where the second would go. Since it won't fit in the battery pouch I just push the battery pouch flat against the side. Voila! It's tight, but it fits.

IMG_2132.JPG
IMG_2133.JPG
2017-6-20
Use props
TechPreacher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans429241bd Posted at 2017-6-20 06:53
A repeat from my post up above showing how everything fits in the bag:

Wow. Thanks for sharing that. Crazy packing skills right there! With that tight a packing I would however be afraid that the rotors get bent out of shape by all the accessories....
2017-6-20
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137369 ft
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-20 05:53
I may order this case soon: http://amzn.to/2rQWABB and see how I get on with it, good price and looks well made

I'm not sure about that case.  The top lid doesn't look structured  so anything can press down on the  props, etc.  

The best case is the one that comes with the drone.  It is so well designed. It weighs nothing, firm structured protection all around, holds extra batteries and props.  The only thing is the remote, but it seems tough enough to just be tossed into the bag with a joystick protector like they make for the mavic.

Toss the original case and remote and whatever extra batteries into your day pack and you're good to go.  That's how i'm going to use it.
2017-6-20
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-20 05:53

i have one its very well made and well protects the spark, shame i still waiting for my spark to ship LOL
2017-6-20
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Pre-Ordered this case from Go Professional cases.  It's scheduled to ship in a week or so.  My Mavic lives in a Go Professional case and it fits everything very securely.
2017-6-20
Use props
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

Interesting.  I finally went to pack mine last night, I'm at work now so no pics, but I took the batts off, put them in their little pouch inside.  Then I put the drone backwards from everyone on here (probs face "back" of bag). I put the 3-batt charger base (not the brick) in the back to protect the props a little more.  I put the brick on top of the batteries--it fits because batteries are off and there is a void on the spark body where the battery would be.  I just didn't put the prop guards in the front pouch yet as it looked like it would squash them.

I couldn't figure out how to get it the way the diagram that came with it suggested.  The drone body doesn't fit well between those battery pouches.  Might have to retry.  Might take pictures at some point if I remember

Thanks for the suggested approaches.

Chris
2017-6-20
Use props
TechPreacher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have now packed like this: Only remote control, prop guards, 2 batteries and the Spark are in the bag - this leaves enough room for the Spark so the mounted props don't get squashed. It seems like a silly topic but I really wanted to find the best way to pack so the Spark survives everyday use / being carried around everywhere in this bag

2017-6-21
Use props
Anonymous_guy
lvl.2

United States

TechPreacher Posted at 2017-6-21 00:58
I have now packed like this: Only remote control, prop guards, 2 batteries and the Spark are in the bag - this leaves enough room for the Spark so the mounted props don't get squashed. It seems like a silly topic but I really wanted to find the best way to pack so the Spark survives everyday use / being carried around everywhere in this bag

[view_image]

Thank you! I can finally fit my spark in my bag without worrying about it getting destroyed.
2021-4-12
Use props
Anonymous_guy
lvl.2

United States

In my opinion, unless you're going to fly your spark multiple times, it is not worth it to bring your charging hub with you.  Something that costs 50 dollars might destroy an item worth 500 dollars.
2021-4-12
Use props
Anonymous_guy
lvl.2

United States

I would make a few changes.  First add a gimbal protector.  Then in case you drop the case, you want the camera facing up.
2021-4-14
Use props
Anonymous_guy
lvl.2

United States

fans429241bd Posted at 2017-6-20 05:34
I would have been fine with it if they had just made it slightly bigger. However, if you are careful about the way you pack it, you can get everything in. I put the blade guards in the outside holder. I put the 3 port charger piece in the pouch on the underside of the lid. I leave one battery in the drone and then place the "brick" part of the charger where the second would go. Since it won't fit in the battery pouch I just push the battery pouch flat against the side. Voila! It's tight, but it fits.

Check out this video, this way of packing is a tiny bit looser.
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules