WHERE IS IT??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4b62ed86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Where do I find the latest firmware for my P3 Advanced and RC please???
2017-6-20
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I keep this site on my list of places to look for really good information. DJI can sometimes be hard to find what you want or need, especially since some of the products are being discontinued or no longer sold. Try this site.http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Advanced/
They have everything from software to firmware and everything in between. Older versions to the latest releases and for many different models. Remember, the firmware has both the software for the aircraft and your RC combined into the one file. It is not one for each. And to be clear, if you download the firmware, depending on which version you are on, you can put the bin file on your sd-card and update your aircraft, but the RC gets upgraded through the app via your WiFi. That is how it is supposed to work if all goes well. Of course if you are having troubles, you can use the USB drive with your sd-card to upgrade your RC too.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans4b62ed86
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-6-20 06:05
I keep this site on my list of places to look for really good information. DJI can sometimes be hard to find what you want or need, especially since some of the products are being discontinued or no longer sold. Try this site.http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Advanced/
They have everything from software to firmware and everything in between. Older versions to the latest releases and for many different models. Remember, the firmware has both the software for the aircraft and your RC combined into the one file. It is not one for each. And to be clear, if you download the firmware, depending on which version you are on, you can put the bin file on your sd-card and update your aircraft, but the RC gets upgraded through the app via your WiFi. That is how it is supposed to work if all goes well. Of course if you are having troubles, you can use the USB drive with your sd-card to upgrade your RC too.

Thanks for that.
However, I havent upgraded for some years now, still on 1.4.
Im led to believe that with the new upgrade you have to 'register' before each flight - is that correct?.

At the moment, I just assemble and fly, no messing about. Of course its still geofenced and I cant fly in restricted areas, but apart from that, trouble free flying, has it changed?.

Buzz
2017-6-20
Use props
SimonH78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope still trouble free flying - The download is on the DJI website !   - http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv - Using the latest FW and Go app without any issues.
2017-6-20
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

fans4b62ed86 Posted at 2017-6-20 06:34
Thanks for that.
However, I havent upgraded for some years now, still on 1.4.
Im led to believe that with the new upgrade you have to 'register' before each flight - is that correct?.

If your firmware is that far back, you may have to do one at a time until you get to I think V1.6, then you can jump to the latest V1.10.9, but only if you want to. I am not exactly sure what each upgrade addressed now, but if you aren't having any issues I would leave it alone. To answer your question though, I live in the US and I have the latest on my Advanced, and have never had to re-register or anything, and I do not have any issues with flying at all. I use android and I have my geo-fencing turned off and it has never given me a problem. I am pretty sure we will not see any more releases for the Advanced or the Pro. So again, if you are not having any issues, it might not be worth the effort, to just say you have the latest firmware. I originally was on V. 1.3 when I bought mine almost 2-years ago now, but I always upgraded when a new one came out. Hope that answers your question.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans4b62ed86
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Damn, I wish I'd left it alone, however the controller wouldnt work telling me it needed an upgrade and the sticks werent calibrated.
So Ive done the upgrade and now i see I think im restricted to 500mts height max and 500mts distance max, feck !!!!!!!
Used to be able to fly 2 miles out, Im really pi##ed if this is the case.
2017-6-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4b62ed86 Posted at 2017-6-20 09:51
Damn, I wish I'd left it alone, however the controller wouldnt work telling me it needed an upgrade and the sticks werent calibrated.
So Ive done the upgrade and now i see I think im restricted to 500mts height max and 500mts distance max, feck !!!!!!!
Used to be able to fly 2 miles out, Im really pi##ed if this is the case.

" I think im restricted to 500mts height max and 500mts distance max"

You have never been able to fly higher than 500 metres and as always, there are only two things that can restrict your flight distance.
1.  The distance your radio signal will travel
2.  The user configurable max distance limit which is able to be switched off, just as it always has.

Is there anything else you want to rant about unnecessarily?

2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules