Something new and ominous RC signal fading and range decreasing
955 4 2015-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

The last couple of flights I have been losing range on my rc signal. I'll get out around 1200 ft. I will get a drop in bars into the red. In the past I always had a strong rc signal at much greater distances in the same place. The video signal is as usual...no problems there...it is the rc signal which is of great concern to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have received this warning on both the iPad Air and the Nvidia Shield.
2015-3-15
Use props
BHoskins
lvl.1

United States

Is the wifi turned off on your device?  Is the image transmission setting set to auto?   
2015-3-15
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

BHoskins Posted at 2015-3-16 01:48
Is the wifi turned off on your device?  Is the image transmission setting set to auto?

I think you may be correct. In have been trying to do Shou streaming with mixed results and I have been leaving the with_fi on. I have removed the Shou app because it is still in Beta and I don't want to use my Inspire for testing software.
2015-3-15
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

BHoskins Posted at 2015-3-16 01:48

I could not find where the image transmission can be setup, can you share how to get to it?
2015-3-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As mentioned above try the Tablet in Airplane Mode and the Wi-Fi off. You don't need any of those features and they can cause a degradation in the DJI Controller signal. You could also get a mix with the two signals so close to each other.
2015-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules