SSID and Password Changes
4392 7 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

Anyone know how to change SSID and Password? I was able to change the ssid for the drone itself with a pop up that appeared, but havent been able to change the remote id and password. i clicked on the these under wifi options but it didnt give me an option to change them.

2017-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Unfortunately no you can't.
2017-6-20
Use props
fansb4b98840
New
United States

You can.

To change the RC SSID and password, you must first be linked between the RC and Spark and be connected to the RC via the DJI GO 4 app. All devices must be on and connected. From the main DJI screen of the app (not Camera view), press the Connected button to the left of the Go Fly button. From the Mobile Device tab (yes, the Mobile Device tab), you will see the RC SSID and password. Change it here, and then restart the controller. From your phone (or other mobile device), you will now see the new SSID you created, connect to it using your new password. You should not need to relink the RC to the Spark.

You can also reset the RC SSID and password to default (sticker on back of RC). Once the RC is fully booted, and the SSID is visible on your phone (or other mobile device), press and hold the RC power button until it beeps at you, then restart the RC. When you search for the SSID you will see it indeed was reset to default.

As of this posting, this information is NOT in any documentation and DJI online support is not aware of how to do this.

2017-6-23
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

fansb4b98840 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:44
You can.

To change the RC SSID and password, you must first be linked between the RC and Spark and be connected to the RC via the DJI GO 4 app. All devices must be on and connected. From the main DJI screen of the app (not Camera view), press the Connected button to the left of the Go Fly button. From the Mobile Device tab (yes, the Mobile Device tab), you will see the RC SSID and password. Change it here, and then restart the controller. From your phone (or other mobile device), you will now see the new SSID you created, connect to it using your new password. You should not need to relink the RC to the Spark.

awesome thank you!
2017-6-23
Use props
rozariom
New
Singapore

Hi all,
Thanks a lot to fansb4b98840, I too have been able to now change my Spark Controller ID & Password.
A few things to note though, the procedure only works on Android devices (not too sure if it is for ALL Android devices).
It does NOT work in IOS devices.
Slight differences I noticed other than the above, in Android it says "Go Fly", in IOS it says "Start Flying"
2017-7-1
Use props
fans0ef707ed
New
Singapore

fansb4b98840 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:44
You can.

Well this is wonderful..  this post should pin at the top. I changed mine too.

Thanks.
2017-7-1
Use props
meik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11857 ft
United States

Thank you so much. I was able to change my RC's SSID & Pwd as well using android tablet.

I was a bit confusing when I saw "Reset Aircraft Wi-Fi Settings" on Mobile Device tab but it showed me my RC's info when I clicked.
2017-7-8
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good info! If someone else see's Spark-RCxxxx if they had DJI Go 4 could they connect with default username & password and essentially take over AC?
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules