Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DNG & ProRes licence Activation Problem
2977 13 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenavata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 742126 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I purchased a new inspire 2 last week (absolutely love it, and props fine so far!), then purchased the DNG & ProRes licence today, Activation code received, so far so good!

Latest firmware installed and latest version of Assistant 2 but every time I go to the licence tab (tried multi PC’s) I only get a picture and no option to enter the activation code.

Chatted online with support without any success, tried to call but stuck in the never-ending queue … now waiting for an email response.

Anybody seen and resolved this issue before …?

Many Thanks, Ken

2017-6-20
Use props
PowerZhang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35397 ft
Hong Kong

Please tell me what suit you bought ,Como Suite or No como suite.If como suite ,the license should be activated by DJI,if no como suite,you should have received the verify code in you email for activate licesne.
2017-6-21
Use props
kenavata
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PowerZhang Posted at 2017-6-21 00:57
Please tell me what suit you bought ,Como Suite or No como suite.If como suite ,the license should be activated by DJI,if no como suite,you should have received the verify code in you email for activate licesne.

I bought the licenses separately (i.e. not the combo), and I have the activation code! Just no option in Assistant 2  to enter the code.  :-(

Thx Ken
2017-6-21
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
I had  a problem activating my license and spent six days getting nowhere with DJI support. I spoke to Heliguy and they put me on to Stefan from DJI Europe. He had it sorted in less than 12 hours. Email is 'Support.eu5' <Support.eu5@dji.com>, hope this helps.
2017-6-21
Use props
kenavata
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank You SkySight, I've bought a few things from Heliguy and been impressed, unfortunately not the drone (had some camera gear to trade-in, which limited my choices).

But appreciate the contact, will definitely give that a try, was hoping one of the DJI mod's would post with an Update !

Seems like the sort of thing that should only take a few minutes to resolve, an entry on a database somewhere or the like.
2017-6-21
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got one digit wrong when I input the drones serial number. I did exactly what was suggested in the Q&A's and support new nothing of the procedure and made promises of all types but none came to fruition.
They make the most complex drones in the business but get stumped changing one digit of a serial number! Beggars belief?
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

kenavata Posted at 2017-6-21 01:58
I bought the licenses separately (i.e. not the combo), and I have the activation code! Just no option in Assistant 2  to enter the code.  :-(

Thx Ken

If you're getting an image of the Inspire 2 and describing what a license key is, that means that there isn't a potential activation code set up for that aircraft's CineCoreSN. When the Assistant 2 connects to the aircraft, and reads that CineCore SN, it would know to show you a text box prompt in the License section to input that activation code. When you bought the license, did you manually input the SN or did you copy/paste from the Assistant 2 software?
2017-6-21
Use props
kenavata
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 12:33
If you're getting an image of the Inspire 2 and describing what a license key is, that means that there isn't a potential activation code set up for that aircraft's CineCoreSN. When the Assistant 2 connects to the aircraft, and reads that CineCore SN, it would know to show you a text box prompt in the License section to input that activation code. When you bought the license, did you manually input the SN or did you copy/paste from the Assistant 2 software?

Hi Jamie,

I manually entered it, I assume from others experience potentially incorrectly (maybe as a future fix suggestion ... it would be fairly trivial for DJI to ensure that wasn't possible as with just about all other software).

However a moot now, if that is the issue how do I get it fixed ... I've had zero response from support!

Case ref:   594379 ( support.nl@dji.com)

Thanks, Greg
2017-6-21
Use props
PowerZhang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35397 ft
Hong Kong

kenavata Posted at 2017-6-21 01:58

Thx Ken

Maybe you can paste the screen of th DJI assitant 2 license option ,when you drone connected to the DJI assitant2.

2017-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kenavata, Sorry for the trouble caused, could you please provide us the Cinecore serial number at your most convenience? We will help to look into. Thank you.
Cinecore.png
2017-6-23
Use props
kenavata
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RE: DNG &amp; ProRes licence Activation Problem [SOLVED]

The issue is now resolved, greatly appreciated the offers of assistance and some great support from the DJI NL team !!! THANK YOU

For future reference and warning, it transpires it's possible to purchase the Cinecore licenses against an invalid serial number, so best to copy and paste from Assistant 2.

(I'd politely suggest as an enhancement request this shouldn't be the case, it's a trivial software fix to ensure that only valid SN could be entered)

Thanks, Ken
2017-6-23
Use props
BOSE1897
New
India

hello brother
i am faceing the same problem how to resolve it
2017-7-11
Use props
kenavata
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BOSE1897 Posted at 2017-7-11 07:19
hello brother
i am faceing the same problem how to resolve it

The only option, is DJI support and some polite persistence ... I've had most success when emailing. Always best to supply all the data (SN, purchase references etc) and screen shots up front.

Best of luck, it shouldn't take more than a few days!

Ken
2017-7-11
Use props
BOSE1897
New
India

kenavata Posted at 2017-7-11 07:56
The only option, is DJI support and some polite persistence ... I've had most success when emailing. Always best to supply all the data (SN, purchase references etc) and screen shots up front.

Best of luck, it shouldn't take more than a few days!

thank u brother
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules